Anyone use Stub Hub to purchase PS tickets…?

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
Looking at the website and I see very reasonable prices.
Then a strange thing that makes me question the validity.
Gives the row number, then says seats 10, 11, 12. Every time I’ve attended the Beav, it’s either all even or all odd seat numbers.
Am I missing something?
TIA

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
You are not. When buying resale I only use the home team’s official reseller, which is Ticketmaster (unfortunately) is PSU’s case.

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
You are not. When buying resale I only use the home team’s official reseller, which is Ticketmaster (unfortunately) is PSU’s case.
Out of idle curiosity: would most Big Ten teams have Ticketmaster as their official seller?

nittanymoops

Oct 31, 2021
Out of idle curiosity: would most Big Ten teams have Ticketmaster as their official seller?
A quick check reveals:

PSU, tOSU, Oregon: Ticketmaster
Twerps, I0wa, Gophers, Wisky, Nebby, Michigan, Sparty, Indy, Boilers, Rutgres, Illini, NW, UCLA, USC, Washington: Seatgeek

Disclaimer: This was a quick internet check. Several of these seem to be solidly confirmed, but others I'm not 100% certain of the current status of the contracts. (Also, for example, I used Stubhub for Ann Arbor two years ago but they signed with Seatgeek recently). Hope this helps, and if anyone has better, confirmed info I am glad to be corrected.

Finally, the B1G uses TicketSmarter as their official reseller for their events and championships.

Reactions: OhioLion

LionJim

Oct 12, 2021
A quick check reveals:

PSU, tOSU, Oregon: Ticketmaster
Twerps, I0wa, Gophers, Wisky, Nebby, Michigan, Sparty, Indy, Boilers, Rutgres, Illini, NW, UCLA, USC, Washington: Seatgeek

Disclaimer: This was a quick internet check. Several of these seem to be solidly confirmed, but others I'm not 100% certain of the current status of the contracts. (Also, for example, I used Stubhub for Ann Arbor two years ago but they signed with Seatgeek recently). Hope this helps, and if anyone has better, confirmed info I am glad to be corrected.

Finally, the B1G uses TicketSmarter as their official reseller for their events and championships.
Thanks for taking the time.

JWB389

Oct 7, 2021
Looking at the website and I see very reasonable prices.
Then a strange thing that makes me question the validity.
Gives the row number, then says seats 10, 11, 12. Every time I’ve attended the Beav, it’s either all even or all odd seat numbers.
Am I missing something?
TIA
You are correct re: odd and even. They are opposite sides of the aisle. I explain that to people about 10 times each game.

yeahtoasty

Oct 12, 2021
I bought my seats from StubHub for the UCLA game, and the listing showed exactly the same thing you’re experiencing.

I had very clearly set the filter to “2 tickets”, and the listing consistently showed three (with an even number, 18, between the two seats I wanted which were 17 and 19. The description and price were only for two tickets though, and when I put them in my cart only 17 and 19 were in the cart, as I wanted, and the price was correct for only two tickets.

Weird but it did work as expected in spite of the error in the listing.

OhioLion

Oct 12, 2021
I bought my seats from StubHub for the UCLA game, and the listing showed exactly the same thing you’re experiencing.

I had very clearly set the filter to “2 tickets”, and the listing consistently showed three (with an even number, 18, between the two seats I wanted which were 17 and 19. The description and price were only for two tickets though, and when I put them in my cart only 17 and 19 were in the cart, as I wanted, and the price was correct for only two tickets.

Weird but it did work as expected in spite of the error in the listing.
Thanks.
I pulled the chain and went with them to purchase.
Correct price and the 2 seats I wanted.
Dang, those “fees” are painful.
Now for a parking pass - OH! Same $77 service fee!!
Hopefully, my post in the ticket thread comes through.

jp3272

Dec 26, 2021
I bought Kent St tickets through stubhub. The purchase was no problem. I was however unable to add the tickets to my apple wallet. Upon entry to the stadium, I had to try 3x or 4x to connect to the stubhub app to view my tickets when I finally could, I just kept swiping between tickets to keep the barcodes visible.

Latest posts

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login