Akron coach, Moorehead, takes interesting approach to motivate his team

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
Encourages them to play hard and show out because it could help them land a payday at a bigger school:

“When you're a team that's playing up, so to speak, whether it's an FCS versus an FBS or a Group of Five versus a Power Five, any player that's got a competitive bone in his body should be playing with a chip on his shoulder to prove either they belong at that level or they belong at the next level. So motivation's a funny thing, and I think that type of challenge is something that guys can relate to. The other part of that, not just the NFL, is in this portal era of football, you're not just playing for Sundays. You're potentially playing for a payday on Saturdays at a bigger level, too. So when you say, 'Well, yes, you're doing this to put good tape out for the NFL,' I mean, the reality of it is when we don't have a penny of NIL here, a lot of these guys are playing for a payday potentially the following season, too. That's unfortunate you have to say it, but it's the reality of it. So, yeah, I think it's twofold. They're playing up and want to play well to try to get to play on Sundays, but also trying to maybe make some more money on Saturdays.”

Kind of a sad state of affairs.

Uscg1984

Jan 28, 2022
He could also be talking indirectly to the Akron fanbase.

They have a fanbase, right?

Latest posts