49ers - Rams

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
6:26 left, tied at 17.

49ers starting to choke. Dropped a interception that was the euialivent to catching a punt, and the Rams tied the game up later in the drive.

49ers next possession was a complete disaster. Deebo wasn’t even on the field the last 2 49ers 3rd downs. How does that happen? Still hope they can pull it out, but they look rough in this 4th quarter.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Cooper Kupp is the most disrespected player in the NFL. Deebo is great…Cooper Kupp is better. I think people are starting to realize this guy isn’t just a high volume slot receiver. He’s one of the top WRs in the game.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Well, here go. Three points down, one timeout to work with. 1:16 left for the 49'ers. KO pending.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Hope Jimmy G can lead a game-winning drive here. The Divisional Rounds and Championship Weekend games were remarkable. Heartbreaking for manny, but entertaining for sure.

92Pony

Joined Jan 18, 2011
Jan 20, 2022
Well crap. Neither of my teams will be in the SB, and no Gamecocks. :(

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Well, that's the ballgame. Terrible possession to close the game by the 49ers.

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Well, that's the ballgame. Terrible possession to close the game by the 49ers.
The last two possessions for the 49ers were pathetic. They didn’t look ready at all. Hate to see a team blow it, but the 49ers did. Rams D-Line is no joke though. Can’t imagine Jimmy G playing for the 49ers after his performance in these playoffs. I know he was hurt, but they really overcame some bad QB play to win a couple of games.

Deebo devastated on the sideline. Hate to see that.

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
The INT drop, then helmet hit back to back were 2 of the worst plays I've seen. '49ers shot themselves in the foot with those 2 plays.

Reactions: Fried Chicken

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
The last two possessions for the 49ers were pathetic. They didn’t look ready at all. Hate to see a team blow it, but the 49ers did. Rams D-Line is no joke though. Can’t imagine Jimmy G playing for the 49ers after his performance in these playoffs. I know he was hurt, but they really overcame some bad QB play to win a couple of games.

Deebo devastated on the sideline. Hate to see that.
Beckham Jr. went over to console Deebo. Hugged him. Very classy.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Kyle Shanahan seems to forget that getting first downs is more important than "outsmarting" (what the announcers suggested he was trying to do) the defense with runs up the middle at the worst times. Deebo never saw the field during the next to last 3 and out.

Go Gamecocks

Jan 24, 2022
Kyle Shanahan seems to forget that getting first downs is more important than "outsmarting" (what the announcers suggested he was trying to do) the defense with runs up the middle at the worst times. Deebo never saw the field during the next to last 3 and out.
Yea....those dump-offs to the RBs were bread & butter. :oops:

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Agreed. He definitely got caught up in the “perfect call”, which draws attention to the coach, instead of getting a yard for a 1st down.

I can’t imagine 2 worse possessions than what the 49ers had at the end to try and win the game.

BattleshipTexas

Jan 23, 2022
So they said Garoppollo would likely be playing for a different team next year. I get he is a Free Agent after the season, why do they not expect SF to try to resign him?

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
So they said Garoppollo would likely be playing for a different team next year. I get he is a Free Agent after the season, why do they not expect SF to try to resign him?
One could say most of the 49ers' wins happened in spite of him, not because of him. The Rams game was looking to be possibly his best performance all season until Shanahan's crappy 3rd down play calling in the last 8 minutes of the game put him in the worst position to succeed. Looking at his entire body of work however, they were fortunate to get this far.

Reactions: King Ward

BattleshipTexas

Jan 23, 2022
One could say most of the 49ers' wins happened in spite of him, not because of him. The Rams game was looking to be possibly his best performance all season until Shanahan's crappy 3rd down play calling in the last 8 minutes of the game put him in the worst position to succeed. Looking at his entire body of work however, they were fortunate to get this far.
while I am not a fan, who are they expecting to replace him with? Given the shortage of acceptable qbs? The Rams had to give up over two No.1 to get a good qb late n his career?

Dizzy01

Joined Dec 29, 2018
Jan 23, 2022
Deebo, Jeff Garcia and others spent last week trying to convince people (possibly also themselves) that Garoppolo was somehow an effective QB. Their defense has carried them despite his continued poor play and in the end despite all the attempts to pretend like he was a capable QB putting anything on his shoulders cost them the game.

Neanderthal

Jan 25, 2022
Cooper Kupp is the most disrespected player in the NFL. Deebo is great…Cooper Kupp is better. I think people are starting to realize this guy isn’t just a high volume slot receiver. He’s one of the top WRs in the game.
The ESPN site has a very good article on Cooper Kupp. Shows the scientific side of the game that he has invested in. A good read.

Neanderthal

Jan 25, 2022
Give Grappolo some credit. The QB of a team that makes the conference finals deserves a little. If the DB makes the interception, Grappolo would be in the Super Bowl.

King Ward

Jan 20, 2022
Give Grappolo some credit. The QB of a team that makes the conference finals deserves a little. If the DB makes the interception, Grappolo would be in the Super Bowl.
If Brady had been the quarterback, the DB would have made the interception. That's how those things work. ;)

Reactions: Gamecock Jaques

Dizzy01

Joined Dec 29, 2018
Jan 23, 2022
Disrespected by who? Teams have made him a focus but his route running ability makes him hard to cover even if you cheat two over. Multiple times this year the networks have done long segments on him and constantly followed along with his chase for the triple crown.

In terms of comparing his impact to Deebo it’s different but not outrageous. In terms of total yards Kupp had about 200 yards more than Deebo and 2 additional TDs. Kupp had the benefit of playing with a significantly better QB while Deebo became a dual threat guy setting the NFL record for rushing TDs by a WR.

In a more traditional sense Kupp is one of the best WR going today. In terms of a guy with versatility and the potential impact of scoring with any kind of touch Deebo would be that guy. I doubt there are many NFL teams that wouldn’t happily put either guy on their roster.

Last edited:

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
And how would Garoppolo be deserving of any credit for an INT by the defense? His happy feet in the pocket (again) caused him to throw an awful interception to end the game -- I'll give him credit for that one. :(

Last edited:

Fried Chicken

Jan 30, 2022
Disrespected by who? Teams have made him a focus but his route running ability makes him hard to cover even if you cheat two over. Multiple times this year the networks have done long segments on him and constantly followed along with his chase for the triple crown.

In terms of comparing his impact to Deebo it’s different but not outrageous. In terms of total yards Kupp had about 200 yards more than Deebo and 2 additional TDs. Kupp had the benefit of playing with a significantly better QB while Deebo became a duel threat guy setting the NFL record for rushing TDs by a WR.

In a more traditional sense Kupp is one of the best WR going today. In terms of a guy with versatility and the potential impact of scoring with any kind of touch Deebo would be that guy. I doubt there are many NFL teams that wouldn’t happily put either guy on their roster.
There are plenty of people that felt Cupp was a high volume slot receiver before the playoffs. Basically he’s a product of what the Rams do and many WRs could do what he’s doing. Nobody said he was bad, but he’s clearly one of the best WRs in the game.

Latest posts