Alabama Game Thread

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
Woulda, shoulda, coulda
Had a chance as a major underdog so I have to give them credit for making a game of it with very few offensive weapons to work with.
Sellers plays like a freshman.
I do like our defense. Played well when everyone thought it would be a blowout.

Reactions: FIcock

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
Woulda, shoulda, coulda
Had a chance as a major underdog so I have to give them credit for making a game of it with very few offensive weapons to work with.
I'll concede I thought we'd get blown out, and yet it ended up being close for most of the game. I think we make our opponents play down to our level. Maybe they fail to suspend their disbelief in how inept we can be.

Reactions: I4CtheFuture

FootballLVR

Sep 25, 2023
Woulda, shoulda, coulda
Moral victory. I see what you did there.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
This one hurts but not as bad as LSU. We legit just beat ourselves no super questionable flags. Turnovers and penalties, otherwise we win
Today
I used to keep tabs when we played teams like Alabama Georgia, Florida on how many holding calls would be made against us versus them. Today as we are way inside field goal range on first down we get the proverbial holding call. Game changer. Alabama got zero holding Calls, and you watched it as they grabbed our defensive ends by the shirt all day. Just one Call one play game could be different. I’m sure we held many times today, I just find it comical the ref chose that time when we were in field goal range to move us out of field goal range. Again, game changer.

oh well. We have a chance to win every game from here out and we could also lose many. If we can win out and go nine and three, that would be a good year. This team can be very very tough. I hope we got the game like Ole Miss out of our system. Same way we did a few years ago when we lost to Florida then beat Clemson and UT.

Tngamecock

Jan 22, 2022
I’m sick of all you naysayers. These kids played their hearts out. I am so tired of this site. Of course we made a ton of mistakes but we were in the game until the last play.
We literally have a chance to win 6 straight if we show up the right way. Course we could lose 4-5 of those as well

I4CtheFuture

Oct 5, 2024
I never understand why teams that need the yards late in a game don't throw the fade and try collect that PI call.
That single play alone got Clemmons to sniffing the mountain top....remember? They'd get desperate late and do the very thing you just stated.....and PI was called every time to bail them out. Every time.

uscjunkie

Jan 27, 2022
That single play alone got Clemmons to sniffing the mountain top....remember? They'd get desperate late and do the very thing you just stated.....and PI was called every time to bail them out. Every time.
It is a smart thing to do because when the game is close defenders get nervous and start holding. No clue why everyone doesn't do it!

1vagamecock

Jan 19, 2022
We literally have a chance to win 6 straight if we show up the right way. Course we could lose 4-5 of those as well
After 50+ years of being a fan I feel like the former at the first of every year but it always ends up the later year after year.

Goofy141!

May 29, 2023
NEED and OC that understands the game situation - after recovering that onside kick - Bama blitzed on every down but the OC never called anything short and quick - all drop backs that took a while to develop - good gosh mane we didn’t need but 20 yards for a FG attempt

PrestonyteParrot

May 28, 2024
NEED and OC that understands the game situation - after recovering that onside kick - Bama blitzed on every down but the OC never called anything short and quick - all drop backs that took a while to develop - god gosh mane we didn’t need but 20 yards for a FG attempt
Agree. Should have specific plays for that situation ready to go.

Goofy141!

May 29, 2023
This QB doesn't give the 2-pt play a chance and then doesn't even give the receiver a chance on the last play.....this dude has zero football IQ!
Sucky call for a 2 point conversion. Once again full out blitz and our OC don’t have the wisdom to call anything to counter it

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
The team did play well, nothing to be ashamed about on the road against #7 Bama. Missed a field goal and a wide open receiver on the 2 point conversion. I didn’t think we had the talent to take it to the end but we did. So, the question is, when do we give up on Beamer? If the players give up this season, then do it. I don’t see that happening. If we can’t get bowl eligible next season then I’m all for pulling the plug. This team was never going to be better than getting bowl eligible. If you thought so, then I’d like to hear what you based that on? It couldn’t be based on our returning offense power, because we had none.

bayrooster

Jan 21, 2022
The team did play well, nothing to be ashamed about on the road against #7 Bama. Missed a field goal and a wide open receiver on the 2 point conversion. I didn’t think we had the talent to take it to the end but we did. So, the question is, when do we give up on Beamer? If the players give up this season, then do it. I don’t see that happening. If we can’t get bowl eligible next season then I’m all for pulling the plug. This team was never going to be better than getting bowl eligible. If you thought so, then I’d like to hear what you based that on? It couldn’t be based on our returning offense power, because we had none.
The lack of playmakers on offense is on Beamer.

Beanerball

Jul 17, 2023
The lack of play makers is to me our largest problem. We do have some good WR recruits coming, if they stick. The question is cut Beamer loose this year or give him one more. If he can keep the team competitive I say go one more year. Unless, of course, we could Saban, ya’ll know that’s not happening. So we stay on this course one more year then make a decision. This year’s team has gone beyond my expectations in performance already. If they haven’t met yours, then I don’t know what you were looking at going into the season. Especially based on the schedule

USCEE82

Feb 17, 2024
Sucks that we are wasting stout defensive play while our QB is learning. Who knows what kind of defense we'll have next year in the NIL/portal environment.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login