Another balloon/object shot down over Lake Huron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Do I? Cant say I can remember ever saying that. I think he is a dbag. I thought he was a brilliant dbag many years ago, I thought he was a really smart dbag some years ago, and I currently think he is an impulsive dbag.
Whether he is right wing, left wing, or just a impulsive juvenile troll doesnt impact what I think of him..
Impulsive dbag? I like millions of others think otherwise.

MrKotter

Aug 22, 2012
One thing is for certain, the gov't and media are priming you for something that will go down soon and it won't be good for you.

Rupert Jenkins

Nov 29, 2017
Now there's another really large one, nearly stationary, over Scottsdale, Arizona. It appears to have quite a bit of advanced optical equipment on board, and may possibly be manned. Biden is considering shooting it down, but is being urged not to by the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Does it say "Goodyear" on the sides ??

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Impulsive dbag? I like millions of others think otherwise.
Fair enough. Its an opinion of a polarizing person, so of course people will have varying views.
I think his twitter purchase was largely impulsive as well as many claims and decisions he has made over the last few years. I have always viewed him as a dbag. So currently, he is an impulsive dbag.
Its OK that you view him as a savior to whatever cause you are upset about right now, or that you view him as a mad genius who will go down in history as a peer to Ben Franklin, George Washington Carver, and Thomas Edison.

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
What bothers me is we supposedly lost visual and radar contact with it over Montana when it got dark and didn't pick it up again until it was over lake Huron this morning. Have we not updated our radar since WWII or what ?
I've been told that slow moving objects are much harder to detect/distinguish. Jets fly at high speed so easy to distinguish between them and recreational hot air balloons, flocks of birds, etc. Spy balloons drifting in the air currents - not so much.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Fair enough. Its an opinion of a polarizing person, so of course people will have varying views.
I think his twitter purchase was largely impulsive as well as many claims and decisions he has made over the last few years. I have always viewed him as a dbag. So currently, he is an impulsive dbag.
Its OK that you view him as a savior to whatever cause you are upset about right now, or that you view him as a mad genius who will go down in history as a peer to Ben Franklin, George Washington Carver, and Thomas Edison.
Unfortunately The Truth can at times be polarizing to those who prefer censorship. Those emails between the FBI & Twitter are real and without a doubt prove government interference into the free speech rights we should all cherish but unfortunately a too high a number these days would just soon abolish the 1A as much as the 2A. IMO, Musk is the greatest philantropist in World History cuz he's smart enough to have known how much money he was gonna lose by exposing The Deep State.

Reactions: WilCoDawg

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
These are all objects launched by SpaceX at the direction of Musk. He is doing it to take the months long criticism away from him and Twitter, while also fueling Twitter use.

Heavy on the **...but nothing would surprise me at this point in life.
Ahh, you are joining the rest of us conspirators! Welcome!

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Unfortunately The Truth can at times be polarizing to those who prefer censorship. Those emails between the FBI & Twitter are real and without a doubt prove government interference into the free speech rights we should all cherish but unfortunately a too high a number these days would just soon abolish the 1A as much as the 2A. IMO, Musk is the greatest philantropist in World History cuz he's smart enough to have known how much money he was gonna lose by exposing The Deep State.
The left is really upset that Musk has opened their closet of propaganda and exposed them. Just think of Hillary's sour puss when Congress questioned her about Bengazi. That's the way they all look with what Musk has exposed. He's screwing with their grand plan.

Reactions: Cantdoitsal

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Yes I am sure all those who invested in his companies and have lost gobs of money due to his seemingly random behavior, comments, and over-leveraging are appreciative of his 'philanthropic' behavior.
I bet all those Twitter employees he fired, especially the ones that were needed to have prevented fires from happening, are also happy he 'philantropized' their jobs away. Im not too sure if all those who footed money for Musk to purchase Twitter are happy with the concept that Musk is a philanthropist due to pissing away their money so far.

As a general rule, I dislike the FBI strongarming any private organization into releasing data. That doesnt mean I should think Musk is a great philanthropist. Musk was going to be sued and lose, if he didnt go thru with the Twitter purchase. You know, the purchase he made on a whim because...well I really dont know why. Maybe thats just what you do when you have that much money.

All this is really quite an aside though. It started because I made a flippant comment about Musk being behind this since it takes the heat off him in the news and allows his product to be used a bunch by journalists and conspiracy goobs. It was a joke by me and I think I made that clear. It should be left at that, but for some reason paindonthurt felt it necessary to incorrectly claim I think Musk is right wing. I have no idea what wing Musk is. Honestly, I think he is whichever wing will get him what he wants in the moment. Now here we are, with you claiming Musk is the world's greatest philanthropist as a defense of me calling him a dbag.
This 17ing place never ceases to amaze.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
The left is really upset that Musk has opened their closet of propaganda and exposed them. Just think of Hillary's sour puss when Congress questioned her about Bengazi. That's the way they all look with what Musk has exposed. He's screwing with their grand plan.
Will you fill me in on this? I genuinely have 0 idea what was exposed and only just now googled about the FBI trying to interfere with getting info from Twitter.
What has Musk exposed? I havent read that Musk exposed anything, but I also dont actively search for crap like that.

Will this all be tied to an infamous laptop? I am guessing it will.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Will you fill me in on this? I genuinely have 0 idea what was exposed and only just now googled about the FBI trying to interfere with getting info from Twitter.
What has Musk exposed? I havent read that Musk exposed anything, but I also dont actively search for crap like that.

Will this all be tied to an infamous laptop? I am guessing it will.
Freedom
He canned the board of Directors and cleared out half the staff at Twitter. He reinstated accounts of real people and killed a bunch of bot like accounts that were pro Biden: Fake Accounts

Last edited:

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I dont post on Twitter, but have an account and read it when I select a link. That usually leads to 5-10min of me looking at other stuff already there.

I still have to scroll past a bunch of advertisements.
I still read insane comparisons and takes from people on the left.
I still read insane comparisons and takes from people on the right.

I am told the right's voice has been amplified. In practice, it never felt muted since I was well aware of all the common claims/outrage issues without even searching for them. But cool- they are no longer muted. In practice, I still havent actually felt like there is a different Twitter now. Again- I still see crazy crap claimed by people who I would label as both left and right leaning.
I guess its a better product for others now? If so, good deal. Its a private company and can improve if it wants. I would question if some of what is now allowed on there is an improvement, but again thats opinion and its OK for us to have different opinions.

Speaking of all this- once again, Twitter is not a free speech platform. It never was and it isnt currently. 'Exposing' how Twitter handled issues 2 years ago is just a company airing its dirty laundry. Twitter is allowed to have TOS, is allowed to change its TOS, and is allowed to interpret and make decisions using its TOS as it sees fit. Thats true for 10 years ago, true for 2 years ago, and true now.
I say this because it seems like you dont have a firm understanding of this and you seem to think Twitter has been nefarious and illegally silencing voices.
Twitter. Truth Social. Mastadon. Parler. Hive Social. Cohost. Tumblr. Instagram.
People can post their crap elsewhere if they dislike Twitter's TOS or how it handles decision making.

Reactions: Ranchdawg

Leeshouldveflanked

Nov 12, 2016
I figure NORAD recalibrated it’s system to detect smaller objects after realizing that ordinary civilians saw that first balloon a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login