42 points.

wbc40

Feb 25, 2008
42 points. I don't know what else to say. A single performance like that is literally unheard of in college basketball. Those are Kobe numbers. It is amazing to me that Shan Foster blew up for 42 points, and we still had multiple opportunities to win that basketball game. If you blame Stans for that loss, you are hopelessly ignorant. We took an undefeated-at-home team to the wire, twice, and barring a Herculean effort by one of their players, we probably would have won.

I think this type of game will help us when it comes time for the NCAAs. It makes you mentally tough. I look for us to make a deep run in the SEC tourney. Outside of UNC or one or two more teams of that caliber, I don't think there is a team in the country that will intimidate us in March. There is definitely not a team that we can't play with.

Woof Man Jack

Apr 20, 2006
42 for the game is amazing, but Foster nailed 33 in the second half? Un-freaking-believable. 9-9 in 3 pointers? Are you kidding?

Here is a Stans postgame quote:
"There is absolutely nothing I would have done differently. There is nothing we could have done. He (Foster) made 30-footers with someone in his face."
Even after that hellacious effort...we were in a great position to win the game. Helluva game.

MSUCE99

Nov 15, 2005
...but Shan Foster is shooting 47.5% from the 3-pt line this year, according to ESPN.com.

I get the likelihood of him nailing nine straight 3-pointers as... wait for it... 0.00123 or 00.12%

A little more than one in a thousand chances? And it comes against MSU? Of course.

PineGroveBully

Nov 13, 2007
Its been a couple years since Stats and Stats2 but I will take your word for it. All you can do is tip your hat. Jack got to the point on the radio where when Foster would shoot he wouldnt even say that he made it. He would just let the crowd do the talking. I would have liked to have been there but except for that last shot that was the most entertaining 2 1/2 hours that I had ever spent with Jack.</p>

thunderclap

Feb 25, 2008
I mean, damn. Yes, we should have won the game in regulation with free throws. But, damn.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login