Anybody get any damage last night around Jacktown?

patdog

May 28, 2007
No damage here. But power out all over and don’t even think about trying to get in the Chick Fil A parking lot.

Reactions: josebrown

maroonmadman

Nov 7, 2010
Power out here in Gluckstadt for several hours this morning. Second outage this week. 1.5" of rain in my backyard gauge.

Bulldog45

Oct 2, 2018
Power out since about 5:30 AM in my part of Madison. Still not estimated time for when it will be restored. Just checked the weather and saying severe storms after 9:00PM

patdog

May 28, 2007
Power out since about 5:30 AM in my part of Madison. Still not estimated time for when it will be restored. Just checked the weather and saying severe storms after 9:00PM
I’m right there with you. Probably pretty close. It’s not looking good. Getting pretty toasty in my house and I have an 8:00 tennis match. I’m sure I’ll sleep like sh** in this heat. I feel sorry for my partner.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I thought it was a hurricane there for a while.

Where were you weather boys at to remind us of this about 5 days before it happened, like usual?
There have been severe thunderstorms everywhere especially in Mississippi the biggest thing you guys got to watch out for is hail, high winds, and a lot of rain

Reactions: patdog

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
I’m right there with you. Probably pretty close. It’s not looking good. Getting pretty toasty in my house and I have an 8:00 tennis match. I’m sure I’ll sleep like sh** in this heat. I feel sorry for my partner.
Cold shower is all I can recommend. Or a hotel

I can’t imagine we will get a repeat of last night. Seems like weather generally takes it easy after stuff like that

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Looked like 2 power poles and a tree down just north of the entrance to my neighborhood north of Gluckstadt road. They still haven’t got it fixed. I’m lucky I’m in the back section of the Neighborhood which has power. Front does not.

Cbassreb

Oct 13, 2021
Vicksburg had lots lots of trees down and loss of power for half of Warren County. Really sad deal in Canton.

Attachments

• C184F762-B32F-4322-BF24-570EFE4A4F87.jpeg
    C184F762-B32F-4322-BF24-570EFE4A4F87.jpeg
    451.7 KB · Views: 10

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
I thought it was a hurricane there for a while.

Where were you weather boys at to remind us of this about 5 days before it happened, like usual?
Fortunately, no appreciable damage, just flooded my foyer after winds blew my doors loose and open. 3 locks, and it blew them open raining sideways into the house. But I checked at 5:00 am, I held the doors shut and had towels on the floor till the wind died down, then moved everything around and dried the wood floor the best I could.

The next bad one didn’t open the doors or lay down anymore fence sections. I had all of it rebuilt after big storm 2 years ago. They fixed my doors, incorrectly and cheaply, they used nails too short and Brad nails to build my new fence. Every wind usually blows planks and/or sections down. They came back twice re-fixing their ****** job, now I’m just done with that contractor. So now I’ve loaded my wooden fence up with metal braces to survive windstorms…..my original fence lasted 15 years, the new one didn’t make it 6 months….

josebrown

Aug 4, 2008
Looked like 2 power poles and a tree down just north of the entrance to my neighborhood north of Gluckstadt road. They still haven’t got it fixed. I’m lucky I’m in the back section of the Neighborhood which has power. Front does not.
I was sent a text photo of the Jeep that got the tree fall on it from a friend that saw it happen down the road from my neighborhood. In Gluckstadt. Luckily, my power stayed on this time, glad yours did too!

The Cooterpoot

Sep 29, 2022
Power back on! Those power guys are on it! Lots of trees on lines. 3 phase Transmission lines out are a bad thing.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Power back on! Those power guys are on it! Lots of trees on lines. 3 phase Transmission lines out are a bad thing.
Good chance of more storms later today in Mississippi and in central/south Alabama as well. The storms seem to be unusually severe and frequent in certain areas this year. Plus, it's June, not April.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
Hidey-hoe, neighbor! Same neighborhood. Still sweating it out over here. Looks like they might get it done this evening (hopefully).

Reactions: Curby

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Hidey-hoe, neighbor! Same neighborhood. Still sweating it out over here. Looks like they might get it done this evening (hopefully).
I’m on Wagner. I hope you finally have some relief. Sounds like several houses are now hooked back up.

Reactions: biodawg

patdog

May 28, 2007
Ugh. Just got text from Entergy that is may be Tuesday for some customers to get power. I suspect by “some customers” they mean me.

biodawg

Mar 3, 2008
I’m on Wagner. I hope you finally have some relief. Sounds like several houses are now hooked back up.
We are back up and running. It was an inconvenience, but we made the best of it with the kids. You probably saw us out there this afternoon with the canopy and huge *** fire hydrant water toy

Reactions: Curby

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
It may just be Jackson, it may be everywhere, maybe it’s comfortability/laziness due to air conditioning, but weather really does seem to suck these days. It’s hard to do anything outside anymore.

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
I really feel for those without power. My question is was everything that could be done done to avoid this ? I.E. tree trimming etc etc. I know these were bad storms but the length of these outages seem long for this event.

patdog

May 28, 2007
I really feel for those without power. My question is was everything that could be done done to avoid this ? I.E. tree trimming etc etc. I know these were bad storms but the length of these outages seem long for this event.
I’m guessing not. I can’t remember a weather week plus like this has been. Lot of trees down over a huge area.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
It may just be Jackson, it may be everywhere, maybe it’s comfortability/laziness due to air conditioning, but weather really does seem to suck these days. It’s hard to do anything outside anymore.
Don't know how old you are, but aging has a lot to do with it. My neighbor across the street is completely redoing his landscaping by himself. He's been working by himself, hot or cold, for a couple of months. He's removed every piece of shrubbery in his yard, along with some trees. Yesterday he came home with a couple of those wire containers full of landscaping rocks. Presumably he'll redo the lawn once he's finished with the rest of the makeover since the grass is all trampled down now. He's about 30. I did similar things when I was his age.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
I’m guessing not. I can’t remember a weather week plus like this has been. Lot of trees down over a huge area.
I can't either and it's hitting the same places over and over. I've had essentially nothing - just a few light showers with a total of less than a half inch of rain for the entire month. Approaching thunderstorms just fizzle before they get here. Supposedly tonight and tomorrow will be different.

At least most of us are not in the excessive heat warnings like south Texas and Louisiana.

RocketDawg

Oct 21, 2011
Underground power lines are the answer. But they have to go all the way to the substation.

Ddog

May 24, 2023
Underground can be an answer although not many customers would be willing to pay monthly the cost of doing that. It would cost those customers whose electric service wire comes in overhead a lot of extra money to change the meter base and be able to accept the power from underground wire. The entire conversion process is just not financially feasible. URD makes sense when designing/developing a new subdivision.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login