Air Raid?

Aug 24, 2012
Where are the vertical routes?

Will has time in the pocket to throw a 25 yard 50/50 ball. Instead we are rolling out of the pocket and throwing it away waisting downs on every series or Waiting on open 3 yard slant patterns.

Why is Rogers panicking all game when he wasn’t sacked until late in the game?
A little more warrior mentality would lead to more points.

why do we not run play action with our backs to freeze the linebackers and safeties?

Why do we not try the read option more where Will keeps it?

This offense has shown glimpses of brilliance when all options are used and play fearless , but when we narrow the options and play scared, it leads to short possessions.

very frustrating watching us play scared

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Your post made me think of some of the great leaders we've had at state through the years. Some had good teams around them and some didn't. Tommy Pharr, Rocky Felker, Dak off the top of my head. These are guys that just had "it" on the field and in the huddle and "it" is not to be confused with talent. These were just off the top of my head there were others I'm sure some of yall can add.

Reactions: patdog

Puppers

Oct 1, 2022
He just can't throw it deep. Idk if it's mental or physical but he just won't do it. A lot of times he just doesn't even look past 5-7 yards.

On the 3rd and 8 from about the 20 just before the half he had a receiver right in front of him that scores an easy TD. Instead he throws a three yard out.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
Rogers had two TD's taken away because of dropped passes. He's not a great QB. But he's good enough when he has time. Not so much when under pressure.

Grover777

Nov 1, 2022

Will has time in the pocket to throw a 25 yard 50/50 ball. Instead we are rolling out of the pocket and throwing it away waisting downs on every series or Waiting on open 3 yard slant patterns.

Why is Rogers panicking all game when he wasn’t sacked until late in the game?
A little more warrior mentality would lead to more points.

why do we not run play action with our backs to freeze the linebackers and safeties?

Why do we not try the read option more where Will keeps it?

This offense has shown glimpses of brilliance when all options are used and play fearless , but when we narrow the options and play scared, it leads to short possessions.

very frustrating watching us play scared
Agree with some of that. “we” play scared, cause Will plays scared.

you need to see this offense with a q b who has a strong arm, quick feet and nerves of steel. It’s rocket fuel compared to what we have right now. Gardner Minshew, Graham Harrell to name a Couple.
I don’t think Will is the starter next year. That may cause some to get upset, but I’m telling you Will is holding the offense back.

Reactions: ServiceDogg
Aug 24, 2012
Rogers had two TD's taken away because of dropped passes. He's not a great QB. But he's good enough when he has time. Not so much when under pressure.
That’s true but there were deep shots available that he won’t take when he has 4 seconds of pocket protection.

Podgy

Oct 1, 2022
That’s true but there were deep shots available that he won’t take when he has 4 seconds of pocket protection.
That's something that needs to be addressed. Maybe there will be some actual competition next year if Sawyer steps up.

HumpDawgy

Apr 6, 2010
Our Air Raid
gerry anderson graffiti GIF

Everyone else's air raid
Swirling Go Away GIF by Rise Records

Reactions: patdog

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
That's something that needs to be addressed. Maybe there will be some actual competition next year if Sawyer steps up.
Leach won't play him over the guy that has been starting in his offense for three years already

kired

Aug 22, 2008

Go back & watch the 2020 LSU game where Costello did a little fake pass to the RB, then went deep. We don’t do that near as much (maybe ever) with Will. Goes back to our inability or unwillingness to throw deep

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login