5 outs left, you let highfill and forsythe hit?

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
These are the decisions that are simply undefensable.

these two guys are 8-9. Both over matched. Both can’t even hit 200 in conference play. Both allowed to hit.

again lemonis has already made his bed with these two and is obviously going to let them play regardless. But very obvious pinch hit spots there that were by passed

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Again the fact Forsythe has been our starting SS for 3 years says a lot about where we are. Selection Monday won’t mean anything to us until 2026 even if we take the right steps after this year.

patdog

May 28, 2007
At this point, does it even matter anymore? How is it possible for a program to fall this far this fast?

Reactions: Anon1664516582

kired

Aug 22, 2008
We wanted to be sure Larry could lead off in the 9th with another popup

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Again the fact Forsythe has been our starting SS for 3 years says a lot about where we are. Selection Monday won’t mean anything to us until 2026 even if we take the right steps after this year.

I think this is the more correct take than saying you can’t let them hit. You have to let them hit if there’s no one else who can play SS at all or throw out baserunners if the game goes to the next inning. You can’t just essentially send 7 players out there defensively in the top of the next inning.

The reason we have no other competent SS or no other C is the bigger problem. And to be clear I do think Forsythe is serviceable and should be the starter and the guy for at least 7-8 innings every game, but we’ve gotta have someone else who can play the position at least at a mediocre level who can be a late game PH, but we don’t. Same for Highfill.

Reactions: patdog

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
I think this is the more correct take than saying you can’t let them hit. You have to let them hit if there’s no one else who can play SS at all or throw out baserunners if the game goes to the next inning. You can’t just essentially send 7 players out there defensively in the top of the next inning.

The reason we have no other competent SS or no other C is the bigger problem. And to be clear I do think Forsythe is serviceable and should be the starter and the guy for at least 7-8 innings every game, but we’ve gotta have someone else who can play the position at least at a mediocre level who can be a late game PH, but we don’t. Same for Highfill.
Plus we are well past the point of nitpicking in game decisions. We didn’t get here bc of in game decisions.

Reactions: patdog

HuntDawg

Oct 25, 2018
I actually think we do. You’re talking about guys who can play short for an inning or catch for an inning or two.

when you’ve got 5 outs left, it doenst matter how much of a hit you take defensively. You don’t let two sun 200 hitters hit.

the results of that were down right comical. Highfill took an at bat a 7th grader could’ve taken and struck out on 3 pitches. Forsythe hit a 180 foot fly ball to center on pitch 2.

there really is no defense for this

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login