Anyone know if we will be in any early season baseball "classics" this spring?

Dawgg

Sep 9, 2012
I can't find anywhere that it's been announced. I checked the early season tournaments that I knew about off the top of my head and/or could easily Google, but State isn't listed in any of them:

Frisco will have Alabama, Arizona, Indiana, and DBU.

Arlington will actually have 3 weekends this time and includes Baylor, Tennessee, OU, Oregon, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Michigan, OK State, Arkansas, Oregon State, Texas A&M, USC, TCU and Arizona State.

Houston will have Texas, LSU, Texas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Vanderbilt, and Houston.

Round Rock will have Kansas, Kentucky, Texas State, and Washington State.

Jacksonville will have Virginia, Auburn, Iowa, and Wichita State (first year for this one. seems kind of weird to have no Florida teams)

Arizona will have New Mexico, Oregon State, Minnesota, CSU Bakersfield

Swig & Swine in Charleston, SC - only Iowa has announced they're playing in it.

AstroDog

Oct 5, 2022
I can't find anywhere that it's been announced. I checked the early season tournaments that I knew about off the top of my head and/or could easily Google, but State isn't listed in any of them:

Frisco will have Alabama, Arizona, Indiana, and DBU.

Arlington will actually have 3 weekends this time and includes Baylor, Tennessee, OU, Oregon, Texas Tech, Nebraska, Michigan, OK State, Arkansas, Oregon State, Texas A&M, USC, TCU and Arizona State.

Houston will have Texas, LSU, Texas State, Louisiana-Lafayette, Vanderbilt, and Houston.

Round Rock will have Kansas, Kentucky, Texas State, and Washington State.

Jacksonville will have Virginia, Auburn, Iowa, and Wichita State (first year for this one. seems kind of weird to have no Florida teams)

Arizona will have New Mexico, Oregon State, Minnesota, CSU Bakersfield

Swig & Swine in Charleston, SC - only Iowa has announced they're playing in it.
Who will the "Biloxi Blast" have this year?

MSUDC11-2.0

Sep 29, 2022
Could be like 2022 where we don’t play in a tournament but just have a nonconference road series against someone. Or heck I’ve seen us have years where we don’t play a single road game until SEC play. I wouldn’t really like that but it’s happened before.

patdog

May 28, 2007
Could be like 2022 where we don’t play in a tournament but just have a nonconference road series against someone. Or heck I’ve seen us have years where we don’t play a single road game until SEC play. I wouldn’t really like that but it’s happened before.
I’m going to guess a very home heavy, RPI light early schedule to build up some early wins.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login