Although I'm not a fan of moral victories

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
I'm encouraged by yesterday. An exciting offense and with a couple of questions reviews (especially the int where the defensive player was clearly OOB) going the other way, we could have won. Playing on the road against a mid tier SEC team is no easy task. I like this team going forward. If the D tightens up a little, we can get to 6-6/7-5. OM, the barn and UK are all beatable. If Ark loses their QB, there're not the same team. We probably lose to Bama, but if we continue to show improvement, that bodes well moving forward.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
There was offensive improvement, but serious defensive regression. I'm also really concerned about our inability to just line up and push the ball forward for a yard or two.

Keep Barbay in the booth. But they gotta figure something out on defense.

Barkman Turner Overdrive

May 28, 2006
I'm encouraged by yesterday. An exciting offense and with a couple of questions reviews (especially the int where the defensive player was clearly OOB) going the other way, we could have won. Playing on the road against a mid tier SEC team is no easy task. I like this team going forward. If the D tightens up a little, we can get to 6-6/7-5. OM, the barn and UK are all beatable. If Ark loses their QB, there're not the same team. We probably lose to Bama, but if we continue to show improvement, that bodes well moving forward.
Agree about your assessment on the offense. However, the D was Ron Cooper/Peter Sirmon level bad.

Grove Sh.tter

Sep 30, 2022
We played our guts out. We were held on D every snap, and yet we were the only heavily penalized team.

To rebound from that spanking last week and play plums out, like that, I think we may continue to progress.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
We played our guts out. We were held on D every snap, and yet we were the only heavily penalized team.

To rebound from that spanking last week and play plums out, like that, I think we may continue to progress.
You are right about the holding. I saw it on every single play for them. They were even grabbing our defensive players from behind with no calls.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login