$51.3M

engie

May 29, 2011
Probably sitting in an account somewhere earning interest. Glad we had it during COVID. Thanks Cohen.
Which saw us get ahead in what regard?

It’s just hard to accept being asked to go all in when the school itself doesn’t appear to be all in at the most foundational level.

I hoped when I went looking for this earlier that something had changed…

Called3rdstrikedawg

May 7, 2016
It would help tremendously if these job creating developments Tater keeps bragging about would be built in the Golden Triangle rather than close to Memphis, thus drawing employees from across the Tennessee line.

Reactions: Dawg84 and patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It would help tremendously if these job creating developments Tater keeps bragging about would be built in the Golden Triangle rather than close to Memphis, thus drawing employees from across the Tennessee line.
Well we have the Amazon stuff in Madison County, but yeah, agree.

Reactions: patdog

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Fans have been asked to support State athletics for decades. Used to be the Bulldog Club, now it’s BC and Bulldog Initiative.

I don’t recall people freaking out when the Bulldog Club would ask for donations, regardless of how big the SEC payout was.
The reason for the backlash now is because in years past, you weren't tagged as a deadeat bastardly chepasss piece of shitt that's causes MSU to be sub-competitive if you don't become a Bulldog Club member

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The reason for the backlash now is because in years past, you weren't tagged as a deadeat bastardly chepasss piece of shitt that's causes MSU to be sub-competitive if you don't become a Bulldog Club member
Oh, that happened too. The press was on for the BDC around 2006. They just didn’t ask you because you’re a poor.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Fortunately, that focus has shifted under Selmon. The "new" mindset appears to be that TV revenue, ticket sales, concessions, etc will fund the BC and athletic department so our boosters can primarily focus on BI and NIL. That's the way it HAS to be.
Since &elmon, there has been more marketing for the BI. However I haven't seen anything to suggest they are cutting boosters and fans a price break on seating or amenities.

As a matter of fact, BC donation requirements went up in some areas. Also concession prices went back up.

Reactions: patdog

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Only if you want non revenue to become basically club sports with no scholarships.

TV money is now taking up the BC shortage, which now goes to NIL.

Man if yall get what you want, things will change. BIG time

We are talking different things. I don’t disagree with what you say. But the reality is they can transfer, and that’s not changing. So you specifically just have to not pay.

You move to an employee system and college athletics is dead.
How?

Non money making athletics might die but football isn’t.

Might change but they are still gonna suit up and play football and compete.

StateCollege

Oct 17, 2022
I would never tell another person how to spend their money.

My issue is with the folks on here essentially bragging that they AREN’T donating to Bulldog Initiative because “back in my day…” and kids are too spoiled BS.

The simple, undisputed fact is that right now if we want good/great players, that starts with buy-in to the Bulldog Initiative.

patdog

May 28, 2007
.The simple, undisputed fact is that right now if we want good/great players, that starts with buy-in to the Bulldog Initiative.
It really is this simple. Either we want to compete or we don’t. Doesn't matter what we think of the current system. I freaking hate it. We can't change that. Either we try to compete or we don't. And so far, we're doing a poor job of trying to compete.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login