A road SEC win is a good win, no matter how ugly.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Then every SEC team that's played in Oxford this year got a good win.

Ours was the least impressive.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Then every SEC team that's played in Oxford this year got a good win.

Ours was the least impressive.
Oh MAN!! Come On!, You know how that was a Super Bowl to Them!!!! It's a SEC Road Win over tsun, there's nothing but positivity that should be spread!! What happened today was Righteous and Note Worthy and full of Happiness and Fulfillment! Rejoice!

FormerBully

Sep 2, 2022
I was there. Sure seemed like a home game for State. We took the place over. That was there Superbowl and we took it.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That was only our 3rd win in Oxford in 12 years. First season sweep of Ole Miss in 12 years. Why are you not happy?

Did you miss the part about they haven't won a single SEC game at home this season?

Or that we came extremely close to ending any hope of a tourney bid with sloppy, uninspired play for way too much of a vital game?

That's why.

Baseball **** show doesn't help my mood.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
It’s hard to win on the road in college basketball. That’s why the NET values road wins so highly. Hell, #7 ranked Virginia only beat 3-22 Louisville by three points in the mid-week. Be happy with any win on the road.

ETA: Our bubble rival Clemson is losing at Louisville by 12 points with seven minutes left. I’m sure they’d take an OT win right about now.

Second edit: Clemson lost to 3-23 Louisville 83-73. Huge result for us.

Last edited:

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
It’s hard to win on the road in college basketball. That’s why the NET values road wins so highly. Hell, #7 ranked Virginia only beat 3-22 Louisville by three points in the mid-week. Be happy with any win on the road.

ETA: Our bubble rival Clemson is losing at Louisville by 12 points with seven minutes left. I’m sure they’d take an OT win right about now.

Second edit: Clemson lost to 3-23 Louisville 83-73. Huge result for us.

If we had lost today, and we came REALLLLY close, we wouldn't have any bubble rivals, because our bubble would have burst for good.

So no, I'm not happy with the way we won.

And I really hope none of those players are either or we'll get pounded in Columbia.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
First time we’ve swept Ole Miss in 12 years and this guy is unhappy about it.

What the 17 does the last 11 years have to do with this team and this season?

We're better than usual and they're much worse than usual

We absolutely should have swept them this year.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
So if it's baseball is a home loss good in any way to an inferior opponent no matter how ugly? Asking for a friend?

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
What the 17 does the last 11 years have to do with this team and this season?

We're better than usual and they're much worse than usual

We absolutely should have swept them this year.

“Better than usual” my a$$. From a pure talent on the roster standpoint, this team 17ing blows. And when I say blows, I mean very possibly worst talent in the SEC. We’re that bad.

It’s by sheer coaching and determination that we’re even in the conversation for any postseason play…. let alone the Big Dance. The fact that we sit here on February 18th as a Last Four In team for the NCAA Tourney is a minor miracle. You take whatever wins we get this year…..period.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
“Better than usual” my a$$. From a pure talent on the roster standpoint, this team 17ing blows. And when I say blows, I mean very possibly worst talent in the SEC. We’re that bad.

It’s by sheer coaching and determination that we’re even in the conversation for any postseason play…. let alone the Big Dance. The fact that we sit here on February 18th as a Last Four In team for the NCAA Tourney is a minor miracle. You take whatever wins we get this year…..period.

I really don't care to get into a pointless pissing contest that means nothing, but anyone watching this team can see clearly we have talent and great athleticism.

Tolu was All SEC entering the season and Jans called him one of the better post players in the country in an early post game interview.

Shak Moore was a 4 star guard and Top 150 player nationally, # 4 in NC in HS.

We all know how heavily recruited and highly rated DJ was, despite his lackluster career.

Davis was a 1st team AA in JC and rated the #7 JC prospect nationally.

No, we don't have legit NBA talent, but we never do. The last player we put in the NBA who actually had any significant impact was Dampier 27 years ago.

So, I have expectations after what they've proven they're capable of and this last game didn't meet my expectations.

I highly doubt they met Jans' expectations either.

But I'm glad we won, no doubt.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
Kerm knew this was the last feather that he could likely be able to garner. He’s had **** luck and his support has been fleeting.

It wasn’t meant to be up there, let’s bring him home.

I can promise you that he has not forgotten how to coach. His network is dying out but the guy is stamped as a floor coach…dying breed.

Lettuce

Oct 16, 2012
No, we don't have legit NBA talent, but we never do. The last player we put in the NBA who actually had any significant impact was Dampier 27 years ago.

This fact can’t go unnoticed….incredible.

