A lot of people who like to downvote. And a question.

hoopsb4baseball

Mar 12, 2022
Usually our “fans” that get their panties in a wad when anyone tries to even bring up the topic of the possibility of a coaching change-are the ones who cowardly downvote. You can get like a million upvotes for just saying something positive. It’s cheap.

So it’s sunshine pumpers that will love anything positive, regardless of if it hurts State, that are the ones that won’t even post. They just hit like or dislike. Ya I said it.

With that said. Who really thinks Lemonis is the right guy. The right guy for what? The right guy for the best baseball program, fan wise, stadium wise, (AD is even a baseball coach), tradition wise, and reigning national champions wise… cause I don’t think he is.

I like Lemonis as a person. But if the best we can do is a dude that was born in Starkville, that only went to one regional before here. Coached two years… at Indiana…and took over a team that had a generational player in Mangum, who went to the CWS with a guy named Gary Henderson, who doesn’t even coach anywhere relevant now. And so now we think he is awesome because he got to cross his arms while Tanner Allen won us a Natty—-If you think that guy is better then a Schlossnagle that turned AM from a laughing stalk to a national seed in one year…. Then I don’t know what to tell y’all.

Down vote away. But I would really like to know who is happy with this coaching situation.

Show of hands. Post. Who really wants to keep Lemon Head?

Come at me.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Gary Henderson is the head coach at Utah, so your uninformed rant can now be a little more informed.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I hate a troll, but sometimes I can't help myself. Sometimes some are just such dumbasses I just can't stop.

1. That "generational player" came out and said he KNEW when he met him that Lemonis would be THE ONE to take us to and win a Natty. Go watch it here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt9hmB5vgdM

2. Gary Henderson who you say "doesn't even coach anywhere now" was the first year Head Coach at Univ of Utah this season and finished at .500 for the season. Their previous 3 full seasons they were 17-33, 16-33, 16-39. This season they beat Fresno St twice, Univ of Washington twice, Washington St twice, Arizona twice, beat UCLA once and lost 2 one run games to them, beat USC twice, split w/ BYU, and beat #2 OR St once.

3. You say Lemonis "only went to one regional before here". You forget as a player he went to a World Series. As an assistant at The Citadel they went 5 times. In his 7 years as an asst at Louisville they went to 7 NCAA Tournaments and 1 World Series (2007). 2013 he was National Asst of the Year for Baseball America and American Baseball Coaches Assoc. In his 3 years at Indiana they went to 3 NCAA Tournaments.

I think down votes are dumb and never even look at them so I won't go there, but if anyone deserved one it would be your dumb ***.

Cooterpoot

Aug 29, 2012
I've seen, and said some dumb ****, but this is next level stuff. But damn weak as a trolling effort.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Showing my hand. Posting.

"Better THAN"

"LaughingSTOCK" one word, the correct one

ACT English Score?

Last edited:

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
All of this bitching because some choose to look up at what UTenn is doing this regular season...

8dog

Feb 23, 2008
He coached at Indiana for 4 years. If you are gonna troll, know something

Last edited by a moderator:

hoopsb4baseball

Mar 12, 2022
Cochise cowbell is adorable. Let’s focus on grammar and not that we had a losing record and failed to make the ncaa tournament after starting the year ranked 3 in the country. Boo hoo act scores. So cute.

For the Utah people who got butt hurt about the Gary Henderson comment. Ya you’re right Utah is a power house right now we really missed out on a coach with a five hundred record. I’m glad you looked up all those Utah stats.

For the other people who like ad hominem attacks. Cause they can’t actually put an argument together for Lemonis. Let me ask you this.

I dare anyone to name one good thing about this season.

Seriously. Name one.

No really. Name one. Just one. I’m all ears.

HD6

Apr 8, 2003
It was a terrible season. There was nothing good about it. Does that require firing the coach that won a national title last season? Absolutely not.

SteelCurtain74

Oct 28, 2019
Pitching was our issue. Period. We had the worst team ERA and only recorded 3 saves. You want positives well let's start with RJ, Hunter and Cade. If that doesn't get you wet then we were top half of the conference in multiple offensive categories and had the highest fielding percentage in the league.

