Anyone else here hearing about a...

MSUCostanza

Jan 10, 2007
I distinctly remember a stink being raised (not just on internet message boards) about where the buyout money came from. Part of it did, in fact, come from the Foundation, and as I recall, he got questioned about it by the press.

KurtRambis4

Aug 30, 2006
that polk's trying to lobby lt to hire raffo and byrne's putting his foot down...this is gonna be a disaster. maron!

Stormrider81

May 1, 2006
It amazes me that people have already forgotten this. This was the event that allowed Doc to fire LT, I don't think there can be any doubt about that. That was his justification for that move. I'm not going to sit here and say that was what made Doc realize LT needed to go or his primary reasoning to himself for making the move, but if you asked him on an official "on the record" basis he would mostly likely bring up the Foundation fiasco. Heck, Doc may have found out about that and then leaked said info in order to fire him, I don't know.</p>

jrg112

Mar 3, 2008
I am down here in McComb and the local news paper had this to say: "Templeton said the timing of the announcement will allow the school "to properly put together a process for the selection of our next head baseball coach." That search will be led by Mississippi State's new athletic director, Greg Byrne." The whole article is here. Take it for what its worth...

Mjoelner

Sep 2, 2006
1. Properly putting together a process for the selection of the next coach (meaning we're not just going to give it to Raffo)

2. Greg Byrne will be leading the search (meaning LT won't good 'ol boy Polk on his way out and automatically name Raffo)

Part of me, hell most of me is still damn scared that we won't have a coach named for a couple of months after Polk leaves and Raffo will be named interim coach.
Most of the time interim = temporary but MSU+interim = its yours until you don't want it any more.

Buffard Tannen

Mar 8, 2008
and let Byrne do his job. He's a big boy and can handle the responsibility otherwords the university wouldn't have hired him. If he has any questions, let him ask his father, he has plenty of experience as an AD. Keeping LT around at this point makes as much since as trying to make fire out of a snowball.

patdog

May 28, 2007
no other paper or any other source I've seen has said that Byrne will be in charge of the search committee. Maybe the McComb paper has the best sources around for things like this, but I think it's probably more likely their reporter just made an assumption and published it. I hope I'm wrong about that.

dawgoneyall

Nov 11, 2007
simply BS. Just damn.

And, he was paid handsomely and he will receive on hell of a retirement check every month. So, he deserves nothing.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login