Anybody remember the spankings USC's given us?

Indndawg

Nov 16, 2005
Tough one

Last edited by a moderator:

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
Beginning of the end. The week after that was the most miserable road trip of my football watching career. Think Grossman had 400 yards passing at halftime.

I still wonder what would have happened had Jackie stepped aside after 2001. Even 2002.

Reactions: Indndawg

dorndawg

Sep 10, 2012
Thought you were gonna tell us Stacy the Sportschick now has an Onlyfans

For you youngsters who may not remember:

Nov 25, 2019
the long hair QB (Tanneyhill) came to Starkville and hung about 40 on us one cold Saturday night. It was brutal.
We sat there and watched the first frost come in.

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
I have two memories of SC games, both bad. One was 2006, we opened the season at home against them, Thursday night ESPN prime time. Quinton Culbertson intercepts the first play of the game and I’m thinking “oh my gosh we might actually be good this year!” We then proceeded to get shut out that week, and then again the next week, and followed that up with a home loss to Tulane.

The other one is 2011. Very good SC team came to Starkville and we either led or were tied for 95% of the game. They got a 3rd and goal late and everyone in the world knows they are throwing a fade to Alshon Jeffery and we decided to cover him with Corey Broomfield who was half his size instead of Banks or Slay. Predictable touchdown. A funny part of that loss is that SC was a 3 point favorite, they led 14-10 and took a safety on the last play of the game to win 14-12. Went from covering to not on a meaningless final play safety.

I was at the 2016 game but don’t remember much about it. I think we did the typical Mullen thing where we jumped out to a lead and then went as conservative as humanly possible, so we won but it wasn’t pretty.

Reactions: knock him out john

MSUDOG24

Mar 31, 2021
I have two memories of SC games, both bad. One was 2006, we opened the season at home against them, Thursday night ESPN prime time. Quinton Culbertson intercepts the first play of the game and I’m thinking “oh my gosh we might actually be good this year!” We then proceeded to get shut out that week, and then again the next week, and followed that up with a home loss to Tulane.

The other one is 2011. Very good SC team came to Starkville and we either led or were tied for 95% of the game. They got a 3rd and goal late and everyone in the world knows they are throwing a fade to Alshon Jeffery and we decided to cover him with Corey Broomfield who was half his size instead of Banks or Slay. Predictable touchdown. A funny part of that loss is that SC was a 3 point favorite, they led 14-10 and took a safety on the last play of the game to win 14-12. Went from covering to not on a meaningless final play safety.

I was at the 2016 game but don’t remember much about it. I think we did the typical Mullen thing where we jumped out to a lead and then went as conservative as humanly possible, so we won but it wasn’t pretty.
The one thing I remember about 2016 is it was stifling hot and couldn't even stand under the tailgate tent. From there, agree it was an unmemorable game and win. Goes without saying I'd take another unmemorable win again on Saturday night.

Moved to Augusta in 92 and what do you know the Dogs are playing right up the road in a first time SEC tilt. Hot as hell that day too and we lost.

OG Goat Holder

Sep 30, 2022
The one thing I remember about 2016 is it was stifling hot and couldn't even stand under the tailgate tent. From there, agree it was an unmemorable game and win. Goes without saying I'd take another unmemorable win again on Saturday night.
Yeah it was a bleh game. We had just lost to South Alabama, but we still knew we were going to beat South Carolina, because Muschump just sucked that bad.

It was Fitz' coming out party.

onewoof

Mar 4, 2008
Yeah it was a bleh game. We had just lost to South Alabama, but we still knew we were going to beat South Carolina, because Muschump just sucked that bad.

It was Fitz' coming out party.
so you are saying we need a running QB to win this one? Great.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login