4th quarter Led Zeppelin song?

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
You ever notice the song on the radio was Kashmir when they cut to Rat and Stacy in the car? That's Physical Grafitti. Always wondered if they did that on purpose or just a screw up only Zepplin fans would notice.
back in the 80's Led Zeppelin was notoriously stingy with their music. when Cameron Crowe asked them for a song they said yes but it could not be anything off of Led Zeppelin 4. they changed it to Kashmir and liked the final results because it showed how clueless Rat really was.

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
For me, there’s only one answer: Immigrant Song.

Just the opening riffs, and the vocals at the very beginning. Also, the possibility of 55,000 people belting out a Viking war cry sounds amazing. One might even consider it Leach-related, as the Vikings were basically predecessors to pirates.

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
On the Marty & McGee show, Arnett said he liked the Allman Brothers, specifically Statesboro Blues.

Old Fart Dawg

Sep 2, 2012
4th Quarter?

It sounds excellent to play either Kashmir, When the Levee Breaks, or The Immigrant Song AFTER some sing-along song but nothing by Zepplin is a sing-along song.

As much as I like Journey it's probably about time to change it up.
I’d love to hear the PA system crank up Kashmir at the start of the 4th Q. The guitar riff would be epic

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
On a related matter, if our athletic dept doesn't play some dumb arse Taylor Swift song when THE Univ of Northern MS runs onto the field Thanksgiving Day, they seriously need to grow a sack

Sounds like something our Band should do like they did playing Baby Shark

My suggestion

ChinaDogSunflower

Aug 26, 2012
4th Quarter?

It sounds excellent to play either Kashmir, When the Levee Breaks, or The Immigrant Song AFTER some sing-along song but nothing by Zepplin is a sing-along song.

As much as I like Journey it's probably about time to change it up.
When the Levee Breaks would be a good one. Maybe follow it up with Wherever I May Roam

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
On the Marty & McGee show, Arnett said he liked the Allman Brothers, specifically Statesboro Blues.

Whipping Post would be epic in a stadium.

Of course, the younger generation would immediately assume it was a racist anthem.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login