Adidas

NawlBennyDawg

Jan 23, 2023
Just out of curiosity, when does State's contract with Adidas expire? With the addition of Selmon and Lebby, do you think State would look to Nike/Jordan deals? I personally don't have any problem with us being Adidas, I just wonder if we would ever go back to Nike.

92Alum

Oct 29, 2013
Sure hope so. Not advocating for anyone specific other than just not Adidas. Adidas has brought very little to the table. All their designs seem to be repurposed across all their teams with just color changes. Very boring stuff. Would like to see a little more personalized attention and designs for MSU.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
We need to be innovative and sign a deal with Drake. Talk about homegrown.

They'd probably just sell out to an out-of-state company like every other MS group, though.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Lots of people, myself included, likes to bash Adidas about their lazy aTm and State copycat styles. But I'd rather stay with Adidas than go to Nike. After the Kaepernick fiasco about 5 or so years ago I said that I'd never purchase another Nike product. I'm sure Adidas is also partnered up with someone that doesn't align with my views, and Nike isn't missing my dollars. But I try to spend my money with companies that I feel best align with my values based on what I know.

Thumbs Down

Sep 29, 2022
Can't support West Coast liberals like Phil Knight. Nothing with Nike or Jordan will ever be worn by this person. I'd rather wear Russell than Nike.
New York Yankees Thumbs Down GIF by MLB

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Can't support West Coast liberals like Phil Knight. Nothing with Nike or Jordan will ever be worn by this person. I'd rather wear Russell than Nike.

But I'd rather stay with Adidas than go to Nike. After the Kaepernick fiasco about 5 or so years ago I said that I'd never purchase another Nike product. I'm sure Adidas is also partnered up with someone that doesn't align with my views, and Nike isn't missing my dollars. But I try to spend my money with companies that I feel best align with my values based on what I know.

Adolf Dassler joined the Nazi Party shortly after Hitler became Chancellor. Dassler profited by supplying Nazi youth organizations with shoes and coached.
After the war, Dassler was found to be guilty of profiting from actions of the Nazi Party, which was the second highest category of guilt. He was expected to go to prison for years due to his alliance, support, and profiting.

But yeah, lets all speak out and take a stand against wearing Nike because Knight is a 'West Coast liberal' and they jumped on the Kaepernick bandwagon.
Totally reasonable.***

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
We need to be innovative and sign a deal with Drake. Talk about homegrown.
For a minute, I thought you meant Drake the rapper. I was confused because I think he's Canadian.
So every game would be a camo out, instead of just the cold ones at the end of the season?

I appreciate the clarification. I went from 'Wait, Drake isnt actually Canadian?!?' to 'Camo out? That would be a waste since nobody would see it!'

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012
Adolf Dassler joined the Nazi Party shortly after Hitler became Chancellor. Dassler profited by supplying Nazi youth organizations with shoes and coached.
After the war, Dassler was found to be guilty of profiting from actions of the Nazi Party, which was the second highest category of guilt. He was expected to go to prison for years due to his alliance, support, and profiting.

But yeah, lets all speak out and take a stand against wearing Nike because Knight is a 'West Coast liberal' and they jumped on the Kaepernick bandwagon.
Totally reasonable.***
Joe Biden Politics GIF

I agree with the post but the gif is still applicable.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
Only thing I don’t care for adidas apparel wise is our hat game is trash. Go into any retail store and the MSU hat section looks like it came straight out of a truck stop/Dollar General.
Its the shirts that I don't like. I know its the look they are after but you can spot their 3 stripe crap from a block away. Its either stripes standing out somewhere on the shirt or their logo front and center w/ 3 stripes and just as big as the schools logo. I don't ever go looking to buy an Adidas shirt, I'm buying a team shirt and every time I feel like I got an Adidas shirt first and then as a secondary note I got an MSU one.

bully12

Sep 2, 2012

Totally reasonable.***
They also went all-in with China as well.

Brokerdawg

Jul 1, 2012
Nike co-founder Phil Knight has contributed $2 million more to help Republicans gain seats in the Oregon Legislature. Knight made the donation April 4 to the Bring Balance to Salem PAC, which aims to elect Republicans to the Legislature, campaign finance records show.May 4, 2023

Always Google before posting.

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012
Nike co-founder Phil Knight has contributed $2 million more to help Republicans gain seats in the Oregon Legislature. Knight made the donation April 4 to the Bring Balance to Salem PAC, which aims to elect Republicans to the Legislature, campaign finance records show.May 4, 2023

Always Google before posting.
Big companies always grease palms on both sides of the isle.

Reactions: AFDawg and patdog

bolddogge

Aug 23, 2012

Totally reasonable.***
Ok... Adidas was founded by a Nazi. It is now a publicly traded company that parted ways with Kanye West after he made some antisemitic comments. So what's your point? You probably think the US is an inherently evil racist country because some of the founding fathers were slave owners.

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016

Totally reasonable.***
I thought ADIDAS stood for All Day I Dream About Sex?

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
They also went all-in with China as well.
Hold up, do you honestly live an involved life within society without financially supporting companies that utilize manufacturing in China?

Of course you buy goods from companies that manufacture in China. There is no reasonable way to participate in society and commerce without buying goods that were made in China.

Your reasoning is arbitrarily selective.
Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, coke, Ford, GM, Google, etc etc etc. All have suspected or known uyghur labor use. All continue to invest in the country and value the economy. And again, the 'etc etc etc' is pretty much any global brand that can be quickly thought of.

I am not defending Nike or any of those brands. I am not justifying anything here.
I just think yelling 'China!' is an ignorant take and a cop out in a lot of instances.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login