After watching some of the post practice interviews

Ozarkdawg

Apr 1, 2017
I think i feel worse about the rest of the season than i did Saturday. Barbay did not inspire any positive confidence. SOS. Gotta put em in the right position, make better calls, inspire. Heard that last week and saturday was worse.

Hope i'm wrong.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I definitely did not learn anything from Arnett, Barbay or Wills interview. Sounds like after all spring and fall and after all that talk about finding Will at a bachelor party and studying the playbook and finishing his coaches sentences Yada Yada that the truth is nobody has a clue what to do on any play that gets called. Chinese firedrill. We got the left guard blocking the right tackle

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I think i feel worse about the rest of the season than i did Saturday. Barbay did not inspire any positive confidence. SOS. Gotta put em in the right position, make better calls, inspire. Heard that last week and saturday was worse.

Hope i'm wrong.
Damn Barbay, lie to us. Tell me, we had X number of receivers open that we did not see or hit. We missed Y amount of blocks. We cannot pick up stunts or blitzes. WRs running routes not expecting a throw. Miscommunication here and there. We are working to clean this up.

That is literally all you have to say. Just point blank tell me what you are seeing, and that you are addressing it.

generic statements like "right position" and make better calls is some **** you say in August, not week 4.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
I definitely did not learn anything from Arnett, Barbay or Wills interview. Sounds like after all spring and fall and after all that talk about finding Will at a bachelor party and studying the playbook and finishing his coaches sentences Yada Yada that the truth is nobody has a clue what to do on any play that gets called. Chinese firedrill. We got the left guard blocking the right tackle
sounds about right.

OopsICroomedmypants

Sep 29, 2022
In his presser after practice Barbay looked like a kid in the principal’s office. He thanked the press for taking it easy on him. He’s a dang nice guy and it sorta comes across as not being a good leader. The way to get the fan’s and player’s confidence back is to run plenty of Air Raid concepts like he promised. I’m not confident.

Reactions: josebrown

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
did we get any push all game against any D lineman? I don't recall seeing one of our O linemen push them back half an inch

we did blitz a few times and send more than they could block

Reactions: MonkDawg

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
Damn Barbay, lie to us. Tell me, we had X number of receivers open that we did not see or hit. We missed Y amount of blocks. We cannot pick up stunts or blitzes. WRs running routes not expecting a throw. Miscommunication here and there. We are working to clean this up.

That is literally all you have to say. Just point blank tell me what you are seeing, and that you are addressing it.

generic statements like "right position" and make better calls is some **** you say in August, not week 4.
We did have receivers running open a lot. Will either didn't see them, waited to long to throw the ball, or rock skipped it in the general direction.

Reactions: Trojanbulldog19

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
How do you ruin a QB that fast ? I mean he can't even complete a 6 yard screen pass anymore. If Will can't throw accurate passes what does he provide? This is a guy that is pushing for SEC records all around the passing game. Basically been a 70% passer for the last 3 years. I have zero confidence in this staff. It might click in a game or two but I feel like this is gonna be a 2 year project minimum.

Reactions: OopsICroomedmypants

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
LSU got ready for the game after looking worse than I can ever remember an LSU team looking in the 2nd half of the FSU game

Maybe we will take USCe a little more serious after looking like half asleep hot garbage last Saturday

Part of the problem was minimal effort by some on the team won the Arizona game, and as young men often do at that age, if minimal effort is allowed, that is all they will give.

