A request of any of the MSU scribes that may read on here. Please don't

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
post every play by play event from the games whether they be football, baseball, or basketball on Twitter / X. Anybody that can access Twitter/X to follow the game can just as easily listen to Neal and Matt w/ an app on their phone, tablet or computer. We can also access the play by play features on Hail State.com if we're not where we can watch it. Its extremely annoying to go to Twitter tomorrow night after the game and have over 3 hours worth of your play by play posts piled up that we have to scroll through to get past and get to current relative posts. Posting a quarterly update, interesting stats, key injury, etc, sure please do post those. But every play, shot, pitch or at bat is just ridiculous though. I can't imagine anybody sitting there over a period of hours waiting anxiously for the next play to update on "the Twitters". This is posted as a request from four of us who have noticed the same thing in the past as we sit outside on this beautiful sunny day in Starkvegas for lunch sipping on cool ones. Thank you sirs for your consideration, and now I'll step down

1699032622146.png

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Unless you are sitting there over a period of hours anxiously awaiting the next play update how would even know the scribes were doing it ? Would you not be busy drinking a cold beverage listening to Neal and Matt ??

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Off subject but the SEC network is taking full advantage of the new clock rules. I record games and the games on SEC network every Saturday runs longer than games on other sport network. The only time that does not happen is when they do the SEC on ESPN, I have the proof in the recordings. If you record a game on the SEC network, you better extend the recording time. I would not doubt the new clock rule was made just for the SEC network.

CochiseCowbell

Oct 29, 2012
Every pitch? Damn...

2018 Postseason Sport GIF by MLB

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Doesn't X/Twitter have an unfollow or mute option? That seems like the most logical solution instead of trying to change something out of your control.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Doesn't X/Twitter have an unfollow or mute option? That seems like the most logical solution instead of trying to change something out of your control.
Exactly what I've had to do because of the glut of crap they post during the games. I like following them otherwise but not when they post every damn play.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Unless you are sitting there over a period of hours anxiously awaiting the next play update how would even know the scribes were doing it ? Would you not be busy drinking a cold beverage listening to Neal and Matt ??
Because the next time you log in you have to scroll, and scroll, and scroll past all of their play by play by plays. Like I said, the subject came up at lunch w/ 4 of us and all had the same complaint.......

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I have unfollowed although I don't mind them otherwise but it annoys the hell out of me for them to post most every play

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
post every play by play event from the games whether they be football, baseball, or basketball on Twitter / X. Anybody that can access Twitter/X to follow the game can just as easily listen to Neal and Matt w/ an app on their phone, tablet or computer. We can also access the play by play features on Hail State.com if we're not where we can watch it. Its extremely annoying to go to Twitter tomorrow night after the game and have over 3 hours worth of your play by play posts piled up that we have to scroll through to get past and get to current relative posts. Posting a quarterly update, interesting stats, key injury, etc, sure please do post those. But every play, shot, pitch or at bat is just ridiculous though. I can't imagine anybody sitting there over a period of hours waiting anxiously for the next play to update on "the Twitters". This is posted as a request from four of us who have noticed the same thing in the past as we sit outside on this beautiful sunny day in Starkvegas for lunch sipping on cool ones. Thank you sirs for your consideration, and now I'll step down

View attachment 439371
I actually like it. Especially for basketball and baseball.

AFDawg

Apr 28, 2010
I'm often working during games, and ESPN and other game casting sites are glitchy. I appreciate the Twitter updates.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login