5 vs 8 Game Thread

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
Killed on the glass and the game was also lost when we ran McNair, Reed and Jones out there through 2 time outs.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
I remember one back when I was a student. It was either at the end of the game or in OT. Melvin Turpin got the ball at half court and dribbled once and made a layup to either win or send it to OT. We lost the game. I to this day have never seen one that bad.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
We got beat 38-22 on the glass. Kentucky had 18 offensive rebounds to our seven.
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

But the season is not over yet. Calipari evidently sold his soul to always beat Mississippi State, even though I kind of doubt it.

Reactions: vandaldawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I remember one back when I was a student. It was either at the end of the game or in OT. Melvin Turpin got the ball at half court and dribbled once and made a layup to either win or send it to OT. We lost the game. I to this day have never seen one that bad.

I believe that was Charles Hurt.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

But the season is not over yet. Calipari evidently sold his soul to always beat Mississippi State, even though I kind of doubt it.
He would have been fired tonight if he lost 3 in a row, especially with loss #3 being State.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That was in the early 80s. It could have been. It was the worst no call I have ever seen.

We were throwing the ball in and he basically ran over our guy receiving the pass, grabbed the ball and drove for a lay in that I think sent it to OT.

ETA...

Here's the box from the game I'm remembering. Notice UK was 19-19 from the stripe. They always find ways to whip our azz in Bball...

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
We were throwing the ball in and he basically ran over our guy receiving the pass, grabbed the ball and drove for a lay in that I think sent it to OT.

ETA...

Here's the box from the game I'm remembering. Notice UK was 19-19 from the stripe. They always find ways to whip our azz in Bball...

ETA...

I’m pretty sure that’s the game they whistled Malone for 4 1st half fouls.

Last edited:
Reactions: onewoof

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Holding the guy you’re guarding to, 1-13 from the field & 0-8 from 3, has to count for something.
It counts for don't shoot so damn much. Don't be an offensive liability that other teammates have to make up and recover from.

But yes thank you for killer D. 💯

This is where you need a teammate other than just the coach to say "what the actual 17 stop shooting turd balls".

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
As I told my son, you can’t go 6-7 minutes without a field goal and expect to win against decent teams. Sooner or later that will cost you.

BonzoGoesToCollege

Aug 24, 2012
He does everything at a high level other than putting the ball in the basket. We will miss him next year.
In addition to lockdown D, 5 boards, 4 assists, and ZERO turnovers. Anyone that can’t appreciate his value just doesn’t understand college basketball. Jans has turned him into a serviceable contributor. Lazy azz Howland didn’t coach him up to his strengths. Howland stole 7 mill from this university.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login