Any prospects for an Edge DE in the portal

Uncle Ruckus

Apr 1, 2011
We really need to get one or two.
Wouldn't surprise me to see Bookie move to SAM if State can't find one. I may be wrong but I think he was initially there or has played there some when Thompson and Brule were on the team. Bookie there with a combination of Jett, Purvis and Page playing Will and Mike.

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Wouldn't surprise me to see Bookie move to SAM if State can't find one. I may be wrong but I think he was initially there or has played there some when Thompson and Brule were on the team. Bookie there with a combination of Jett, Purvis and Page playing Will and Mike.
And people are forgetting Lewis in that LB mix. He's going to play a lot. Juco guy coming in could possibly DE some too.

dawgnabit

Oct 13, 2016
Don't know about the portal but looks like we might be getting Eric Taylor from JUCO. He's a 6'6 edge rusher at Southwest MS CC. He's listed as an Edge but was recruited as a DT when he signed at LSU as a part of the 2020 class. He doesn't currently have a rating but was a 4* in HS as a DT. Not sure what to expect because he didn't see the field at LSU and appears he went through a position change

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Don't know about the portal but looks like we might be getting Eric Taylor from JUCO. He's a 6'6 edge rusher at Southwest MS CC. He's listed as an Edge but was recruited as a DT when he signed at LSU as a part of the 2020 class. He doesn't currently have a rating but was a 4* in HS as a DT. Not sure what to expect because he didn't see the field at LSU and appears he went through a position change
He played both outside and inside at Southwest.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login