Air Raid

blitz2Win

Sep 2, 2023
We returned 19 of 22 starters from last years 9 win team. No excuse to suck if we had stuck with what worked which is running the Air Raid. That’s what Leach would have wanted and he proved it would work in the SEC.
No brainer. if I was a rookie head coach DC I would realize my job and income depended on wins not style or ego. either promote Spurrier or Hollingshead or bring in a spread passing guy who could win with what you got. it’s not rocket science.

Incredible stupidity. yea we run, yea we got a tight end, but we are going 4-8 and your azz is going to get fired.

Reactions: Omnichannel
Sep 16, 2023
Will Rogers is the modern day Jon Elway. The air raid doesn’t fully encompass his ability to run an offense so we needed to make the change away from it so he can be the number 1 draft pick.

Reactions: Rupert Jenkins

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
We returned 19 of 22 starters from last years 9 win team. No excuse to suck if we had stuck with what worked which is running the Air Raid. That’s what Leach would have wanted and he proved it would work in the SEC.
We did not return 19 starters. Sorry, fake news. Also, stats last year and this year against LSU:

14 pts
16 pts

201 yards
289 yards

0 turnovers
2 turnovers

The air raid wasn't good last year either.

Last edited:

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Well the AR got us 9 wins and we definitely won't be getting that this year. I'm sure we have a bunch of dudes out on that field that are " running it back" that might be second guessing that decision. Imagine if all those guys had left what this team would be. Well next year they will be gone. And next year this team will regress even more. So drag out your maroon is all that matters shirts cause we gonna be Croomtastic. All hope is lost. Our coaching staff is turrible. Special teams coach has the only group that has shown improvement.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Well the AR got us 9 wins and we definitely won't be getting that this year. I'm sure we have a bunch of dudes out on that field that are " running it back" that might be second guessing that decision. Imagine if all those guys had left what this team would be. Well next year they will be gone. And next year this team will regress even more. So drag out your maroon is all that matters shirts cause we gonna be Croomtastic. All hope is lost. Our coaching staff is turrible. Special teams coach has the only group that has shown improvement.
I feel like someone is trying to sell me on voting for Biden. We won 9 games last year BUT we sucked! Ole Miss has infiltrated this forum and convinced folks that we were terrible.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
We certainly are terrible now and are not gonna improve any time soon. All this bull junk about taking over Mississippi recruiting and how well the team is responding to the new system was obviously lies. A group loaded with 5th and 6th year players with multiple years starting in the SEC should be able to pick a new system up without completely collapsing one would think. Every facet of this team sucks. Will can't pass. We can't pass block or run block. Absolutely can not cover any receivers. No running game at all. Putrid in every phase but special teams and you can not tell me it's the players. They were not great last year but they were better than this

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login