OT reports saying Iran

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
It seems pretty ridiculous to suggest the Ukraine invasion hasn't been a disaster for Russia, considering how it was supposed to be over in a few weeks and is instead bogged down for years, AND it scared Finland and Sweden into joining NATO
NO, NO......that was all part of Putin's plan. ********

Reactions: mstateglfr

TaleofTwoDogs

Jun 1, 2004

Reactions: HailStout

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
Russia really is a wild card. Do they kick in now while the west is weak? Or do they wait until after the election because doing so may help the wests remain weak?
How is "the west weak"? Ukranie is giving Russia all it can handle with Our old weapon stock and us tieing their hands by not letting them use our old weapons to attack Russian territory.

Poland would take Moscow if Russia blinked wrong. They have the 3rd largest NATO army. and a lot of our current Generation Tech.

Reactions: Chesusdog

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
I'll say this: There WAS a time I thought Putin knew what he was doing and was playing chess. The Ukraine fiasco proved I was laughably wrong.
Putin thought he could take Ukraine like his did Crimea. FAst enough that Logistics would not be an issue.

Ukraine let the tanks go by, then attacked the support vehicles and then the tanks wen they ran out of fuel.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
How is "the west weak"? Ukranie is giving Russia all it can handle with Our old weapon stock and us tieing their hands by not letting them use our old weapons to attack Russian territory.

Poland would take Moscow if Russia blinked wrong. They have the 3rd largest NATO army. and a lot of our current Generation Tech.
Russia wouldn't be in Ukraine and Israel wouldn't be fighting a war on three fronts if the west wasn't weak.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
This is all you morons have. Don't get this locked. Bring logic or STFU.
You claim Putin could win the Ukraine war whenever he wants, which means he actually wants to reach the soon to be year 3 of war, yet others are the ones that need to bring logic?

I agree that Putin is crazy. I agree that Putin is clearly willing to sacrifice citizens to continue his invasion.
But if he could have won already, he would have. That should be obvious. Instead, you claim he wants to keep struggling because it tests others.

<Insert OK sure gif>

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Russia wouldn't be in Ukraine and Israel wouldn't be fighting a war on three fronts if the west wasn't weak.
How exactly would a strong west keep Russia from invading Ukraine and keep Israel from fighting a 3 front war?

And by 'west', do you mean only the US?...or do you also mean Canada, England, France, Germany, etc?

Reactions: ChE1997

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Putin may have thought we were weak, but he's found out otherwise over the last 3 years...
What Putin has found out is the West, US and Allies, are war weary. We now give financial support and eventually we sent planes and weapons with limitations on how and where they could be used by the Ukraines. That is not "strong", it's a sign that we "have to help" but we really don't want to get involved. Strong is defined as sending in aircraft, troops, etc as soon as Russia lined up on the border. We didn't, they moved because they knew that we would drag our feet and slowly aid Ukraine. The European Nations were even slower to get "involved". Russia evaluated our response to the passenger jet they shot down and determined we didn't want to get involved in a war in Europe, so they are slow playing and waiting US and our allies out. Just how I see it.

17itdawg

Sep 30, 2022
I'm not the one trolling. I haven't told you that you sound like Rachel Maddow once.
Is Rachel Maddow still on tv? Is she even relevant anymore? I haven't heard that name in years. lol. Sorry I try to avoid cable news like the plague.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
What Putin has found out is the West, US and Allies, are war weary. We now give financial support and eventually we sent planes and weapons with limitations on how and where they could be used by the Ukraines. That is not "strong", it's a sign that we "have to help" but we really don't want to get involved. Strong is defined as sending in aircraft, troops, etc as soon as Russia lined up on the border. We didn't, they moved because they knew that we would drag our feet and slowly aid Ukraine. The European Nations were even slower to get "involved". Russia evaluated our response to the passenger jet they shot down and determined we didn't want to get involved in a war in Europe, so they are slow playing and waiting US and our allies out. Just how I see it.
You think we should have sent troops to Ukraine? That's bold.

I like the idea of funding them without actually having to put any American lives at risk. Seems much lower-risk than fighting a war with Russia, or just telling Ukraine to surrender.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
You think we should have sent troops to Ukraine? That's bold.

