Anriel Howard….she strong.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009
Undeniable how strong she is, no way I could lift that fat dude. But, past that its so fake and choreographed enough to make it ridiculous. Look how he stumbles to the ropes, turns around (instead of being pushed back by the ropes) walks over to her raises his arms and jumps into her arms. I'm amazed people spend money, lots of money to watch that crap. Kind of like us paying money, lots of money to watch football in Starkville now....
I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Undeniable how strong she is, no way I could lift that fat dude. But, past that its so fake and choreographed enough to make it ridiculous. Look how he stumbles to the ropes, turns around (instead of being pushed back by the ropes) walks over to her raises his arms and jumps into her arms. I'm amazed people spend money, lots of money to watch that crap. Kind of like us paying money, lots of money to watch football in Starkville now....
You are a thief of joy.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Neither of those shows claimed to be competition. Thats what drives people to continually bring up the fake argument- there are rules and refs and its a competition.

But the refs and idea of competition need to stay because otherwise its just a trashy ballet- storylines that are weak and people dancing around on a stage in tight clothing.
You are a thief of joy.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
I'm assuming she's making mo' rasslin than she would in the WNBA?

She was the last pick in the 2nd round of the draft. Unless you are a high second round pick or better, the odds of lasting more than a season or maybe two in the WNBA are really slim.
Howard was cut from the roster during her first year in the league.

So yeah, any money from WWE/NXT is better than what she would earn in the WNBA.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
She almost definitely is, but she didn't make a WNBA roster out of college, so she started wrasslin'.
Awesome, I'll admit my NBA (W and Regular) knowledge is zero out of ten. I'm assuming Bird and Magic are still the two best players?

• Haha
Reactions: Dawgg

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
Awesome, I'll admit my NBA (W and Regular) knowledge is zero out of ten. I'm assuming Bird and Magic are still the two best players?
Yeah, ultimately, the WNBA is a better gig over time, but she didn't make a roster so it's a moot point. From what I can find, WWE pays NXT talent somewhere between $50,000 and $150,000. By the time they're close to that $150K number, they're usually getting ready to move up to the main roster, where you can make a minimum of $250K and depending on your contract can get into the millions if you're a big star and sell a lot of merchandise. Anriel isn't a top NXT star yet, but she does get decent TV time. I'd guess she's making somewhere in the $70K-$80K range.

The WNBA minimum is $62,285. Since she was drafted in the second round, she would get a little better than that ($65,290). The average salary is about $113K and the league maximum is $235K and only 6 players make that. The primary difference would be that the WNBA is a short season and she could supplement that income by playing overseas. Teaira McCowan, for example, is set to make $195K next season in the WNBA and then about the same playing a season in Turkey. Russia was the highest paying country and WNBA players could make about $1.5 Million, but WNBA players have pretty much stopped going to Russia after the Brittany Griner imprisonment. China was a big destination too ($600K), but I think it declined after Covid.

The Peeper

Feb 26, 2008
I figured Brad , Uncle Vern and Gary can go to Branson, open a theater with old videos and memorabilia and charge old Alabama football fans for admission and autographs and make a fortune

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
I figured Brad , Uncle Vern and Gary can go to Branson, open a theater with old videos and memorabilia and charge old Alabama football fans for admission and autographs and make a fortune
Branson? Meridian.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login