A record of 1-6 record in the next 7 is quite realistic

rockingamecock

Joined Aug 28, 2001
Feb 2, 2022
. . . resulting in an illustrious season ending record of 4-8 . . . Beamer is really turning this program around.

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
Sorry, I don't see that happening.
1) Our D is entirely too good for that to happen (Assuming we stop jumping offsides and assuming we stop with the childish penalties)
2) Our D will keep us in most of those games as a result (Hey, I'm as surprised as the rest of you with our D's fire and pretty good tackling)
3) Opposing teams, no matter how good, have "off" days too
4) "Any given Saturday" - See Vandy / Bama
5) Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....... our Offense will eventually find its way into the endzone a few times.

So, ala my username, I see 2 more wins in there somewhere for sure + 1 complete surprise to everyone game.....possibly Bama. The thinking is Bama will be pissed and slaughter us.... I get it... I also understand Saban ain't their coach anymore and there's already grumblings about Bama's new coach down there. Talk of him not having "control" of the team like Saban did, etc.... they could just as easily fall completely apart against us.

Do I believe that will happen? No. Do I believe the Vandy loss was the "calm before the storm" down there? Very possibly. Sure. Point being, we're going to get a surprise win in there somewhere. We always do. Usually when we least expect it, ala 2 yrs ago and the absolute thumping we put on UcheaT and ran out of fireworks. It's what this team historically does. I think we get to 6 wins but I don't think it will be pretty. Defense wins a lot of games and ours is pretty darn good - if we knock off the penalties.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Sorry, I don't see that happening.
1) Our D is entirely too good for that to happen (Assuming we stop jumping offsides and assuming we stop with the childish penalties)
2) Our D will keep us in most of those games as a result (Hey, I'm as surprised as the rest of you with our D's fire and pretty good tackling)
3) Opposing teams, no matter how good, have "off" days too
4) "Any given Saturday" - See Vandy / Bama
5) Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while....... our Offense will eventually find its way into the endzone a few times.

So, ala my username, I see 2 more wins in there somewhere for sure + 1 complete surprise to everyone game.....possibly Bama. The thinking is Bama will be pissed and slaughter us.... I get it... I also understand Saban ain't their coach anymore and there's already grumblings about Bama's new coach down there. Talk of him not having "control" of the team like Saban did, etc.... they could just as easily fall completely apart against us.

Do I believe that will happen? No. Do I believe the Vandy loss was the "calm before the storm" down there? Very possibly. Sure. Point being, we're going to get a surprise win in there somewhere. We always do. Usually when we least expect it, ala 2 yrs ago and the absolute thumping we put on UcheaT and ran out of fireworks. It's what this team historically does. I think we get to 6 wins but I don't think it will be pretty. Defense wins a lot of games and ours is pretty darn good - if we knock off the penalties.

We didn't get a surprise win last year. Unless you want to count the UK game, which would be more of an indictment against us than anything else.

I don't know about our D. It has played well, but has had it rough moments as well. They are not the reason we have 2 losses, for sure. But against LSU, they played great to start the game but then LSU adjusted and ended up with 400+ yards and nearly 40 points. They were put in a bad spot against Ole Miss, but the 4 offsides were totally inexcusable.

Right now, Vandy is better than us, all around, so I wouldn't put too much stock in them knocking off Bama to say we can do something similar.

For your list of reasons 1-5, there are really only 2. 1 and 2 are the same (we have a good D) and 3-5 are the same (upsets happen).

In any event, our offense is just too much of a liability. We don't really have even one play maker. With our offense, I'd say 4 wins is more likely than not at this point. Our defense is definitely good enough to win us some games, but we still have to manage to score a few points here and there. We're 5 games into the season, so I think the ship has sailed on us making any major changes to find offensive production. We are what we are.

Last edited:

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Rocket is an excellent running back if he gets some blocking and our receivers have demonstrated YAC abilities if the OL gives our QB time to throw instead of running for his life.
Both of these seem to hinge on DECENT OL play.

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Rocket is an excellent running back if he gets some blocking and our receivers have demonstrated YAC abilities if the OL gives our QB time to throw instead of running for his life.
Both of these seem to hinge on DECENT OL play.
Yep.

As usual, it's a bunch of "ifs" for us.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login