Another pivitol moment this weekend for Howland/State....

thekimmer

Aug 30, 2012
Tomorrow @mississippi is another one of those seasonal make or break games for State that unfortunately have not typically gone well in the Howland era.

A chance to get a momentum win against our arch rival on the road followed with a very winnable game at the hump vs UGA. A chance to bring some life back to the Hump vs Bama in a week. But a loss tomorrow gives us a bad RPI loss and likely sucks the air out of the hump no matter what happens on Wed.

We should have a clear edge in talent but I can't get visions (nightmares) of a 1-3-1 half court press out of my head.

Faustdog

Jun 4, 2007
It’s pivotal in every sense except for the fact that there is plenty of season left to recover from a loss.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
It’s pivotal in every sense except for the fact that there is plenty of season left to recover from a loss.

It’s pivotal from a fan support perspective. And it would also be a bad loss when we currently have zero good wins.

patdog

May 28, 2007
We're in year 7 and still haven't won an NCAA tournament game. I don't think it's the losses to Mississippi that are keeping fan interest at bay.

MSUDC11

Aug 23, 2012
We're in year 7 and still haven't won an NCAA tournament game. I don't think it's the losses to Mississippi that are keeping fan interest at bay.

It certainly hasn’t helped. 5-7 against mostly mediocre to bad Ole Miss teams isn’t going to endear any coach to our fans.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login