Any possibility of Spurrier Sr. helping Spurrier Jr help with bowl prep.

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
Would be a big help in this sudden transition. The two Spurriers continue with the offense and Arnett continue with the defense till the bowl game.

It’s a big ask to just immediately lump the entire offense onto former assistants in a short time.

Then you have the off-season to get in the groove.

Reactions: ntzdog

Walkthedawg

Oct 3, 2022
No. Why would spurrier senior be helping with the air raid offense?
For a couple of weeks? I’m sure he could be of some assistance. I think he knows enough to help out in a positive way in a pinch.

What I do know is a lot of unexpected assignments have just been dumped on an assistant that didn’t know he was going to be leading the offense just 5 days ago.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
Would be a big help in this sudden transition. The two Spurriers continue with the offense and Arnett continue with the defense till the bowl game.

It’s a big ask to just immediately lump the entire offense onto former assistants in a short time.

If he needs Dad help in his 50's we need help.

Some of these threads are just pure boredom on a Thursday.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011

I’m in my 50’s and rarely does a week go by that I couldn’t use my fathers help. I studied it in a classroom and read multiple books about it but he lived it. Just because he’s old doesn’t mean Spurrier Sr is useless, a lifetime of experience is nothing to marginalize.

ronpolk

May 6, 2009

I hope it’s out of pure boredom. Surely we don’t have people walking around thinking a coach who has not coached in years should jump in a help bowl prep because his 50 year old son is on staff.

She Mate Me

Dec 7, 2008
I’m in my 50’s and rarely does a week go by that I couldn’t use my fathers help. I studied it in a classroom and read multiple books about it but he lived it. Just because he’s old doesn’t mean Spurrier Sr is useless, a lifetime of experience is nothing to marginalize.

I love my Dad, but he's been gone since I was 39. Longer than many get.

Spurrier Sr. was winning NCs in his 50's. Can that kind of excellence be suddenly imparted?

Maybe it's me, but I don't care about this question.

kired

Aug 22, 2008
I hope it’s out of pure boredom. Surely we don’t have people walking around thinking a coach who has not coached in years should jump in a help bowl prep because his 50 year old son is on staff.
Hey, he was just dominating the AAF a few years ago**

• Haha
Reactions: ronpolk

hatfieldms

Feb 20, 2008

Yes. I think Hal Mumme is going to jump in and hell as well. Maybe even Sean Peyton

Moondawgg

Sep 30, 2022
Luke Skywalker Meditation GIF by Star Wars

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login