And it is done...now on to football

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
The Lord Of The Rings Mueller Report GIF by reactionseditor

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
This is an example of a player being stupid. He should have just stayed at Stanford if aTm was going to be his ultimate destination. I know his 'trainer' or whatever is there, but who cares. He's much less 'hidden' in that aTm lineup than at MSU. If he wanted to transfer for baseball reasons, then LSU or MSU was the play, not aTm.

Just really really dumb. Unless it's NIL, which I doubt, because LSU/MSU would have matched anything. To me, this screams that he's still a 'kid', and hey, kids have to do dumb things sometimes to learn.

I will probably be actively cheering against aTm this year, for multiple reasons. But this is the type of transfer that just sucks. I'm not blaming it all on Montgomery, but the circumstances around it just....suck. I hate it for college baseball.

patdog

May 28, 2007
This is an example of a player being stupid. He should have just stayed at Stanford if aTm was going to be his ultimate destination. I know his 'trainer' or whatever is there, but who cares. He's much less 'hidden' in that aTm lineup than at MSU. If he wanted to transfer for baseball reasons, then LSU or MSU was the play, not aTm.

Just really really dumb. Unless it's NIL, which I doubt, because LSU/MSU would have matched anything. To me, this screams that he's still a 'kid', and hey, kids have to do dumb things sometimes to learn.
Pretty dumb to leave Stanford for any reason, unless there's just a big NIL difference. Great baseball school. Great academic school (even if he doesn't finish a degree next year, he'd only be a year away from one). Great location.

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
You can probably put this one in the “undefeated” file.

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Pretty dumb to leave Stanford for any reason, unless there's just a big NIL difference. Great baseball school. Great academic school (even if he doesn't finish a degree next year, he'd only be a year away from one). Great location.
Based on his decision to go to the Aggies, he was not smart enough to cut it at Stanford.***

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009

I will probably be actively cheering against aTm this year, for multiple reasons. But this is the type of transfer that just sucks. I'm not blaming it all on Montgomery, but the circumstances around it just....suck. I hate it for college baseball.
You really think it’s because of his hitting coach? He’s chasing leg.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
You really think it’s because of his hitting coach? He’s chasing leg.
You can probably put this one in the “undefeated” file.
I don't buy that. That's the last place I'd be chasing leg (considering the choices). You really think he couldn't do that at LSU or MSU, probably the 2 biggest meccas of cleat chasers around?

It's his trainer. That's the only connection to aTm.

And let's say he IS chasing leg.....doesn't that make him even dumber to base a choice on that? Surely the parents weighed in here. And it's also a one-year deal. This is a baseball decision, and a bad one.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
I don't think I've felt that a major MSU sport was this much of a waste of everyone's time since Croom was here

Reactions: peewee.sixpack

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
Oh, my gosh! OF COURSE all that matters in the case of these types of players is the NIL money.
Makes no difference if Sparky Anderson or Bob from Bogue Chitta is coaching the team or the team is MSU in Starkville or Deep Springs Bible College in Bum17, PA.
These players are only there until they go high enough in the draft. All that matters is the money.
If it really bothers you that much, you're probably already giving to the Bulldog Initiative.
GIVE MORE!!!

AlCoDog

Feb 27, 2008
I don't buy that. That's the last place I'd be chasing leg (considering the choices). You really think he couldn't do that at LSU or MSU, probably the 2 biggest meccas of cleat chasers around?

And let's say he IS chasing leg.....doesn't that make him even dumber to base a choice on that? Surely the parents weighed in here. And it's also a one-year deal. This is a baseball decision, and a bad one.
I’m certainly not going to try and pretend like i can explain it or understand. It’s undefeated for a reason. If we understood it, we could defeat it.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Geez, this kid seems to be all over the place. Something seems off. Maybe he really was just sore for some tang in Austin??

I think his baseball career would have been better off at Stanford, all things considered. Aggy is where “great” athletes go to merely be Aggy.

L4Dawg

Oct 27, 2016
1: Stanford is a better baseball school than A&M
2: If he was on track to get a degree in marketable major from Stanford, it's a dumb, dumb decision. I know A&M is a really good academic school, but it isn't Stanford. Unless he was getting at LEAST an eight figure NIL he made a really BAD business decision. A marketable Stanford degree is worth a LOT of money.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
What's it called when you have a milkman fetish? How does that happen now days. Is there such thing as a real milkman anymore?

fredgarvin

Jun 26, 2010
2: If he was on track to get a degree in marketable major from Stanford, it's a dumb, dumb decision. I know A&M is a really good academic school, but it isn't Stanford. Unless he was getting at LEAST an eight figure NIL he made a really BAD business decision. A marketable Stanford degree is worth a LOT of money.
Not to mention the network he would have had.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
Maybe finger banging Mary Jane Rottencrotch in her purrrty pink panties was too much of an enticement.**

dog99walker

Jul 16, 2021
Montgomery was correct to leave Stanford since the PAC 12 is melting away like a Hersey’s Bar on a dashboard in July at Death Valley. There are some Mississippians that are ‘too good’ for MS State. They are people who think that A&M have a**holes that smells like rosebuds. Mr. Montgomery plays us in College Station next Spring. We’ll see.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Montgomery was correct to leave Stanford since the PAC 12 is melting away like a Hersey’s Bar on a dashboard in July at Death Valley. There are some Mississippians that are ‘too good’ for MS State. They are people who think that A&M have a**holes that smells like rosebuds. Mr. Montgomery plays us in College Station next Spring. We’ll see.
Not next year? He’s going pro, assuming the events of today roll into tomorrow

#docbrown

PAC demise is later on, who cares. Stanford will still be Stanford

patdog

May 28, 2007
Nothing changes for PAC-12 until after he’s a professional baseball player.

Darryl Steight

Sep 30, 2022

Not so much "chasing" as "following"... I think the implication was that he already has a girlfriend and she goes to school over there somewhere close by A&M.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Not so much "chasing" as "following"... I think the implication was that he already has a girlfriend and she goes to school over there somewhere close by A&M.
And that's an even dumber decision. I've heard people say this girlfriend was in Texas (Austin), and also in Tennessee. I have a feeling....this decision isn't going to work for this guy.

Reactions: Darryl Steight

DoggieDaddy13

Dec 23, 2017
This thread is still going because some of you believe this involved something other than NIL DOLLARS.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
And that's an even dumber decision. I've heard people say this girlfriend was in Texas (Austin), and also in Tennessee. I have a feeling....this decision isn't going to work for this guy.
He’s going to play for an SEC West school with a better coach, better players, has actually made it to Hoover and to the CWS in the last couple of years. I’m sure he’s going to be kicking himself for missing out on all the fans!!!

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login