All this Will and Mike back and forth...

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
...and the thing that should really piss you off is that they are evidently the best we have in the QB room.

Never Mind What GIF by US National Archives

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
No one was complaining about Will's ability or clamoring to find a "better" QB when he was running the Air Raid. There were always the "noodle-arm" idiots, but he's obviously demonstrated that he has sufficient arm strength to compete in the SEC multiple times. Against the drop-8, the smarter play is the throw it underneath and rely on YAC.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
No one was complaining about Will's ability or clamoring to find a "better" QB when he was running the Air Raid. There were always the "noodle-arm" idiots, but he's obviously demonstrated that he has sufficient arm strength to compete in the SEC multiple times. Against the drop-8, the smarter play is the throw it underneath and rely on YAC.
Not to mention his performance against USCe.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Not to mention his performance against USCe.
He has his hood games and bad games but we would be much better off to have a qb with combined skill sets. They do exist. Maybe not as good as wills on game accuracy or mikes speed together but there are lots of dual threat guys out there that would make our offense not one dimensional depending on the qb that's out there right now. Air raid last year would have been better with a qb that could move and take off from five wide or throw in some zone read and actually run it in red zone. Instead of any run game being focused on tail back

TXDawg.sixpack

Apr 10, 2009
Y'all are missing the point. Neither of them is a SEC quality QB. Neither would start or see significant non-injury related playing time at any other SEC school. Name me one where either would compete for the starting job right now.
Rogers would get a shot at half of the SEC teams. If we had a halfway decent O-Line for the first 6 games, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
Yet we didn’t get YAC in the Err Raid. The stats don’t lie. That is why people didn’t like it. When you have to throw 75 times to gain 300 yards, it defeats the purpose.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Who hires all their offensive position coaches before they hire their coordinator? First red flag of the Arnett era.
It's pretty common I think if that coach has a plan of what he wants to run. Mullen did it for defense

Nugdawg

Mar 3, 2008
Y'all are missing the point. Neither of them is a SEC quality QB. Neither would start or see significant non-injury related playing time at any other SEC school. Name me one where either would compete for the starting job right now.
********…Will won 16 games the last two years as QB and went 8-8 in the SEC and regardless of the QB friendly system was about to be the All Time SEC passing leader. Some of you are so blinded by things you’ve just lost your got dang minds. Let’s not be this stupid as fan base!

KentuckyDawg13

Aug 15, 2006
Go watch some Chris Parson video...he's the best QB we have in the QB room. Doesn't mean we will ever see him play, but yeah...

patdog

May 28, 2007
Go watch some Chris Parson video...he's the best QB we have in the QB room. Doesn't mean we will ever see him play, but yeah...
Maybe he is, and maybe he's just the next Sawyer Robertson (54-108 with 1 TD and 5 interceptions at Baylor). We won't know until he earns some playing time and we see what he's really got, which won't be this year barring more injuries.

lazlow

Jul 9, 2009
Rogers would get a shot at half of the SEC teams. If we had a halfway decent O-Line for the first 6 games, we wouldn’t even be having this discussion.
Not to mention that he's averaged 30+ pts the last 2 years against Upig and 40+ against auburn.

UT is no worse than 5-1 w/ Rodgers.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
The QB controversy is great for SPS. The folks that always want the second string QB got their wish. So, the discussion continues and escalated past "Noodle arm" for Will to he's frail, weakly and has no place in college football. I really enjoy reading the stupidity on SPS. It is cheap entertainment seeing our fans asasinate the character of players that play football for us. Makes you wonder why anyone would agree to play here.

Nugdawg

Mar 3, 2008
The QB controversy is great for SPS. The folks that always want the second string QB got their wish. So, the discussion continues and escalated past "Noodle arm" for Will to he's frail, weakly and has no place in college football. I really enjoy reading the stupidity on SPS. It is cheap entertainment seeing our fans asasinate the character of players that play football for us. Makes you wonder why anyone would agree to play here.
I especially love the folks that make statements of Will playing in some low level of football next year after getting in the portal. Rest assured he will be playing P5 football next season for someone other than Barbay, Friend and Arnett and probably much happier.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
So, what's up the Parson? Not adjusted to SEC speed yet? Injury? Some other issue?