Fix the pitching, which Lemonis has already begun doing with the kid from Memphis, and we'll be back in a regional, if not hosting next year.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
How in the world was Texas A&M a "laughing stalk" program? Yes, they didn't make a Regional in 2021, but before that they had been to 13 straight Regionals, which included 6 Supers and 2 trips to Omaha.

Sure, what Schloss did there this year was impressive, but it's far from unprecedented from the Aggies like you're making it out to be.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Usually our “fans” that get their panties in a wad when anyone tries to even bring up the topic of the possibility of a coaching change-are the ones who cowardly downvote. You can get like a million upvotes for just saying something positive. It’s cheap.

So it’s sunshine pumpers that will love anything positive, regardless of if it hurts State, that are the ones that won’t even post. They just hit like or dislike. Ya I said it.

With that said. Who really thinks Lemonis is the right guy. The right guy for what? The right guy for the best baseball program, fan wise, stadium wise, (AD is even a baseball coach), tradition wise, and reigning national champions wise… cause I don’t think he is.

I like Lemonis as a person. But if the best we can do is a dude that was born in Starkville, that only went to one regional before here. Coached two years… at Indiana…and took over a team that had a generational player in Mangum, who went to the CWS with a guy named Gary Henderson, who doesn’t even coach anywhere now. And so now we think he is awesome because he got to cross his arms while Tanner Allen won us a Natty—-If you think that guy is better then a Schlossnagle that turned AM from a laughing stalk to a national seed in one year…. Then I don’t know what to tell y’all.

Down vote away. But I would really like to know who is happy with this coaching situation.

Come at me.

I can probably count on one hand the amount of downvotes I’ve given, but I decided to give you one. Mainly because you’re an idiot.

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
I downvote pussies who worry about downvotes. I also downvote shotgun and glory because they suck.
I also downvote people who mispronounce words ala yancy porter. You’re a laughing stalk.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
If you think it’s the positive people doing the most downvoting i can’t help you, dumb 17.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
What do you want us to argue? That we shouldn’t fire lemonis one year after winning our first natty ever in anything?

Why would we waste our time doing such a thing when making fun of your dumb *** is so much easier and more fun?

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
There is no argument. He coached MSU to its first national title. There have been other teams with as much or more talent who couldn’t get coached there. If he’s not the guy, then MSU has never had the guy. Idiot.

hoopsb4baseball

Mar 12, 2022
You guys are such sweet hearts. Let’s all get super mad about the possibility that maybe a new coach is better for our program. I have been an absolute fanatic in every single program of anything related to Mississippi state since I was ten. And it is sad to see my msu brethrens be not only hateful towards an opposite opinion. But literally babies about it. Learn to discourse. It’s called growth. I love msu with all my heart but I see why some of our prominent figures call our fans embarrassing and bad. Congrats.

No arguments for keeping Lemonis have been made at all. Just name calling and ad hominem attacks, like first graders : what did we do good this year? Name one thing. Just one. I’m all ears bro.

QuaoarsKing

Mar 11, 2008
No arguments for keeping Lemonis have been made at all. Just name calling and ad hominem attacks, like first graders : what did we do good this year? Name one thing. Just one. I’m all ears bro.

We beat Auburn 2/3. You only asked for 1.

Junction John

Oct 22, 2014
Your name suggests you like basketball more than baseball.

So, were you calling for Richard Williams to be fired after the 1997 season? And he didn't even win the NC. Imagine if we had finished it out in 96. Is there anyone in their right minds who would have wanted Dick gone after he lost Wilson, Dampier, and Jones? Did you expect Bart Hyche, Ty Washington and Whit Hughes to lead us back to the Final 4? Sometimes teams (coaches) need a year or more to rebuild after all the leaders are wiped out at once.

It's not that hard to figure out once Bednar, Tanner, and Rowdy left and Sims got hurt. Not to mention Dubrule, Harding, Hatcher, B Smith, and oh yeah the starting Friday night guy the entire year MacLeod, who were all real contributors.

Last edited:

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004

I like Lemonis as a person. But if the best we can do is a dude that was born in Starkville, that only went to one regional before here. Coached two years… at Indiana…and took over a team that had a generational player in Mangum, who went to the CWS with a guy named Gary Henderson, who doesn’t even coach anywhere now. And so now we think he is awesome because he got to cross his arms while Tanner Allen won us a Natty—-If you think that guy is better then a Schlossnagle that turned AM from a laughing stalk to a national seed in one year…. Then I don’t know what to tell y’all.