CoachT1991

Jan 3, 2020
How do you ruin a QB that fast ? I mean he can't even complete a 6 yard screen pass anymore. If Will can't throw accurate passes what does he provide? This is a guy that is pushing for SEC records all around the passing game. Basically been a 70% passer for the last 3 years. I have zero confidence in this staff. It might click in a game or two but I feel like this is gonna be a 2 year project minimum.
They didn’t ruin him. The Will that a lot of us tried to tell you existed is rising to the top. The Air Raid and Mike Leach masked a ton of his issues. Now he doesn’t have that.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
They didn’t ruin him. The Will that a lot of us tried to tell you existed is rising to the top. The Air Raid and Mike Leach masked a ton of his issues. Now he doesn’t have that.
And as far as stats go Will got lot of snaps in the last three years in games that we had under control that 2nd team QB should've gotten. It just flat looked at times like we were more interested in padding his stats than we were getting another QB ready if we needed him..

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
He is the same guy he was last year. Different system. Now he can't throw a pass ? Ok. Sure

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
After consulting my Magic 8 Ball I'm pretty sure our outlook is not too good.

Season 3 Episode 23 GIF by The Simpsons

I'll let you know how my tea leaves look tomorrow.

Reactions: blitz2Win

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
And as far as stats go Will got lot of snaps in the last three years in games that we had under control that 2nd team QB should've gotten. It just flat looked at times like we were more interested in padding his stats than we were getting another QB ready if we needed him..
THAT is my #1 gripe against Leach.

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Once you start hearing the coaches say “we just gotta execute”, it’s officially over. That tells you the coaches are convinced they are doing a good job and it’s all on the players.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
He is the same guy he was last year. Different system. Now he can't throw a pass ? Ok. Sure
Different timing. Different scheme . A lot of our passes last year were quick throws out or finding open man. This is a little more based on reading progressions like they do in the nfl. Listen to them talk about dak. They are talking about his mechanics and his footwork lining up with the count. There is a reason outside of lack of arm strength and mobility around and outside of the pocket that nfl teams didn't like enough about Will. They weren't trying to convince record setter in passing to come out as a junior. Why do you think that is? We aren't seeing Will on draft board watch lists even with his records. It's because of his athleticism and also his understanding of the nfl style of offense. I thought this offense could help him but he's struggling outside of leach air raid scheme.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Different timing. Different scheme . A lot of our passes last year were quick throws out or finding open man. This is a little more based on reading progressions like they do in the nfl. Listen to them talk about dak. They are talking about his mechanics and his footwork lining up with the count. There is a reason outside of lack of arm strength and mobility around and outside of the pocket that nfl teams didn't like enough about Will. They weren't trying to convince record setter in passing to come out as a junior. Why do you think that is? We aren't seeing Will on draft board watch lists even with his records. It's because of his athleticism and also his understanding of the nfl style of offense. I thought this offense could help him but he's struggling outside of leach air raid scheme.
Oh yeah....he will never play next level. That's no doubt. He was good at what we were doing but not next level. I expected them to ease into.the transition for some reason. But he is not athleticism any way.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Oh yeah....he will never play next level. That's no doubt. He was good at what we were doing but not next level. I expected them to ease into.the transition for some reason. But he is not athleticism any way.
Well even not being athletic guys like Kirk cousins isn't most athletic guy but still can work out of the pro style offense. Obviously Barbay isn't doing Will a lot of favors but if he wanted to play at next level he really needed to show he can run this style of offense. But not being able to move within the pocket for throwing lanes and avoid sacks is hurting him. His timing on the routes is also off that's why most hud throws are in the dirt or over thrown. He gets happy feet at the least bit of rush or csnt see the open guy or hasn't it made it their in the profession. Some of that could be Barbay giving him the wrong progression. However those progressions seem to work fine last year at app state. I think it's just too foreign off an offense that put guys have been running the leach system for 3-4 years and being introduced to a pro style offense had made it difficult to implement. I would imagine the pulling play where both sides are pulling someone screwed up.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
I don’t think Will Rogers will play for the NFL, but I do expect him to coach college football. He will run the Air Raid in some form and I believe he will be very successful.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I don’t think Will Rogers will play for the NFL, but I do expect him to coach college football. He will run the Air Raid in some form and I believe he will be very successful.
He does seem like the type of guy who would make a good coach.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login