A road SEC win is a good win, no matter how ugly.

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
The 11-12 team had Elite 8 potential and ended up being an NIT 4 seed. The last month of that season was a meltdown beyond belief.
I remember we pounded Ole Miss and were ranked in top 15 in the country. Rick Cleveland wrote a column saying how this was one of the best MSU teams ever. We never won a game the rest of the season and missed the tournament.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
"Super bowl to them" is silly. A mediocre team is not going to find a third gear and magically be great because it's "the Super bowl to them."

The only reason the game yesterday was close is because we played like liquid garbage most of the game. Way too many turnovers (almost all of them unforced and sloppy) and horrific shooting. If we cut our turnovers in half we win that game going away.

Side note, there's nothing better than being in attendance for a road win at Ole Miss in any sport. Come in ya trap, take over ya trap.
Great Post. I blasted away with blind loyalty then you came in as Paul Harvey with "The rest of the story".

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
If we had lost today, and we came REALLLLY close, we wouldn't have any bubble rivals, because our bubble would have burst for good.

So no, I'm not happy with the way we won.

And I really hope none of those players are either or we'll get pounded in Columbia.
That’s as bad as Kellenberger reporting on Dak’s almost interceptions. You do you, but if you’re not going to be happy after a road win, then you’re going to have a lot of unhappy days.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
That’s as bad as Kellenberger reporting on Dak’s almost interceptions. You do you, but if you’re not going to be happy after a road win, then you’re going to have a lot of unhappy days.

I'm happy we won.

Very happy we won. Always am.

That doesn't affect my ability to analyze a bad effort and be unhappy about that.

Is this really that hard to understand??

curseddawgs

Jun 16, 2021
The most amazing stat of all….we had two NBA first round draft picks on the same damn team in 2011-2012, the only two such players we’d had since 1996. And we didn’t even make the tournament. Amazing that there are still people that thought Stans deserved another year after that debacle….not even to mention the Hawaii stuff and general toxic locker room things that were plainly visible.
Thinking about that team gets me more upset than thinking about 2018 under Moorhead and that really says something

Reactions: knock him out john

stateu1

Mar 21, 2016
The most amazing stat of all….we had two NBA first round draft picks on the same damn team in 2011-2012, the only two such players we’d had since 1996. And we didn’t even make the tournament. Amazing that there are still people that thought Stans deserved another year after that debacle….not even to mention the Hawaii stuff and general toxic locker room things that were plainly visible.
And how did those draft picks pan out. What the **** are you talking about? I’ll tell you how good. I don’t even know who they were. Get the **** out.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
And how did those draft picks pan out. What the **** are you talking about? I’ll tell you how good. I don’t even know who they were. Get the **** out.
Moultrie and Hood. Their NBA careers are somewhat irrelevant (Hood did have a respectable NBA run), but both were really good college players who we wasted. A team with those two, a senior Dee Bost, and a solid group of role players should never in a million years have missed the NCAA Tournament.

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022

So you think the team of Hood / Moultrie / Bost / Sidney / Steele lived up to expectations? I think maybe I’d ask what the 17 you are talking about.

And I’m sorry you don’t know who Rodney Hood is. He’s a 12 year NBA veteran that has averaged double figure scoring for his pro career. Arnett Moultrie was an elite athlete in college who couldn’t get his offensive game to work in the NBA, but was still a tremendous player at MSU. Dontae Jones had the same problem. Do you not know who he is either?

Reactions: mstateglfr

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I still say Kermit's Tadpoles played their best against us being that it was an arch rival home game and their Papa Frog's A$$ is / was hot. Hoop Emotion. So I say STATE's Win / Sweep over tsun was a bigger accomplishment than many here think.

Reactions: FlotownDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I still say Kermit's Tadpoles played their best against us being that it was an arch rival home game and their Papa Frog's A$$ is / was hot. Hoop Emotion. So I say STATE's Win / Sweep over tsun was a bigger accomplishment than many here think.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login