Make of it what you will... Bama can't cheat anymore

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
These types of old stories don’t just come from Miss State fans either.
I watched Woody Woodenhofer beat Alabama twice while at Vandy only to have the officials call back his touchdowns. The refs had an "iron dome" on Alabama's goal line.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
When 18-22 year olds receive monopoly money, the coaching profession takes on a new twist because now there's a new distraction for the players. You have to make them understand they're being paid to win not just paid to play. That's one area where Bama's staff is failing.
Let's hope it continues.

Ranchdawg

Dec 13, 2012
Do you have a cite for your claim that half the Refs are from Alabama. That seems unlikely. And wouldn't moving the SEC office just create a new bias?

The SEC does not allow refs to call games involving a school they attended, a school their spouse or children attended, a school that employs a relative, a school where they have a business relationship, or - if the ref is a former player - a team that employs a refs former coach or teammate (during the Croom era there were a couple of former Bama players who could not officiate MSU games).

Hometown and home state are only considerations for the SEC Championship game.

Refs make bad calls, and it is only human nature to assume there is bias. I believe Hanlon's razor applies: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

What is a more attractive television product: A league where upsets are always possible, or a league where just 1 or 3 teams win all the time? SEC football is an extremely valuable television commodity, and only a fool would risk losing that money - along with likely jail time - by manipulating the outcomes of games.
You mean like the NFL? I am waiting for college football to be reclassified to entertainment like the NFL and the transition will be complete.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login