I like the idea of funding them without actually having to put any American lives at risk. Seems much lower-risk than fighting a war with Russia, or just telling Ukraine to surrender.
Where did I say that "I" think we should have sent troops? Past Presidents certainly would have, being that we didn't along with the other things I mentioned is why they perceived the US to be "weak" . But I do think a stronger and immediate show of force could have prevented the invasion. Whether that was sending them tanks, fighter Aircraft and all the side dishes that go with those things along with getting the European Allies involved on a much higher level would have stopped Putin.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
Where did I say that "I" think we should have sent troops? Past Presidents certainly would have, being that we didn't along with the other things I mentioned is why they perceived the US to be "weak" . But I do think a stronger and immediate show of force could have prevented the invasion. Whether that was sending them tanks, fighter Aircraft and all the side dishes that go with those things along with getting the European Allies involved on a much higher level would have stopped Putin.
I don't think any president from the nuclear age (Truman through Biden) would have sent American troops to Ukraine and risk a nuclear war. Send money and support, sure, but there is no history of direct military engagement with Russia or the USSR, despite them doing plenty of things like this over the years (Turkey/Greece with Truman, Eastern Europe in the 1950s/60s, Afghanistan with Carter and then Reagan, Georgia with Bush, Crimea with Obama, Syria with Trump, etc.)

blacklistedbully

Apr 9, 2010
You claim Putin could win the Ukraine war whenever he wants, which means he actually wants to reach the soon to be year 3 of war, yet others are the ones that need to bring logic?

I agree that Putin is crazy. I agree that Putin is clearly willing to sacrifice citizens to continue his invasion.
But if he could have won already, he would have. That should be obvious. Instead, you claim he wants to keep struggling because it tests others.

<Insert OK sure gif>
Cost-benefit analysis ongoing for him. He most likely could take Ukraine sooner, but realizes the costs would likely be immediately higher, and the risk of increased worldwide retaliation inevitable.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
I don't think any president from the nuclear age (Truman through Biden) would have sent American troops to Ukraine and risk a nuclear war. Send money and support, sure, but there is no history of direct military engagement with Russia or the USSR, despite them doing plenty of things like this over the years (Turkey/Greece with Truman, Eastern Europe in the 1950s/60s, Afghanistan with Carter and then Reagan, Georgia with Bush, Crimea with Obama, Syria with Trump, etc.)
Any troops, whether they are from the EU or NATO in defense of Europe, amassed in Poland along the border would have been a deterrent. We, whether that's the US and/or European Allies, blinked. Putin did not. We played the wait and see approach and strongly worded emails. Putin nor the US wants to meet head on, I agree. By immediately send aircraft, missiles, ammo, tanks, etc you send the message we will defend Europe. But when drag your heels and let things slide it becomes a bigger mess.

dickiedawg

Feb 22, 2008
What about the avengers?
Well I had to look this up, but apparently the upcoming Captain America movie will have a character named Sabra (even though they’re apparently not using that name). In the comics she’s Israeli, but possibly for the film her backstory is that she’s Russian? Either way the actress is Israeli.
May not count as an Avenger, but at least Avenger adjacent.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Just a quick question for alll those discussing this. This discussion is not political, this discussion is not national, this discussion is not religious. This discussion involves actual military knowledge, actual intelligence knowledge, and actual geopolitical diplomacy. Do any of you have any actual insight/experience with those expertise? Admittedly, I have no military experience, but I do know what the going price is for accidentally killed livestock is, so I’m just curious how much “experts” know more than me, who has daily conversations with active duty military.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Just a quick question for alll those discussing this. This discussion is not political, this discussion is not national, this discussion is not religious. This discussion involves actual military knowledge, actual intelligence knowledge, and actual geopolitical diplomacy. Do any of you have any actual insight/experience with those expertise? Admittedly, I have no military experience, but I do know what the going price is for accidentally killed livestock is, so I’m just curious how much “experts” know more than me, who has daily conversations with active duty military.
It’s Sixpack. We all stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.**

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010
not really.
Russia has turned into a full time war economy. They have to keep the war going but... They have **** for a miliatary. They are still building tanks and crap that are taken out with ease by drones. Russia is no threat other than nukes.
The west is divided, no doubt. Trump saw to that with his fake claims of rigged elections. His own Secretary of State told him it was the most secure election in US History and testified as such this week in court but…

Make no mistake, the US military if ever unleashed has no equal. Russia, Iran, China… nobody wants none of this and once combined with NATO countries ….. pluuueeezz

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Well I had to look this up, but apparently the upcoming Captain America movie will have a character named Sabra (even though they’re apparently not using that name). In the comics she’s Israeli, but possibly for the film her backstory is that she’s Russian? Either way the actress is Israeli.
May not count as an Avenger, but at least Avenger adjacent.

god I hope that movie is good

WilCoDawg

Sep 6, 2012
Russia has turned into a full time war economy. They have to keep the war going but... They have **** for a miliatary. They are still building tanks and crap that are taken out with ease by drones. Russia is no threat other than nukes.

The west is divided, no doubt. Trump saw to that with his fake claims of rigged elections. His own Secretary of State told him it was the most secure election in US History and testified as such this week in court but…

Make no mistake, the US military if ever unleashed has no equal. Russia, Iran, China… nobody wants none of this and once combined with NATO countries ….. pluuueeezz
Dude, you really suffer from TDS if you want to blame division on a man that wasn’t even in office when the chasm was formed. You even fail to mention the entire orchestrated debacle of “Russian collusion“. To stay on topic though, I bet Putin is really loving all of that US uranium.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login