A couple of quick changes we can make......

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
1) Nicholson for Furge;
2) Take the TE out of the lineup, go with 4 WR set;
3) 4 man defensive front.

Got to go with talent. Furge has put it all into this team but he ain't the guy. A 4 WR set gets Zavion on the field over Goede.

And I'm not sure on the 4 man front, maybe that helps with pass rush? I'm not sure who the best player is between Page and whoever else we got at DL.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I know we’ve beaten the offense horse to death, but here are some numbers behind what we all watched Sat night, excluding sacks

1st half rushing
21 attempts, 135 yds, 6.4 yds/att

2nd half rushing
13 attempts, 37 yds, 2.8 yds/att

Now, I’ll let Wyatt break down the adjustments that Zona made to shut things down, but from a coaching standpoint, it is always very alarming to me when one staff makes the right kinda adjustments at halftime while ours makes none, yet continues to pound that square peg when it’s no longer working. Just one game, but it really can’t be overstated as to how pitiful our 2nd half playcalling was for the entire 30 minutes

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
I know we’ve beaten the offense horse to death, but here are some numbers behind what we all watched Sat night, excluding sacks

1st half rushing
21 attempts, 135 yds, 6.4 yds/att

2nd half rushing
13 attempts, 37 yds, 2.8 yds/att

Now, I’ll let Wyatt break down the adjustments that Zona made to shut things down, but from a coaching standpoint, it is always very alarming to me when one staff makes the right kinda adjustments at halftime while ours makes none, yet continues to pound that square peg when it’s no longer working. Just one game, but it really can’t be overstated as to how pitiful our 2nd half playcalling was for the entire 30 minutes
The comparison I made to friends was Mullen 2010 Florida. Sure if you are a significant dog on the road I can understand shortening the game with a lead, but not against a team that you should handle at home. From all indications, Arnett was the one that wanted to go conservative, which is crazy coming from a guy that ran zero coverage at OM all night last year. Maybe being aggressive on D is more in his comfort zone?

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I think arnett wanted to shorten the game after the score right before half. He was afraid of quick scores from Arizona from big plays

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I don't think taking the tight end out will happen. Will keep that for blocking and looks.

We should change formations a lot more to mix it up.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I think arnett wanted to shorten the game after the score right before half. He was afraid of quick scores from Arizona from big plays
Which was exactly the opposite of the right response. The right response would be to realize that as dangerous as their offense can be, we'd better score a lot more than 14 points.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Charlie said 1.9 yards per carry in the second half on Sunday coffee. Not getting first downs is exactly how you shorten drives and give the ball back. You stupid do you have to be to not utilize Creed and Zavion ? At any minute Will can fake a handful and make a 7 yard pass to Creed and watch him take it to the house. You got plenty of guys that can get yards

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don't think taking the tight end out will happen. Will keep that for blocking and looks.

We should change formations a lot more to mix it up.
Not gonna work against upper-half SEC defenses, which is what we've been bltching about for 20 years outside of 2014 (or unless Bama has 6 linebackers out with injury like they did in 2017).

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
I agree. Not gonna be able to run right at these teams snd expect to win. Especially not out of the rogers and marks package. They will just bury marks. Barbay needs to game plan a spread package with quick throws that game

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
1) Nicholson for Furge;
2) Take the TE out of the lineup, go with 4 WR set;
3) 4 man defensive front.

Got to go with talent. Furge has put it all into this team but he ain't the guy. A 4 WR set gets Zavion on the field over Goede.

And I'm not sure on the 4 man front, maybe that helps with pass rush? I'm not sure who the best player is between Page and whoever else we got at DL.
We can't protect the QB as it is. Taking one blocker off the field for an extra wideout isn't going to mitigate that.

DawgsOnTheWing

Sep 26, 2012
Charlie said 1.9 yards per carry in the second half on Sunday coffee. Not getting first downs is exactly how you shorten drives and give the ball back. You stupid do you have to be to not utilize Creed and Zavion ? At any minute Will can fake a handful and make a 7 yard pass to Creed and watch him take it to the house. You got plenty of guys that can get yards
Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere..........was Creed even targeted Saturday?

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I don't kn
Sorry if this was discussed elsewhere..........was Creed even targeted Saturday?
Oh I don't know which number is accurate. Thats a podcast with Charlie Winfield I like on Sunday mornings. They also do a deep dig on Fridays. Lot of info , stats and just overall opinions. Plus a lot of advertising...lol. They were saying it was good running in the first half but AZ shut it down in the second and we just kept trying. And not enough. Creed or Zavion. That's just my opinion tho.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login