Anyone headed to Las Vegas soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
You have to think that our modern mobility would allow us to out pace whatever climate shift happens. I mean if it keeps heating up, it seems that some northern climates all of a sudden get more agriculturally productive?
I'm more worried about it getting colder than hotter. We can deal with heat, but when the world starts getting colder (and it will at some point) mass extinction will occur. Just a few degrees colder, as it was in the little ice age, can have a devastating effect on agriculture and livestock.

Mr. Cook

Nov 4, 2021
Hot in the summer in Vegas?

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF
lauren hashian win GIF

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
Perhaps my comments were a bit too casual, but I am a pretty simple man. The weather channel has access to the best science available to anyone and my experience is that when they say it’s going to rain tomorrow and me flipping a coin have about the same accuracy. I suspect that man has certainly impacted the weather but how much of it would have happened anyway? I am sure there will be debates on this until it turns cold again in 80,000 years and then we will be glad that we are not as cold. Just joking of course. We just have to live our lives and make responsible decisions when possible and within reason to minimize our impact here on Mother Earth.
Weather and climate are not the same thing. Extreme temperatures may not mean the world is ending, but it is news worth reporting.

I don't know how much impact man has had on our current climate status, but I'm not a climatologist. However, I do know if man is not the cause of the climate change, then there is nothing we can do about it. Also, if man is the cause of it, there is nothing we will do about it.

So let's just stop listening to angry little Swedish girls and buy some frozen real estate in Canada.

skipperDawg

Dec 23, 2023
We were in Vegas about four weeks ago. Been there many times, mostly doing trade shows for work, but this last trip was just for fun. Unless you are in a taxi line or going to the pool, not much reason to be outside. The Eagles are playing the Sphere for 8 shows in October and we are thinking about going back. That would be awesome.
$600 bucks for 1cheap seat?
Saw them in Tupelo twice for $75 per seat.
Great show

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
There’s some truth here, but the climate is no doubt warming very quickly due to fossil fuels. We’ve actually seen more warming in the last 10 to 15 years than we saw in the 100 years before. People think that the relationship between carbon levels and temp is a line - it’s not, it’s a curve. We’re starting to go up that curve. That was all built into the Paris numbers and we’re going to blow through them.
And Im not disagreeing that it’s warming, it is, but some of these climate policy decisions are like cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face to try to meet some arbitrary number that probably means absolutely nothing.

Should we work to eliminate fossil fuel usage? Absolutely but you’ve got to be a little smarter about it than what’s happened so far.

TNDawg1

Oct 21, 2023
If 350,000,000 Americans cut down on comfort then it’s going to cool down. Especially the 50-60,000,000 cranky rednecks in flyover country.

Pilgrimdawg

Aug 30, 2018
This is not true.
Well, I haven’t done an in depth analysis of it, but I am curious about things like this and have noticed over the years that a ton of the old records are in 1954 and 1957, especially 1954, the year that I was born. You seen to be confident in your opinion so I bow to your superior expertise. Going to buy some diesel fuel and burn fossil fuels bush hogging for awhile.

patdog

May 28, 2007
You have to think that our modern mobility would allow us to out pace whatever climate shift happens. I mean if it keeps heating up, it seems that some northern climates all of a sudden get more agriculturally productive?
There's an awful lot of expensive infrastructure, houses and buildings that would have to be left behind if it comes down to having to relocate a lot of people. I do tend to agree that as some areas get less productive agriculturally, others could become more productive. However, that wouldn't be a smooth transition at all. I figure we'll muddle through and most will survive the next 100-200 years, but it won't be easy or cheap. I think war and epidemic diseases are much bigger threats than global warming right now.

patdog

May 28, 2007
And Im not disagreeing that it’s warming, it is, but some of these climate policy decisions are like cutting off one’s nose to spite one’s face to try to meet some arbitrary number that probably means absolutely nothing.

Should we work to eliminate fossil fuel usage? Absolutely but you’ve got to be a little smarter about it than what’s happened so far.
No doubt. We may never be able to totally wean off fossil fuels. That shouldn't even be a consideration right not. We need to make sensible moves to reduce usage, like hybrid vehicles and nuclear power plants.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
If you ever get a chance, ask a climate warrior what the overall effect on life on earth of warm periods vs cold periods is.
Oh God, not this Boomer idiocy again.

Yeah, if the models are correct, in 1 million years there will probably be more biomass on Earth than now, due to more heat. But the disruption will cause mass extinctions and biosphere collapses in our lifetimes. But yeah, in a million years more life! Great point, great addition to the conversation.**

• Haha
Reactions: L4Dawg

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Yeah, if the models are correct, in 1 million years there will probably be more biomass on Earth than now, due to more heat. But the disruption will cause mass extinctions and biosphere collapses in our lifetimes. But yeah, in a million years more life! Great point, great addition to the conversation.**
So basically what’s happened on earth from the beginning. Got it.

There 👏 is 👏 no 👏 climate 👏 stasis 👏

Reactions: Anon1704414204

thatsbaseball

May 29, 2007
Nah. It implies that a changing climate is happening and anyone who argues that is damn near flat earth status. However, it is perfectly reasonable to have disagreements about what, if anything, will help, should be done to combat it, whatever. Extra points if you get your science and medical info from scientists and medical professionals and not your political party.
Is it just a coincidence that the vast majority of these "scientist and medical professionals" that are promoting the idea that main reason for the earth's warming is fossil fuels all seem to be affiliated with the same political party ?

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
So basically what’s happened on earth from the beginning. Got it.

There 👏 is 👏 no 👏 climate 👏 stasis 👏
More Boomer idiocy. There's no crime stasis either. Doesn't mean crime waves driven by bad policy can't happen.

It's not the change. It's the RATE of change. It's never been seen before, it's absolutely globally damaging, and only fat and content Boomers would think it's a good point to point out that "the climate has always changed" as if that's any sort of insight at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login