After what Bowl Game results were you the most proud to be a Dawg?

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
2017/18 Gator Bowl. Beating a former Heisman winner with an interim coaching staff and a backup true freshman QB. Super proud on that day.

Both of the Moorhead bowl games made me really mad.

DAWGS1.sixpack

Feb 15, 2007
Beating Michigan so handily in the Gator Bowl is at the top. The Snow Bowl was so good that people still talk about it today- over 20 years later.
The Air Force loss in Liberty wasn’t fun nor were the two Peach Bowl losses to the NC schools.
Iowa loss and GTech Orange Bowl loss - that one may be at the top as far as embarrassing and mad at the same time.

dawgstudent

Apr 15, 2003
Happy:
1940 Orange Bowl
1999 Peach Bowl
2010 Gator Bowl
2017 Gator Bowl

Pissed/Embarrassed**
1998 Cotton Bowl
2012 Gator Bowl
2018 Outback Bowl
2021 Liberty Bowl

I didn't care enough in the early Sherrill years but if I was older - 91 Liberty would have pissed me off.

Last edited:

FlotownDawg

Aug 30, 2012
Thanks for reminding me of the St. Petersburg Bowl, even if you did it accidentally. We beat a 6-6 Ball State team by a point thanks to a blocked PAT and FG. It was embarrassing even in a win. The Orange Bowl loss was a dud ending to what had been a fantastic year which has the shine taken off by back to back games where we inexplicably didn’t show up (Egg Bowl and Orange Bowl). Proudest after a bowl game was probably Gator Bowl win over Michigan. To absolutely destroy one of the blue blood programs in college football was one of the highlights of the decade.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Any Egg Bowl we won and MOST pissed after 1981 Egg Bowl (MSU 17, OM 14, Refs 7)

harrybollocks

Oct 11, 2012
Snow Bowl

And also the Snow Bowl. I took off running in the snow in front of A&M fans and face planted. Seemed like a good idea at the time and one likely inspired by the copious amounts of beer.

was21

May 29, 2007
Whipping that Michigan *** in the 2011 Gator Bowl

Last edited:

notoriousD_O_G

Apr 1, 2013
St Petersburg bowl was Miami OH not Ball State but yeah that was about as bad as we have ever played and still won.

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Beating Michigan’s proud ***, resoundingly.

Losing to Northwestern’s candy-***, smart boys.

boatsandhoes

Sep 6, 2012
The embarrassed outweighs the proud

Proud
Louisville game or Michigan

Embarrassed
Orange bowl vs ga tech
St pete bowl vs Miami oh
Liberty last year was a shi* show
17ing iowa in the outback - the worst
Northwestern in the gator

Last edited:

kired

Aug 22, 2008
Proud - the two gator bowls. The win vs Louisville wouldn’t have been as special if Mullen hadn’t left and Fitz was healthy. But it was awesome considering the circumstances.

Embarrassed - the other gator bowl and outback bowl, probably give outback the edge because any half decent coach should have been able to win that game

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
That 2011 Gator Bowl bludgeoning of Michigan was a proud moment. That’s one of those where you say things like “that was a great team. They beat the **** out of Michigan that year.”

Embarrassing was probably the 2013 Gator Bowl vs Northwestern and being their first bowl win since 1948. I think Russell threw another interception while I was posting this.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Followup

What bowl game were you the most embarrassed w/the result
The Michigan Gator Bowl.

The Cotton Bowl. We just knew JJ was going to outshine Rickey and we got run off the field. And the weather sucked too.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Proud - the two gator bowls. The win vs Louisville wouldn’t have been as special if Mullen hadn’t left and Fitz was healthy. But it was awesome considering the circumstances.

Embarrassed - the other gator bowl and outback bowl, probably give outback the edge because any half decent coach should have been able to win that game

Agreed on the outback bowl should have been won… but if we had a half decent coach that year we would have been playing in a much better bowl.

Proudest was definitely the gator bowl vs Michigan. Most disappointed was probably the Liberty bowl last year.

Scottfield1

Nov 21, 2013
Happy:
1940 Orange Bowl
1999 Peach Bowl
2010 Gator Bowl
2017 Gator Bowl

Pissed/Embarrassed**
1998 Cotton Bowl
2012 Gator Bowl
2018 Outback Bowl
2021 Liberty Bowl

I didn't care enough in the early Sherrill years but if I was older - 91 Liberty would have pissed me off.

So your happiest bowl victory is the 1940 bowl victory played with leather helmets when your parents may not have been born; but, your asterisk for most embarrassing bowl loss is the liberty bowl had you been older. Interesting. I’m not necessarily disagreeing; however, the logic is head scratching.

PirateDawg

Jan 9, 2020
Gator vs Michigan and Snow Bowl were phenomenal games

Beating Michigan so handily in the Gator Bowl is at the top. The Snow Bowl was so good that people still talk about it today- over 20 years later.
The Air Force loss in Liberty wasn’t fun nor were the two Peach Bowl losses to the NC schools.
Iowa loss and GTech Orange Bowl loss - that one may be at the top as far as embarrassing and mad at the same time.

I have to give the edge to the Snow Bowl. I always wanted to see us play in a snow game because growing up I was a Green Bay fan(until they played Oakland in the Super Bowl). We were at both of those games and I'll never forget them.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login