From just the surface, we’ve put an astronomical amount of chips into bottomless baskets ……we’ve lost almost every high ranking recruit to either Alabama, Aub, Arkansas, Kentucky or Tennessee by either bidding war or transfer …Rod Hood to duke…

The amount of talent that has passed through the state and surrounding recruiting layers…woooof

Sad. All I can say. Tough to imagine

Reactions: She Mate Me

Tall Dawg

Apr 11, 2016
Good thing ugly road wins are valuable because our offense in the 2nd half was ugly. We scored what 5-6 points in like an 11+ minute stretch in 2nd half??
That’s the definition of ugly offensive BB. Amazing we pulled out a win.

BoDawg.sixpack

Feb 5, 2010
Kerm knew this was the last feather that he could likely be able to garner. He’s had **** luck and his support has been fleeting.

I can promise you that he has not forgotten how to coach. His network is dying out but the guy is stamped as a floor coach…dying breed.
He looks like an angry leprechaun. It doesn't translate well.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Oh MAN!! Come On!, You know how that was a Super Bowl to Them!!!! It's a SEC Road Win over tsun, there's nothing but positivity that should be spread!! What happened today was Righteous and Note Worthy and full of Happiness and Fulfillment! Rejoice!
"Super bowl to them" is silly. A mediocre team is not going to find a third gear and magically be great because it's "the Super bowl to them."

The only reason the game yesterday was close is because we played like liquid garbage most of the game. Way too many turnovers (almost all of them unforced and sloppy) and horrific shooting. If we cut our turnovers in half we win that game going away.

Side note, there's nothing better than being in attendance for a road win at Ole Miss in any sport. Come in ya trap, take over ya trap.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
"Super bowl to them" is silly. A mediocre team is not going to find a third gear and magically be great because it's "the Super bowl to them."

The only reason the game yesterday was close is because we played like liquid garbage most of the game. Way too many turnovers (almost all of them unforced and sloppy) and horrific shooting. If we cut our turnovers in half we win that game going away.

Side note, there's nothing better than being in attendance for a road win at Ole Miss in any sport. Come in ya trap, take over ya trap.
Actually a team CAN get fired up and find another level every now and then. In basketball you won't see a team magically shoot the ball better when it happens, but you will see them defend and rebound better through sheer effort. Ole Miss looked like us on defense yesterday.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Actually a team CAN get fired up and find another level every now and then. In basketball you won't see a team magically shoot the ball better when it happens, but you will see them defend and rebound better through sheer effort. Ole Miss looked like us on defense yesterday.
We dominated Ole Miss on the boards yesterday. They defended well, but that's what they tend to do. Kermit Davis is a dead coach walking, but his teams get after it defensively. It was particularly effective yesterday, not because they found another gear due to being "fired up," but because we suck offensively. Until Davis started hitting some midrange shots late, we were not much of a threat at all offensively.

We shot free throws out of this world (for us), which was fortunate. But we had 19 turnovers, and most of them weren't due to Ole Miss's defense. We were very lazy and sloppy with the ball, particularly in the first half.

Ole Miss also missed a lot of open three looks. We were fortunate for that, too.

Reactions: patdog

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
but because we suck offensively. Until Davis started hitting some midrange shots late, we were not much of a threat at all offensively.

It's amazing just how bad an offense can look when you are incapable of making more than 20% of your shots outside of 10 feet.

And how good it can look when you can make 40% of those.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
Sorry, but I'm not gonna look for blue skies after we came extremely close to blowing our season (yes, after our start I consider no big dance a blowing of this season) against a bad Ole Miss team.

If we show up in Missouri I'll be much more kind.
Do you ever look for blue skies?

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Do you ever look for blue skies?

That's pretty rich coming from you.

No, this hasn't been a stellar few days for the Big 3 sports going on right now, so I'm moody.

Maybe visit my defense of Leach and Rogers all season long last fall and the huge thread of positive Leach tweets I helped with after his passing if you think I'm a black cloud.

You definitely won't find posts of me calling for a coach's head after every loss like a bunch of this board.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
That's pretty rich coming from you.

No, this hasn't been a stellar few days for the Big 3 sports going on right now, so I'm moody.

Maybe visit my defense of Leach and Rogers all season long last fall and the huge thread of positive Leach tweets I helped with after his passing if you think I'm a black cloud.

You definitely won't find posts of me calling for a coach's head after every loss like a bunch of this board.
I think you’ll have a hard time finding a post where I’m negative about msu athletics

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

The most amazing stat of all….we had two NBA first round draft picks on the same damn team in 2011-2012, the only two such players we’d had since 1996. And we didn’t even make the tournament. Amazing that there are still people that thought Stans deserved another year after that debacle….not even to mention the Hawaii stuff and general toxic locker room things that were plainly visible.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
The most amazing stat of all….we had two NBA first round draft picks on the same damn team in 2011-2012, the only two such players we’d had since 1996. And we didn’t even make the tournament. Amazing that there are still people that thought Stans deserved another year after that debacle….not even to mention the Hawaii stuff and general toxic locker room things that were plainly visible.
The 11-12 team had Elite 8 potential and ended up being an NIT 4 seed. The last month of that season was a meltdown beyond belief.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login