According to some, Weir would be the #3 guy over him if Wright gets hurt too.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Maybe he is, and maybe he's just the next Sawyer Robertson (54-108 with 1 TD and 5 interceptions at Baylor). We won't know until he earns some playing time and we see what he's really got, which won't be this year barring more injuries.
For real. People hyped him up even more than Parson and turns out it was Locke who was the real talent.

Too bad....

Reactions: patdog

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
So Rogers has another year of eligibility...yes?

Does Wright have another year of eligibility?

Maroon13

Sep 29, 2022
Wright has another year of eligibility. Same as Will.
I'm curious then why Bo Bounds keeping saying we will be going into the portal for a QB this off season?

I assume that to mean, neither will be back.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I'm curious then why Bo Bounds keeping saying we will be going into the portal for a QB this off season?

I wouldn’t put any stock into anything Bo Bounds says. I don’t think he knows any more than we do. In some cases, maybe even less.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022

Because he doesn't think either one are what Barbay really needs. Can't say I really disagree there. We will have Parson and Flowers, but Wright isn't going anywhere since he's already transferred. And I doubt we'll get an upperclass QB out of the portal any better than Wright.

So Bo is just hot-taking, which he's paid to do. People act like the portal is some gold mine of talent, it's not.

Reactions: Maroon13

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Because he doesn't think either one are what Barbay really needs. Can't say I really disagree there. We will have Parson and Flowers, but Wright isn't going anywhere since he's already transferred. And I doubt we'll get an upperclass QB out of the portal any better than Wright.

So Bo is just hot-taking, which he's paid to do. People act like the portal is some gold mine of talent, it's not.
If Barbay is back next year, we are going to suck!

We are not trending up with this offense.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It can't be a separate discussion. I get what you are alluding to.
Arnett isn't going to fire Barbay, and shouldn't. And I disagree that the guy sucks, he's doing what he was hired to do, and he's gotten better at times. Arnett made the decision, and is responsible. I honestly don't even think he's going to fire Brock, and again, he shouldn't. All the dysfunction, to me, seems to be coming from the head guy. He seems to be taking steps to mitigate that, though.

Ibdancin

Feb 9, 2018
Arnett isn't going to fire Barbay, and shouldn't. And I disagree that the guy sucks, he's doing what he was hired to do, and he's gotten better at times. Arnett made the decision, and is responsible. I honestly don't even think he's going to fire Brock, and again, he shouldn't. All the dysfunction, to me, seems to be coming from the head guy. He seems to be taking steps to mitigate that, though.
Say what? Should not fire the guy who took our vet team and is now 6 points per game down by on average? He SUCKS! His play calling SUCKS. His Recruiting SUCKS. His ability to teach the OL WHO they are blocking sucks.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
I have to agree. I think Arnett is to blame for anything that is wrong on offense. He is throttling Barbay down. Plus he hired the OL coaches. I'm not sure about Brock tho. He does kinda suck. But let's see what happens the rest of the year. Maybe they can get to 7 and they will all be safe. And we have some young QBs coming up that are real dual threats

Reactions: OG Goat Holder

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I have to agree. I think Arnett is to blame for anything that is wrong on offense. He is throttling Barbay down. Plus he hired the OL coaches. I'm not sure about Brock tho. He does kinda suck. But let's see what happens the rest of the year. Maybe they can get to 7 and they will all be safe. And we have some young QBs coming up that are real dual threats
My whole premise is that Arnett will be retained (which I do not really want). If he is, I am assuming the rest will stay too.

Brock could be alright, but he was just thrust into this role too early. Arnett should still be the DC, similar to how Mullen was the OC when he got here. He needs time to learn. A big mistake Arnett made was delegating this, and thus, he started micromanaging the offense. It's very easy to see.

To be honest, I'm ok with some of the dumb play calls and such that will get overlooked due to Arnett calling the D. This happened during Mullen's time too.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login