2024 PSU WVB Thread

Tom McAndrew

BWI Staff
Staff member
Oct 27, 2021
I think I saw that kind of info when Russ Rose retired, but I can't locate it doing a quick search. I suspect @NitneLiun may know if such a document exists on VolleyTalk or some of the other VB sites.

I'll give you a few names, and others can add to it:

Darcy Dorton - Ball State head coach
Katie Schumacher-Cawley - PSU head coach
Megan Hodge Easy - PSU assistant coach
Salima Rockwell - Notre Dame head coach
Abby Detering - Rutgers associate head coach
Blair Brown - former head coach of Buffalo (no longer coaching)
Nicolę Fawcett - Ohio State assistant coach
Alisha Glass - former Stanford assistant coach (I don't think she's currently coaching)
Kristin Carpenter - former Maryland assistant coach (I don't think she's currently coaching)
Jessica Yanz - Wisconsin director of volleyball operations
Joanie Guman-Troutman - former Penn State Lehigh Valley head coach (I'm not sure what she's up to now)
Kris Brown - she's the owner/director of High Tide Volleyball (a VB club)
Kate Price - she was the head coach of Eastern Illinois U. (I'm not sure what she's up to now)
Lori Lokash - head coach of Slipper Rock U
Julie Firth - she was the long-time head coach of UNC Asheville. (I'm not sure what she's up to now)
Leanne Kling - she's been the long-time head coach of Shippensburg U
Alyssa D'Errico - Utah University associate head coach
Arielle Wilson - Missouri U. defensive coordinator/recruiting coordinator
Megan Shifflett - George Mason head coach
Ariel Scott - she was an assistant coach at NJIT. I'm not sure what she's up to now

That's my quick take on this. I'm sure there are a lot of names I'm missing from the tree.

Others I've remembered:

Michelle Jaworski - she was an assistant at multiple programs (Kentucky, UNC-Asheville, East Carolina, etc.) I think she's currently coaching club VB
Noelle Zientara - she was a coach at State College HS. I think she's since gotten out of coaching
Lori Barberich - she was an assistant coach at PSU
Kim Kumfer - I don't know what she's up to these days, but she was an assistant coach at Minnesota, American, U. of San Francisco, and Pittsburgh

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login