Fast charging EV station in Starkville

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
We have free charging stations on campus. Most are blocked by the same ******** every day all day. I seent it, so don't even.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
It's funny seeing dudes from the South triggered by a battery powered car like it's insulting their deadbeat great grandfathers in their graves. While not using a gas powered cell phone and TV remote. Need to put a sign in the front yard saying "no devil's batteries allowed here"

Reactions: Hot Rock

3000lbchicken

May 1, 2006
It's funny seeing dudes from the South triggered by a battery powered car like it's insulting their deadbeat great grandfathers in their graves. While not using a gas powered cell phone and TV remote. Need to put a sign in the front yard saying "no devil's batteries allowed here"
No, not it at all. It is, however, triggering to see greedy phucks get free power, hording it blocking the other ev's, and the same time virtue signaling like you are at this very moment.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Sassy Tyra Banks GIF

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
No, not it at all. It is, however, triggering to see greedy phucks get free power, hording it blocking the other ev's, and the same time virtue signaling like you are at this very moment.
Not virtue signaling dude. I know all phones and car batteries are not all that. It's nice never going to a gas station and not paying for fuel. If it ran on rain water I wouldn't care. Same thing.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Power Charging GIF by Pudgy Penguins

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
That's the
I've been watching that one and this is the 1st time I've seen it being used since it opened. Not sure if the one behind Starkville Cafe is still there but only saw it used once, ever. Kroger had 1 for awhile and got rid of it. There's 2 behind Rice Hall and I saw a Porsche SUV in the summer using it some and Ive see a Tesla there lately but otherwise it's used mostly by big F150's that obviously aren't E vehicles or the Tesla for as long as they want to leave it there

85Bears

Jan 12, 2020
Nation wide handful of charging stations built out while Dementia Joe and Pete Buttggigg mandate EVs. Sounds smart

dudehead

Jul 9, 2006
Let's compare battery replacement
The Uber driver that shuttled us recently in Durham had an old Toyota Prius hybrid with 650K+ plus miles. He said he’s spent about $600 on some sort of battery components replacement. I’m too lazy to run any numbers, but I think it’s safe to say that he’s enjoyed some damn efficient automobile transportation.

Reactions: msu4ever
Jul 10, 2009
I used this a couple of weeks ago, and it's long overdue for Starkville. While it is not a Tesla Supercharger, it keeps me from having to "plan" for car charging during my up/back trips from the Coast.

ETA: No reason to politicize this, or criticize another consumer's choice of transportation. There are pros/cons for every choice of vehicle. The Golden Triangle area is greatly underserved for those who drive EVs. This charger is at doing some part to fill a consumer need.

FWIW: I'm a lifelong conservative, which might seem atypical. The two EVs we own fit best for us. If a 2001 Ford Excursion with the 7.3 Powerstroke fit us best, we'd own one of those. If those so militant about transportation choices (as with so many other issues) would quit carrying political footballs for Washington, and just talk to their neighbors who do something different, a lot more would be understood.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhredPhantom

AttalaDawg72

Jul 8, 2024
Why are you gay?

ckDOG

Dec 11, 2007
I used this a couple of weeks ago, and it's long overdue for Starkville. While it is not a Tesla Supercharger, it keeps me from having to "plan" for car charging during my up/back trips from the Coast.

ETA: No reason to politicize this, or criticize another consumer's choice of transportation. There are pros/cons for every choice of vehicle. The Golden Triangle area is greatly underserved for those who drive EVs. This charger is at doing some part to fill a consumer need.

FWIW: I'm a lifelong conservative, which might seem atypical. The two EVs we own fit best for us. If a 2001 Ford Excursion with the 7.3 Powerstroke fit us best, we'd own one of those. If those so militant about transportation choices (as with so many other issues) would quit carrying political footballs for Washington, and just talk to their neighbors who do something different, a lot more would be understood.
No need to defend yourself. You made an adult decision best for you. The people that make fun of EVs probably drive heavy duty trucks for their daily commuter for image purposes only (rural 5 series), don't actually use them for towing/hauling, and ***** about fuel prices when they could easily have avoided a 12 mpg vehicle.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login