Anybody been to see "Oppenheimer" or "Sound of Freedom" yet?

horshack.sixpack

Oct 30, 2012
Sound of Freedom was ok as far as movies go. The message was sobering. The action was minimal and the theatrics were just ok. Caviezel was by far the best actor. His supporting cast was less than average if you ask me. However, when you think they only spent 14 million to produce it, it's understandable. IMO, people do need to see it. The reason I think the leftist liberals, the WH, and Hollywood are avoiding the subject like the plague is that they are protecting the participants who are mostly left leaning. It's basically about Epstein's Island. What went on there was grotesque. Child trafficking now leads drug smuggling worldwide. And I think there are a lot of liberal D.C. government creatures and Hollywood biggies that are involved in it and don't want the light to be shown on them.
And to think it all started in the basement of a pizza parlor....

1690226108595.png

ChE1997

Feb 14, 2023
My fat a$$ is spoiled now, so I have to ask, does Oppenheimer have cinematic scenes that NEED to be seen in the theater? A 3 hour flick makes me want to wait until that hits streaming.
The entire soundtrack is a huge part of the movie. and unless you have BIG subwoofers, it won't be the same.

And there are some scenes you'll want to see in the big screen.

Reactions: dorndawg

GloryDawg

Mar 3, 2005
Saw Oppenheimer today. It was very good but didn’t need to be as long as it was. The final act of the movie could’ve been much shorter.

atomic bomb explosion GIF

aTotal360

Nov 12, 2009
Went and saw Oppenheimer. It was ok. They could have shaved 30 mins out of it easily. Too much about politics and love and not enough about the building of the bomb and using it. I didn't really like how they softened the shittyness of communism. In today's Hollywood, that was expected.

bankerbullie

Mar 3, 2008
Sound of Freedom is a very important movie showing the sale of children for slaves all over the world, but most importantly, the largest number of these enslaved children is our own United States..You won't leave without more feeling for this terrible crime being perpetrated on children.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Sound of Freedom is a very important movie showing the sale of children for slaves all over the world, but most importantly, the largest number of these enslaved children is our own United States..You won't leave without more feeling for this terrible crime being perpetrated on children.
Can you provide more context to the bold text?
Are you saying the US has more enslaved children than any other country in the world?

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
My fat a$$ is spoiled now, so I have to ask, does Oppenheimer have cinematic scenes that NEED to be seen in the theater? A 3 hour flick makes me want to wait until that hits streaming.
There is a multi story screen where I live called the "Big D Experience"

I kind of want to see the explosion on it.

Reactions: dorndawg

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Wait, was he really his nephew? I had an Oppenheimer, didn't realize that if its true. There was a husband and wife both with the Oppenheimer name. Was this Frank's children?
Seth was his first name. Yep, I directly asked him once. He would bounce back and forth between the physics and philosophy department.

Pookieray

Oct 14, 2012
Sound of Freedom is a must see. I'm not sure how anyone could call this a political movie from either side of the aisle. It is a very sobering movie. Hard to believe there are so many monstruous people in this world. If you decide to go see it, and I would encourage it, stay until the very end after the credits are over. Some interesting almost unbelievable facts are given.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login