$50M and a half-full arena

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
If we want to be big time, have to fill up anyway

and in Nov/Dec
We have never filled it up in Nov/Dec, not even in 1995/96. With the hype going into that season if we didn't fill it up that year we never will. Most of those games weren't on TV either.

Reactions: ll Martain ll

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
I don't see the need to spend so much on buildings for basketball and baseball, sports that don't make much money and don't appear to matter if you want good teams. Did anyone consult Dave Ramsey on this?

Reactions: DawgatAuburn

patdog

May 28, 2007
I don't see the need to spend so much on buildings for basketball and baseball, sports that don't make much money and don't appear to matter if you want good teams. Did anyone consult Dave Ramsey on this?
Construction costs for government projects are out of control. I saw where Mississippi is building a new dorm. Cost is $200,000 per bed.

Reactions: tbaydog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We have never filled it up in Nov/Dec, not even in 1995/96. With the hype going into that season if we didn't fill it up that year we never will. Most of those games weren't on TV either.
We weren’t big time then either. That run lasted 2 years. Yay. You obviously are ok with that.

You can always yell at me for being negative like the rest of the boomers, who are fine with being average and eating casseroles.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
We weren’t big time then either. That run lasted 2 years. Yay. You obviously are ok with that.

You can always yell at me for being negative like the rest of the boomers, who are fine with being average and eating casseroles.
Anyone yelling at you is bc you are stupid.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Basketball is the second most revenue producing sport.

ETK99

Jul 30, 2019
Disappointing but not surprising.
mister rogers middle finger GIF

• Haha
Reactions: Mr. Cook

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012

Mouthbreather take. Casseroles can be awesome.

I used to make this one for my kids before I got married: I’d put down a layer of tater tots, a layer of cheese, then I’d slice hot dogs (like the nice angus beef ones) into little coins and lay them on top of the cheese, then cover that with two cans of chili, then another layer of cheese, then a sprinkle real bacon bits over that and put it in the oven. So take your casserole slander and shove it up your аss.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Mouthbreather take. Casseroles can be awesome.

I used to make this one for my kids before I got married: I’d put down a layer of tater tots, a layer of cheese, then I’d slice hot dogs (like the nice angus beef ones) into little coins and lay them on top of the cheese, then cover that with two cans of chili, then another layer of cheese, then a sprinkle real bacon bits over that and put it in the oven. So take your casserole slander and shove it up your аss.
Sausage and saffron rice casserole is awesome.

1 lb of breakfast sausage
1 large jar of cheese whiz
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pack yellow saffron rice

brown the sausage mix it all together 350 for about 25 minutes.

Polygonal

Sep 29, 2014
Disappointing but not surprising.
8,160 was the announced attendance. I was there. It was slow to get there, but that seems about right.

Why doesn’t the pit - or whatever it’s called - have more students in it? I’m talking about the standing room area opposite the benches, where the banana came from.

Reactions: Dawg84

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
8,160 was the announced attendance. I was there. It was slow to get there, but that seems about right.

Why doesn’t the pit - or whatever it’s called - have more students in it? I’m talking about the standing room area opposite the benches, where the banana came from.

With roughly 12,000 capacity, this would equate to 2/3 full. It could have been — it just didn’t look that way on TV especially in the upper sections.

Polygonal

Sep 29, 2014
With roughly 12,000 capacity, this would equate to 2/3 full. It could have been — it just didn’t look that way on TV especially in the upper sections.
State website and a couple of other sources say the capacity is 9,100. I thought it was closer to 10,000. Either way, it ended up being a good crowd that was enthusiastic the entire game.

Reactions: Dawgg and Mr. Cook

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
State website and a couple of other sources say the capacity is 9,100. I thought it was closer to 10,000. Either way, it ended up being a good crowd that was enthusiastic the entire game.

My error then makes it worse, which is 80%+ depending on which figure one chooses to lose.

Add in the fact that it’s a paid attendance number and the truth lies somewhere in between.

Still the optics aren’t the greatest

Reactions: Maroon Eagle

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Mr. Cook has mentioned many times that he lives out of state.

I’ve noted previously that he’s also in the M-Club so I think his point about the lack of fan support at athletics events - especially against a Top 5 team - is apropos.

It’s ok. While I appreciate the defense, this is the type of topic that creates a lot of @$$ pain for this board and others in the fan base.

MSU is a microcosm of state of Mississippi — it doesn’t want to address the issues that prevent it for success (and forget about being elite).

Instead, people (and organizations) prefer to remember and long for old times, refuse to change and adapt, blame everyone and everything else, attack those that would disagree (including the people who want and/or have the capacity to help), and then - astonishingly - complain that nobody respects “us.”

Not the path to improvement and excellence

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Construction costs for government projects are out of control. I saw where Mississippi is building a new dorm. Cost is $200,000 per bed.
That doesn't surprise me. It's gotten crazy even with all the imported labor in construction. And government can't build anything for a reasonable price. Just compare rail and subway costs in America and Europe.

BulldogBlitz

Dec 11, 2008
Sausage and saffron rice casserole is awesome.

1 lb of breakfast sausage
1 large jar of cheese whiz
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 pack yellow saffron rice

brown the sausage mix it all together 350 for about 25 minutes.

You know....every once in a great while you open a thread here and someone is throwing out recipes in a fight.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login