Anyone ever shot a Yildiz?

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Picked up the o/u 12 gauge today for ***** and giggles. Fixing to go shoot it. Wondering if anyone owns one and what they like/dislike about it

LandDawg

Sep 1, 2009
I’ve shot a couple rounds from a friends yildiz O/U 12.Very nice handling & operating for the price. It was brand new. Don’t own it & know nothing about reliability.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
Decent over under for the price. Turkish made. Academy is the importer. So they are only sold at academy. Good craftsmen ship. It's not like a browning or benelli but it's still nice for the price. Good shooting gun. I worked on the side selling guns for a couple of different companies. Lot of people would buy those for pheasant hunting or clay shooting.

Last edited:

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
I almost bought one years ago. Everything I read said they were fine. Right before I pulled the trigger I stepped into a random pawn shop and found a Stephens SxS for only $200 in almost perfect condition. The only wear on it was the butt plate and the top of the very tip of the barrel the blueing had been rubbed off. Like it had spent it's entire life in a closet. So I just had to get that instead.

kb549

Oct 6, 2014
Taken shots of Jaegermeister, never Yildiz.
Finally learned my senior year that if you took a flask of jaeger to the football game,
1. you didn’t have to buy mixers in *** smelling cups
2. all your “buddies that didn’t bring enough bourbon” didn’t really care to bum from you when you told them what you had
3. It warmed you up pretty good in November.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
Decent over under for the price. Turkish made. Academy is the importer. So they are only sold at academy. Good craftsmen ship. It's not like a browning or benelli but it's still nice for the price. Good shooting gun. I worked on the side spellings guns for a couple of different companies. Lot of people would buy those for pheasant hunting or clay shooting.

It's all about the shooter I spent a lot of time wing shooting with my friend who dove hunted every season when he wasn't working the bird dogs he raised and trained. I spent all my allowance on #8 20 guage shells and only could only afford a Walmart single shot, so I learned one shot a time

Some years later I got invited to go on a dove hunt and I was dropping almost everything I pulled the trigger on. After the hunt the other men who had Brownings or other high dollar guns asked me what I was shooting. They looked kinda offended when I told them it was just a cheap Walmart Pump Mossberg with a Modified
choke. I could always shoot a shotgun well but I couldn't get the broadside of a barn with a rifle until I got a lot of more practice when I got older and finally got my own Remington 30.06 Auto.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
You aren't wrong about that

I was always a firm believer in having one gun that you used and practiced with as much as you could even when I had more guns. My brother believed that as well and even though he collected a lot of different guns, he only hunted with one Browning Auto when we were duck, dove, pheasant, or quail hunting.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
With some people it’s requires a lot of practice and some people are just born with it. I’m a certified gun nut and shoot a good bit. I was born able to shoot a shotgun and I can be respectable with a pistol with practice, but no amount of practice makes me a good rifle shooter. I’ve got an older brother who might have owned four guns in his entire life and probably hasn’t shot a hundred rounds in the past twenty years. He is a natural shooter, he can pick up any gun and outshoot the average shooter. I took him shooting sporting clays a while back. He shows up with his forty year old Mossburg 500 which breaks on the first shot. The rest of the round he shoots random guns in the group we are with and finished second out of 8 shooters.

tacodawg

Jan 2, 2020
Shot a box of light target shells through it today. I’m impressed. Not a bad shot at all. Reviews I read said it has a bad kick but it wasn’t bad at all, granted it was low grade shells.

Give it a 7/10. Had fun with it and see more fun in the future.

Yeti

Feb 20, 2018
I’ve got a Yildez 410…light folds up and fits in a vest …I had SumToy add a turkey choke and dot sight and it’s a really fun turkey gun and good to 45 yards. Kicks like a mule though

NWADawg

May 4, 2016
It's all about the shooter I spent a lot of time wing shooting with my friend who dove hunted every season when he wasn't working the bird dogs he raised and trained. I spent all my allowance on #8 20 guage shells and only could only afford a Walmart single shot, so I learned one shot a time

Some years later I got invited to go on a dove hunt and I was dropping almost everything I pulled the trigger on. After the hunt the other men who had Brownings or other high dollar guns asked me what I was shooting. They looked kinda offended when I told them it was just a cheap Walmart Pump Mossberg with a Modified
choke. I could always shoot a shotgun well but I couldn't get the broadside of a barn with a rifle until I got a lot of more practice when I got older and finally got my own Remington 30.06 Auto.

My dad used to reach birds with a 20 that others couldn't get to with expensive 12s. His gun was a .....Sears brand. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the gun that was good.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
My dad used to reach birds with a 20 that others couldn't get to with expensive 12s. His gun was a .....Sears brand. I'm pretty sure it wasn't the gun that was good.

I love to have a good 20 gauge automatic just for bird hunting.

I probably couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a bass fiddle today since I haven't shot in a long time but I might this fall. I was talking to a neighbor in my new neighborhood and he knows of some dove leases I can hook up with and says there's a public land place I could get some good regular and handicap hunts on and he would help me get out there. I almost want to dove hunt more than anything else. There is no quail hunting and I couldn't do it anyway.

Mobile Bay

Jul 26, 2020
Meanwhile as a kid my dad taught me to shoot a rifle well enough to qualify for the United States Marines. I still think I could bust out my Garand and come close to that today. But I can't shoot a shotgun for ****.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
ATA is trash. So many issues. Lots of complaints. They stopped selling them for a little while. Tristar is kind of new for them. Haven't messed with it. Hatfields have been reliable.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Tristar has been around for years and are pretty good guns. I have a friend that’s a pretty big Sporting Clays shooter. He bought one on a whim and likes it. He said it, automatic, shoots as well as his regular guns. He has Benellis and Berretas but gets a kick out of kicking our butts with a $400 gun. He bought a Tristar copy of a Benelli M4 for home defense and he can afford anything.

bankerbullie

Mar 3, 2008
Vildiz shotguns

Picked up the o/u 12 gauge today for ***** and giggles. Fixing to go shoot it. Wondering if anyone owns one and what they like/dislike about it

I have 4 of them in different gauges..very well made and shooting shotguns..my 20 gauge is my all time favorite(wish I could find some shells for it)

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login