9/26-9/28/24 CFB games (other than PSU)

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Good VaTech wears dark pants so we can’t see as they pee their pants in this game and lose it
Really hope I’m wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: Psu00

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
Had bets on both games and ended up cashing both out. I bet on the VoTech money line during the game then didn't like the way things were going. RU I had all week, but didn't like the way things were going.

Only good coach on display tonight was Schiano.

CDLionFL

Oct 25, 2021
Big Ten refs almost gave UW a 'welcome to the conference' gift with that clock decision with 15 seconds left. Guy catches the ball with his knees down inbounds and they give him OOB status, thus not winding the clock again after the chains are set. Not only that but he was also going backwards when he made the catch which should have wound the clock as well.

LionsAndBears

Oct 13, 2021
I watched the VaTech v Miami ending and I think the call should have stood. I'd even say he caught it. The VT WR has both hands on the ball while the Miami DB only has 1 hand on it and he rips the ball out long after they were on the ground, certainly long enough to consider it a catch.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION

Erial_Lion

Nov 1, 2021
Most replays seem pretty easy to determine. This one, at least with what has been shown on TV, looks like a really tough call.
I thought that was as difficult of a replay decision as I’ve ever seen. I’m almost positive that they got it right in the end, but it was extremely tough to overturn since there was no perfect angle. I really had no idea which way the refs would go when they made the call.

BiochemPSU

Oct 30, 2021
I thought that was as difficult of a replay decision as I’ve ever seen. I’m almost positive that they got it right in the end, but it was extremely tough to overturn since there was no perfect angle. I really had no idea which way the refs would go when they made the call.
We just got back from the game. What you may not have been able to tell on TV is that the crowd was about ready to riot if the ref confirmed the call. And I do mean that. They had to tell people to stop throwing crap on the field when he first confirmed the TD and the Miami players were absolutely going to throw down with the Tech players who were ready to make a scene on their home field. That entire stadium had been drinking since at least noon as well, so it was ready to go at the drop of a hat if it ended like that. I think an act of self preservation and avoiding criminal charges against half the stadium may have influenced his decision to reverse the call, though even on the Jumbotron in the stadium you couldn’t tell what happened.

MtNittany

Oct 12, 2021
We just got back from the game. What you may not have been able to tell on TV is that the crowd was about ready to riot if the ref confirmed the call. And I do mean that. They had to tell people to stop throwing crap on the field when he first confirmed the TD and the Miami players were absolutely going to throw down with the Tech players who were ready to make a scene on their home field. That entire stadium had been drinking since at least noon as well, so it was ready to go at the drop of a hat if it ended like that. I think an act of self preservation and avoiding criminal charges against half the stadium may have influenced his decision to reverse the call, though even on the Jumbotron in the stadium you couldn’t tell what happened.
Ahhh...memories of Lake Park Duffy's Draft House bus trips to Dolphins games at Joe Robbie and free Huzienga tickets from friends up in Stuart for Marlins games. We called it "Beer an Inning Park" for a reason. The bus trips would kick a 1/2 keg on the way down and another on the way back. The toilet always overflowed.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login