And now comedian Louie Anderson has died

Shmuley

Mar 6, 2008
Homeless guy to Louie: "Can you help me out with a sandwich?" ...................................................

Louie to homeless guy: "Sure. Where is it?"

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
People die- Louie was 68 and not in good health for decades. It sucks, but in a country with 330mm, people die every year.
Not sure why 2022 is starting out hell on wheels as I havent heard about Louie Anderson since college in the early 00s when he hosted Family Feud. Maybe he was wildly successful in the last two decades and I didnt realize.

I remember he had a cartoon in the 90s that I watched a few times. He had a helluva distinct voice.

Hugh's Burner Phone

Aug 3, 2017
People die- Louie was 68 and not in good health for decades. It sucks, but in a country with 330mm, people die every year.
Not sure why 2022 is starting out hell on wheels as I havent heard about Louie Anderson since college in the early 00s when he hosted Family Feud. Maybe he was wildly successful in the last two decades and I didnt realize.

I remember he had a cartoon in the 90s that I watched a few times. He had a helluva distinct voice.

Well 17 me you're the life of the party. Have you gone to take a dump on the meatloaf thread yet? He hasn't had a hit in a while so I guess nobody gives a **** about him anymore either.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

Damn was Louie a republican?**

I’m kidding… not trying to start a battle here

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005

You are right people die everyday but we are unattached to them. I don't even think about it. The bible says a time to be born and a time to die. When a friend or family member dies it reminds us of our own mortality and are sad over the lost. However when someone famous dies it reminds everyone of their mortality regardless how active they are in thier career.

Dawg1979

Jun 23, 2015
"Hey, I started out mopping the floor just like you guys. But now... now I'm washing lettuce. Soon I'll be on fries; then the grill"

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Well 17 me you're the life of the party. Have you gone to take a dump on the meatloaf thread yet? He hasn't had a hit in a while so I guess nobody gives a **** about him anymore either.

I get it, wet blanket here. The 'starting out hell on wheels' comment just caught my attention because a comedian who hasnt been widely popular in basically this century died is being referenced. It just seems like a wide net to cast.

I tried to balance it with what I remember of Anderson...but clearly didnt do a good job of balancing.

PooPopsBaldHead

Dec 15, 2017

Someone post a link about an ******* in the Midwest getting mowed down by a pickup while rollerblading and Glfr will write a 17ing elegy worthy of a Nobel peace prize winner.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
You know there comes a moment where you think to yourself “maybe I shouldn’t post this”. That might have been one of those moments.

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I get it, wet blanket here. The 'starting out hell on wheels' comment just caught my attention because a comedian who hasnt been widely popular in basically this century died is being referenced. It just seems like a wide net to cast.

I tried to balance it with what I remember of Anderson...but clearly didnt do a good job of balancing.

He played Zach Galifinakis's mom on Baskets. He won a well-deserved Emmy for that role and was nominated for another.

That being said... what's your over/under on years between being out of the mainstream spotlight and dying before a person no longer deserves a (checks note) post on SPS?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
He was wildly successful. He made it to assistant manager, and the big bucks came rolling in.

Miketice

Sep 2, 2013

Lol I’m hoping this is a snickers situation and not an ******* one

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
He was a funny dude. He always appeared to be in such terrible health I'm glad he made it as long as he did.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Anyone find it ironic that Louis followed meatloaf to the afterlife?

Louis was great. Always made me laugh. I grew up a chubby kid so some of his jokes on being a fat chubby kid hit home.

Car Ramrod.sixpack

Sep 21, 2017
He played Zach Galifinakis's mom on Baskets. He won a well-deserved Emmy for that role and was nominated for another.

That being said... what's your over/under on years between being out of the mainstream spotlight and dying before a person no longer deserves a (checks note) post on SPS?

Baskets was/is a great show and no doubt Louie deserved an Emmy for that. I don't think it can go on without him.

Drebin

Aug 22, 2012

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
It’s almost like many of us have been saying.

Old people with help problems are gonna die with or without 👑 🦠

Glad you are starting to get it.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
You know there comes a moment where you think to yourself “maybe I shouldn’t post this”. That might have been one of those moments.

Nope, I'm good with it. I thought about it, guessed it wouldn't be popular, and here we are.
It sucks that he died, but 2022 isnt starting out surprisingly or tough(he'll on wheels) when it comes to celebrity deaths. A couple of older guys in not great health passed.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008

Yeah, I read about this today- I definitely will check it out as it sounds like an interesting series.

MarkDallas

Aug 27, 2014
Yeah, I read about this today- I definitely will check it out as it sounds like an interesting series.

It's definitely not for everyone, but I enjoyed it. Anderson was amazing. If you had a good-hearted but passive aggressive mother/grandmother, his performance will hit close to home.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login