703 yards

wtw2400

Nov 11, 2014
They aren't rolling over. And there's been a misconception that our defense and more specifically our rushing defense has been elite. That is inaccurate. We win/lose this game with rushing defense. If we give up as much yards as we have to Arkansas, Texas A&M, LSU, Kentucky, Georgia, Auburn could be rough. But we did do well against Alabama somehow. There's the hope that it can be replicated.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
They aren't rolling over. And there's been a misconception that our defense and more specifically our rushing defense has been elite. That is inaccurate. We win/lose this game with rushing defense. If we give up as much yards as we have to Arkansas, Texas A&M, LSU, Kentucky, Georgia, Auburn could be rough. But we did do well against Alabama somehow. There's the hope that it can be replicated.
You are the first person I’ve ever seen mention our run defense and elite in the same sentence. Nobody thinks that.

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Our rush defense has been good. In 7 sec games only two RBs have gone over 100 v State.

However SEC QBs have rushed for over 100 on a more than a few occasions. We will have to figure a way to load up the box and contain Dart.

also our best defense will be to have long time consuming drives that end in scores on offense. We have to eat up some clock and score on offense to help the defense.

Reactions: BulldogBlitz

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
"If we give up as much yards as we have to Arkansas, Texas A&M, LSU, Kentucky, Georgia, Auburn could be rough. But we did do well against Alabama somehow."
There seems to be something consistent about our defense this year against SEC teams, and one outlier. Arnett is also consistently more intense than Leach. How important is it for a coach to be intense?

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Offense is more important than defense in this game. You're kidding yourself if you think we don't have to control the ball to keep their O off the field and outscore them.

We need 40 points, minimum.

PBRME

Feb 12, 2004
Arkansas got a lot of favorable calls early that we won’t get in Oxford. That helped take OM out of the game.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
We need concentrate on being balanced and being aggressive on offense right at then. I fully expect UM to score. They had a lot of offense just didn't score much due to penalties and gafs.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Creating turnovers is so huge. Dart makes mistakes and they need to create turnovers from that.

The Usual Suspect

Sep 1, 2011
What we are missing at State that we have not had for a while is the ability to go into a tough environment and impose our will in the face of adversity. We tend to fold under pressure lately, instead of responding to it.
ETA- and I do think this corresponds with our inability or unwillingness to run at least enough to affect the crowd and kill some clock.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
What we are missing at State that we have not had for a while is the ability to go into a tough environment and impose our will in the face of adversity. We tend to fold under pressure lately, instead of responding to it.
ETA- and I do think this corresponds with our inability or unwillingness to run at least enough to affect the crowd and kill some clock.

I guess you missed the Texas A&M win last year. You know, a week before they beat Bama in the same stadium.

Or the Auburn game. You know the one where our Bulldogs were down 28-3 in front of 90,000 dog hatin' 17's. The one where Will (44-55 for 415 and 6 TDs, in case you forgot) lead us on a 40-0 run to send them home drunk and sad.

Some of y'all say some stupid ****.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
When games are in doubt, tsun's D has shown it doen't have the ability of the D's that have kicked our A$$ES. We've had some great defensive moments like keeping A&M and Pig outta the endzone so well, 1st half of UGA & 2nd half of Bamer. Dart's running is a concern however and he's gonna get his I'm sure but I think many forget how often tsun's O's been shutdown this year thru crucial parts of games.

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
Offense is more important than defense in this game. You're kidding yourself if you think we don't have to control the ball to keep their O off the field and outscore them.

We need 40 points, minimum.
We need 49 pts and we need to have the ball for 3/4 of the entire game. Minimum.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Arkansas got a lot of favorable calls early that we won’t get in Oxford. That helped take OM out of the game.
I think 35 first half AR points took them out more than a few questionable calls

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
We need 49 pts and we need to have the ball for 3/4 of the entire game. Minimum.

No we don't.

Ole Miss has scored more than 49 twice all year, Central Arkansas & Vandy. I think we can play a little better D than those two. If not, we're 17'd.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login