Come at me.
View attachment 24523
When Jim sold Dwight the Magical Legumes, were this trick plants laughing stalks?

T-TownDawgg

Nov 4, 2015
Stupid lazy ***.
Know your enemy. Especially before you troll. 17in loser.
It's baseballb4hoops

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
Baseball is tough. **** happens. We lost a lot of key pieces to the draft. We had some big injuries. We suck again next year it's time to ask questions. We won a national championship last season. After making it to the CWS in 19 and 18. After a super in 17 and 16 ( plus winning the SEC in 16. Remember what happened in 15? We are gonna be ok.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017
Tell me you don't know **** about baseball without telling me you don't know **** about baseball. Baseball is the ultimate Jimmy's and Joe's sport. 90% talent, 10% get the talent to perform. Last season was Lemonis getting the most out of other people's talent. This season was the opposite.

You want a legitimate reason to keep Lemonis? Here are the PG recruiting rankings for Mississippi State baseball by class.

2016-20
2017-21
2018-7
2019-7
2020-18
2021-15
2022-8
2023-8
2024-4

In a sport where recruiting top talent starts in 8th and 9th grade, we are just now getting into the sweet spot of the Lemonis recruiting classes and it looks pretty dang woolly down the road.

Last edited:

Hot Rock

Jan 2, 2010

I like Lemonis as a person. But if the best we can do is a dude that was born in Starkville, that only went to one regional before here. Coached two years… at Indiana…and took over a team that had a generational player in Mangum, who went to the CWS with a guy named Gary Henderson, who doesn’t even coach anywhere relevant now. And so now we think he is awesome because he got to cross his arms while Tanner Allen won us a Natty—-If you think that guy is better then a Schlossnagle that turned AM from a laughing stalk to a national seed in one year…. Then I don’t know what to tell y’all.

Come at me.
Did not read all that crap. Only national champion coach in our history of any sport and your dumbass wants him gone after one bad year. You stupid.

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
I'll bet you're one of those guys who starts a HUGE fight with their wife because she bought the wrong brand of milk at the grocery store

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Let me ask you this.

I dare anyone to name one good thing about this season.

Seriously. Name one.

No really. Name one. Just one. I’m all ears.

That's not a question, but I'll play along.

Our new tradition of having an injured pitcher coach first continued.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Down voted.

Mid-season we had leads, but no lead was safe with the pitching staff left after all the injuries. Lemonis was trying to lead, but the arms weren’t there.

Lemonis learned a lesson this year. We stayed with our old recruiting system and many teams went to the portal and loaded up. We were playing super seniors at every turn. I’m sure he is beating the bushes for help, right now.

BTW, great to see Baseball Bruce and his HOF/Dawg. 29 home runs; Hunter Hinds should shine your shoes before the ceremony and hope that your mo-jo rubs off on him.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
You guys are such sweet hearts. Let’s all get super mad about the possibility that maybe a new coach is better for our program. I have been an absolute fanatic in every single program of anything related to Mississippi state since I was ten. And it is sad to see my msu brethrens be not only hateful towards an opposite opinion. But literally babies about it. Learn to discourse. It’s called growth. I love msu with all my heart but I see why some of our prominent figures call our fans embarrassing and bad. Congrats.

You deserve all the name calling and ad hominem attacks you are getting. Oh, and the downvotes.

Good to see you again though, Yancy. Glad to see that hate continue to burn in your heart. I may swing by the shop today and buy a new set of tires from you.

Last edited:

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Your name suggests you like basketball more than baseball.

So, were you calling for Richard Williams to be fired after the 1997 season? And he didn't even win the NC. Imagine if we had finished it out in 96. Is there anyone in their right minds who would have wanted Dick gone after he lost Wilson, Dampier, and Jones? Did you expect Bart Hyche, Ty Washington and Whit Hughes to lead us back to the Final 4? Sometimes teams (coaches) need a year or more to rebuild after all the leaders are wiped out at once.

It's not that hard to figure out once Bednar, Tanner, and Rowdy left and Sims got hurt. Not to mention Dubrule, Harding, Hatcher, B Smith, and oh yeah the starting Friday night guy the entire year MacLeod, who were all real contributors.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login