Am I the only who finds it odd and a little disturbing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
that there is a certain college football coach who lives on Twitter and will retweet just about anything, hasn't had a peep about Mike Leach today? I understand that we all handle things (grief, shock, etc.) differently, and I probably shouldn't even be thinking about ******** like this at a time like this, but let's just say it hasn't gone unnoticed.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
I think he did make some comments (not on Twitter) but posted on Twitter by a reporter. Reporter took it down, as comments were taken the wrong way.

Edit:these were the supposed comments…I suppose the past tense nature of them were what upset people, but who can blame him. Hell Rosebowl used past tense references today..

“Truly loved him and every minute I was around him," Kiffin said in the original post. "Can't believe I was just hugging him a few weeks ago. Having coached with his former players and coaches they always said amazing things about him...I just keep hoping somehow it's not true. I can't picture not having the pirate around to text and laugh with."

dawgman42

Jul 24, 2007
that there is a certain college football coach who lives on Twitter and will retweet just about anything, hasn't had a peep about Mike Leach today? I understand that we all handle things (grief, shock, etc.) differently, and I probably shouldn't even be thinking about ******** like this at a time like this, but let's just say it hasn't gone unnoticed.
7439ti.jpg

Perd Hapley

Sep 30, 2022
Thought this was about Freeze when I read it at first. Kiffin was one of the very first to put something out.

UpTheMiddlex3Punt

May 28, 2007
Most of us have the luxury of not being public figures so we can comment on the issue - some comment a lot. Kiffin, Cohen, and whoever else is going to say the minimum on social media because it's a sad and delicate situation.

lasher8

Feb 13, 2012
He made a statement about him…

Kiffin: Truly loved him and every minute I was around him," Kiffin said in the original post. "Can't believe I was just hugging him a few weeks ago. Having coached with his former players and coaches they always said amazing things about him...I just keep hoping somehow it's not true. I can't picture not having the pirate around to text and laugh with."

Reactions: PirateBay

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Or maybe it’s as simple as the two of them were as good of friends as they each proclaimed to be and this is hitting him hard. If a good friend of mine was dying my last concern would be getting on here to prove to all of y’all I was sad about it. The statement Kiffin made seemed heartfelt and much less cookie cutter then a lot of the statments made.

SirBarksalot

May 28, 2007
My guess is he's offered his thoughts privately and doesn't feel like he needs to make a public statement. It's a small state and people notice. I'm just surprised actually and will give him the benefit of doubt.
This☝🏻. You know that Kiffin and Cohen have communicated with the family in some personal way. No need to virtue signal.

PirateBay

Jan 9, 2020
He made a statement about him…

Kiffin: Truly loved him and every minute I was around him," Kiffin said in the original post. "Can't believe I was just hugging him a few weeks ago. Having coached with his former players and coaches they always said amazing things about him...I just keep hoping somehow it's not true. I can't picture not having the pirate around to text and laugh with."

Yep, thought it was a very heartfelt message. I also get why it was taken down by the reporter, it does read like he’s already gone and yesterday (when it was posted) was too early for that. Regardless, bashing Kiffin is uninformed and frankly unfair.

preacher_dawg

Nov 12, 2014
There is something about this that I'm pretty angry about, but I'm withholding posting about it, at least for now.

travis.sixpack

Mar 3, 2008
Yep, thought it was a very heartfelt message. I also get why it was taken down by the reporter, it does read like he’s already gone and yesterday (when it was posted) was too early for that. Regardless, bashing Kiffin is uninformed and frankly unfair.
I'm just talking through it. Sometimes I need to be set right. The reality of the situation is so tragic and sad, I'm misplacing my feelings elsewhere.

Y'all can delete/lock this thread.

Reactions: PirateBay
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login