Another Leach tribute which I thought was great…

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
I've learned quite a bit about Leach since his death. I knew before he was like a combination of George Patton, George Carlin, Einstein and Genghis Khan but never realized he had so much Mother Theresa in him as well. And as nice a guy as he was, he's one of the last types I would wanna be on the receiving end of his wrath. What an extraordinary combination in just one human being.

Reactions: Badon and PapaDawg

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I knew Leach was a funny, witty, incredibly intelligent guy - but the thing that’s amazed me over this past week is how many people he made a genuine connection to. Not just football people or people related to MSU, but everyone he came in contact with felt they had a personal connection with him. Regardless of what we thought of him as a coach, he was obviously an incredible and unique person that had an impact on so many people from all walks of life. The world, not just college football, needs more people like Mike Leach

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
In a way it's good that we didn't know this side of Mike Leach. Many of us (myself included) would have really been tempted to call him ask "coach could you spare a few minutes to talk to me" ? Til my dying day my main thought about Mike leach will always be "we lost a lot more than just a football coach".

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login