Anyone watching True Detective?

greenbean.sixpack

Oct 6, 2012
The first episode of season 4 was really good.
Just watched Season One, Episode One, (actually only 1/2 way through) it's off to a great start. My first thought is the killer is either Woody or Matthew (likely Woody as he is outwardly the more normal one).

Reactions: eckie1

POTUS

Sep 29, 2022
Just watched Season One, Episode One, (actually only 1/2 way through) it's off to a great start. My first thought is the killer is either Woody or Matthew (likely Woody as he is outwardly the more normal one).
If this is a troll, it’s well done. But if it’s not, congrats anyway because it’s one of the best seasons of television ever.

DawgatAuburn

Apr 25, 2006
Jodie Foster was great in the first episode. Made me think about her career. She's had a good one. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

DawgInThe256

Feb 18, 2011
Started it last night. I've watched all seasons except 2, which seems to be universally hated.

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006
Not yet, but my wife and I will be starting it soon. She's never seen any of the prior seasons, though, so I'm trying to figure out whether I need to get her to at least watch season 1 first or not.

Dawgbite

Nov 1, 2011
Were about four episodes deep in season two, I’m still lost. Season one was excellent.

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
No I don't currently have Max. I rotate services. Anyone watch season 5 of Fargo(FX/Hulu)? I liked the first couple of seasons but this series has slowly declined imo. The first season with Billy Bob Thornton was the best.

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
I thought it was good. I’m also very appreciative that in a show called Night Country, it almost has a fluorescent, neon lighting to it. I can not stand shows or movies that take place at night and are so dark you can barely see anything on the screen.

yea yea, pay 2k for a tv with better black levels. I get it. But I shouldn’t have to have a top of the line tv to see decent 4k content that isn’t washed out and difficult to see.

Reactions: dorndawg

RockyDog

Jan 2, 2023
No I don't currently have Max. I rotate services. Anyone watch season 5 of Fargo(FX/Hulu)? I liked the first couple of seasons but this series has slowly declined imo. The first season with Billy Bob Thornton was the best.
I never watched the previous seasons but I’m enjoying this one. Juno Temple and Hamm are really good. I can’t stand Jennifer Jason Leigh’s accent tho. For a show set in the Minnesota/Dakotas she sounds like she’s using a Massachusetts Kennedy accent

Reactions: Dawg1976

Dawg1976

Aug 22, 2012
I never watched the previous seasons but I’m enjoying this one. Juno Temple and Hamm are really good. I can’t stand Jennifer Jason Leigh’s accent tho. For a show set in the Minnesota/Dakotas she sounds like she’s using a Massachusetts Kennedy accent
Go back and watch season 1. Of course if you don't like Thornton it may not be for you.

Reactions: columbiadawg2

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I watched season 1 back when it came out. Watched season 2 a few weeks ago and currently halfway through 3. Did watch the first episode of season 4. I didn’t hate 2, but I thought the payoff at the end sucked. 3 is really good so far. I liked episode 1 of 4 but hope it’s not over the top supernatural

drexeldog23

Dec 2, 2022
man i LOVE True Detective. not going out on a limb here but season 1 was incredible. it doesn't come close to touching season 1 but I am one of the few who actually liked season 2. i wasn't really excited about season 4 because, i know, im an a - - - - - e, the thought of a 60 something female lead character didn't do much for me. saw the 1st episode Sunday and i freaking loved it!!! can't wait for this Sunday. kinda weird having to wait a week in between eps. haven't done that in a while.

macpappy

Aug 8, 2010
Not yet, but my wife and I will be starting it soon. She's never seen any of the prior seasons, though, so I'm trying to figure out whether I need to get her to at least watch season 1 first or not.
I wish I could have watched the others before season 1. There is just no way to top Season 1, so everything is a let down after it.

Reactions: IBleedMaroonDawg

Forrest4Moore

Nov 14, 2011
Season 1 of True Detective is the single greatest season of television in history. The two leads, the plot, character development, the tie in to Cajun country… and the incredible undercover scene in Texas.

Also, the foreshadowing of casting Daddario and the role the middle consonants of that last name play into an *huge* moment.**

11thEagleFan

Sep 6, 2015
I concur with others in that Season 1 of True Detective might actually be the best limited series in the history of television.

Skipped Season 2, like others have said, it’s almost universally hated.

Watched Season 3 and thought it was “good” but didn’t come close to matching Season 1.

Just watched the first episode of Season 4 and I’m very invested. Jodie Foster is great. The atmosphere is great. Love the callbacks to Season 1, hopefully there’s some kind of tie-in. It’s overtly supernatural so far, which is different. But I’m a horror fan too so I don’t mind.

mcdawg22

Sep 18, 2004
Season 1 of True Detective is the single greatest season of television in history. The two leads, the plot, character development, the tie in to Cajun country… and the incredible undercover scene in Texas.

Also, the foreshadowing of casting Daddario and the role the middle consonants of that last name play into an *huge* moment.**
I love True Detective but BB final season is #1 in my books. For those new to TD 1,3,4 and just skip 2. Fargo 1,2, 3 is bearable, and 5.

columbiadawg2

Feb 2, 2010
Just started last night and I'm hooked already.

For the Fargo viewers, I thought this season wasn't their best but still a good show. Things really pick up in the final few episodes and Hamm is fantastic.

Reactions: mcdawg22

jdbulldog

Oct 27, 2007
Season One is a must.

eckie1

Jun 23, 2007
I watched season 1 back when it came out. Watched season 2 a few weeks ago and currently halfway through 3. Did watch the first episode of season 4. I didn’t hate 2, but I thought the payoff at the end sucked. 3 is really good so far. I liked episode 1 of 4 but hope it’s not over the top supernatural
I went back and watched season 2, and I enjoyed it much more around this time. When it first came out, I remember it being a huge disappointment…. But it really followers one of the most legendary seasons a TV show has ever had.

Season 3 was okay, until the ending. I’m not gonna spoil it for you.

I don’t know what to think about season 4 just yet, but I’m definitely gonna watch all of it. Sucks that we have to wait a week between episodes!

ZombieKissinger

May 29, 2013
I went back and watched season 2, and I enjoyed it much more around this time. When it first came out, I remember it being a huge disappointment…. But it really followers one of the most legendary seasons a TV show has ever had.

Season 3 was okay, until the ending. I’m not gonna spoil it for you.

I don’t know what to think about season 4 just yet, but I’m definitely gonna watch all of it. Sucks that we have to wait a week between episodes!
Finished season 3 yesterday, and I agree. I liked both 2 and 3 but thought both endings were bad.

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login