After some brief research, State is the only

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
school in the country that currently has a consecutive streak of College World Series, Bowl Game and NCAA Tourney appearances.

Take that Florida!

edited to say: that's probably worth throwing out some press release by our athletic dept. doubt they will though.

rugbdawg

Oct 10, 2006
in one sport and above average in the other two. To me, it's kind of like saying Gordon is the only MSU player to ever average 17 points, 8.2 boards, and 6.8 assists when we had one player in the past who average 24 points, 8.1 boards, and 6.3 assists. I made those numbers up, of course, but you get my point.

gtowndawg

Jan 23, 2007
I know some school might throw out well, we we have back to back to back women's final four and gymnastics. But, Football, basketball and baseball are viewed as the big three.

Like I said, if written properly, it's a chance to get State in the media. Something we suck at.</p>

FlabLoser

Aug 20, 2006
Reminds me of JWS's first year when he got on CNN and told their sports guy that MSU is was the only school in the nation that year to put every sport* in post season play.

*before women's sports counted

Todd4State

Mar 3, 2008
we're reassigning him. (wink, wink)

Plus, I don't really care what the rest of the nation thinks about us firing LT. Half of them will probably think it's Ole Miss that fired their AD, anyway. They don't know our situation, the half-assedness, the cold insincere smiles, the complaining about going to a post season tournament because it cost the school money to go, allowing our football team to rot, allowing our baseball program to become stale, and not having the balls to stand up to anyone.

I honestly think that some of our success was at least in small part because the staff knew that they might be held accountable for winning.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login