Anyone with any info on the shooting at KFC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
It doesn't matter what the subject is; he's a member of those usual suspects that you can count on making the posts crafted for the leftist answer to any opinion. They will make more posts than you can ever believe, and they will always seem to have the time and energy to respond with more enthusiasm, tone, and word count than you can imagine.

DS has to have giant 8K flat screens in every room solely because of their total post count.

And they will always tell you what a moron you are, without fail.
Or maybe I just respond with insight to posts that lack it.

It's not my fault that the right has attracted a lot of idiots who love to act smart and insult people actually smarter than them. Usually I ignore them, but occasionally they deserve to be put in their place. If others did it more often we'd probably have a better country.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
So, there's not actually any evidence that this is true. At least not that I've found. If you have a study that shows differently, I'd sincerely like to read it.

The few independent studies I've seen show that, if anything, crime rates in tough on crime areas are generally higher than in supposed soft on crime areas. Though, in fairness, the general consensus is that those tough on crime areas have higher rates of crime because they start expanding the number of things that are criminal offenses. Marijuana possession is the easy example. If one area decriminalizes possession, it's going to have a lower crime rate than a similar area that criminalizes possession.

But, in general, being tough on crime doesn't reduce crime because by definition, you can only be "tough" on it after it's already happened. Mississippi and Louisiana have the highest rates of incarceration per capita in the country. If being tough on crime reduced crime rates, those two states also wouldn't rank at the top of the violent crime statistics. But they do.

As has been discussed ad nauseam, crime generally maps pretty consistently to socioeconomic data. A tough sheriff or tough DA doesn't change that socioeconomic data.
Didn’t read your mile long post.

If you think there are a significant number of countries with better standard of living vs USA as it pertains to crime. Name them.

If you don’t, it’s not important.

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009

It's not my fault that the right has attracted a lot of idiots who love to act smart and insult people actually smarter than them. Usually I ignore them, but occasionally they deserve to be put in their place. If others did it more often we'd probably have a better country.
Who did I insult in my 2 original replies that you replied to?

paindonthurt

Jun 27, 2009
I never have, dumbass. And hey, there you are saying Parchman is coddling. And your take is beyond stupid. Do you really think you have some great insight, that being tough as shite on criminals may reduce crime? Newsflash you imbecile, WE KNOW. But there are other considerations that the rest of us are taking into account, rather than ignoring because a nuanced take would be hard. For example, our justice system is not actually that great at determining who is innocent and who is guilty. You ok with these harsh measures on those who are wrongly convicted?
I haven’t used the word parchman in any of my posts other than replying to you.

No wonder you are dumb. You can’t read.

Reactions: MagnoliaHunter

LordMcBuckethead

Sep 30, 2022
We know where boom boom stands politically, so it’s no surprise that he thinks criminals should have more rights than law-abiding citizens.
Everyone in this country has the same rights as everyone else until they are convicted in a court of law. Why? Cause we are 17n the United States of America, that is 17n why.

You want public executions, like the Taliban? I will let you die on that hill by yourself, bud. When it comes to murders in the 1st degree, there shouldn't be an adult/child differentiation.

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
I haven’t used the word parchman in any of my posts other than replying to you.

No wonder you are dumb. You can’t read.
Oh, so the place where our state sends its worst criminals doesn't apply to your statements about how we treat our criminals?

Idiot.

• Sad

Boom Boom

Sep 29, 2022
Who did I insult in my 2 original replies that you replied to?
You've been replying to my posts for weeks with nothing other than to call me stupid. Are you so addled that you forgot, or so dishonest that you're going to ignore it?

Seinfeld

Nov 30, 2006

For the record, I have no allegiance to either side which is one of many reasons that I stay out of these chats. That said, this may be one of the most narcissistic posts I’ve read in 15 years on SixPack. Congrats on that

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007

It must be really hard to be that ******* awesome

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Everyone in this country has the same rights as everyone else until they are convicted in a court of law. Why? Cause we are 17n the United States of America, that is 17n why.

You want public executions, like the Taliban? I will let you die on that hill by yourself, bud. When it comes to murders in the 1st degree, there shouldn't be an adult/child differentiation.
Says someone who is probably a “Defund the Police“ guy

where in my comments did I defend the idea of public executions?

Last edited:

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
For the record, I have no allegiance to either side which is one of many reasons that I stay out of these chats. That said, this may be one of the most narcissistic posts I’ve read in 15 years on SixPack. Congrats on that
It has to be a troll. Has to.

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
It doesn't matter what the subject is; he's a member of those usual suspects that you can count on making the posts crafted for the leftist answer to any opinion. They will make more posts than you can ever believe, and they will always seem to have the time and energy to respond with more enthusiasm, tone, and word count than you can imagine.

DS has to have giant 8K flat screens in every room solely because of their total post count.

And they will always tell you what a moron you are, without fail.

I've seen you complain about this a few times in recent weeks.
I thing its worth considering who starts these contentious threads. Perhaps complain about the posters who turn a thread political/argumentative.

Yes yes, word count is obviously referencing me. And yeah, I have posted in response to some of your comments before. You don't like it, and I'm guessing that's because I point out errors in your reasoning. It isn't fun to be wrong.

Anyways, if you are really sick of seeing a few 'leftist' comments in a sea of circlejerk consensus posts, you are more delicate than I figured. 'Oh my virgin eyes have been attacked by counterpoints that I can't possibly process! Make it stop!'
If you actually want it to stop- call out the people in each thread that turn it political.

I don't think you want it to stop. I think you like taking a hollow moral stance and virtuesignaling. <--- was that the 2020 overused and misused word of the year, or 2019? I can't remember.

Reactions: FQDawg

mstateglfr

Feb 24, 2008
Says someone who is probably a “Defund the Police“ guy

where in my comments did I defend the idea of public executions?
Isn't defunding the police a thing on the right now?
I've read and heard comments from the right that police can't be trusted, police are spying on citizens, the fbi is corrupt and should be eliminated, Yada Yada.

It's a dumb view, regardless of who is saying it.

Last edited:
  • Sad

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
Why is it impossible for anyone in this country to carry on a respectful discussion with anyone of a different viewpoint? I love talking to liberals. There are so few of them where I live and work that I find their viewpoints fascinating. I disagree with them frequently, but usually their thought process comes from a good place. Same goes for conservatives. The problem is all that matters now is defeating the other side. Doesnt matter what you accomplish as long as you trample your “enemy” before you. The fact that both sides think the other side wakes up and goes “what can i do to destroy the country today” is beyond ridiculous. Also, every “democrat” is not sitting on home trying to find ways to abort your baby and turn your boy into a girl no more than every “republican’ is trying to force everyone to buy a grenade launcher and to lock all immigrants in cages. The fact that both sides lap that kind of crap up from whatever “news” source they choose is the most frustrating thing about this. And for the record, i dropped political labels for myself a long time ago. They are all so full of sh*t i didn’t want my name associated with anY of them,.

DesotoCountyDawg

Nov 16, 2005
Why is it impossible for anyone in this country to carry on a respectful discussion with anyone of a different viewpoint? I love talking to liberals. There are so few of them where I live and work that I find their viewpoints fascinating. I disagree with them frequently, but usually their thought process comes from a good place. Same goes for conservatives. The problem is all that matters now is defeating the other side. Doesnt matter what you accomplish as long as you trample your “enemy” before you. The fact that both sides think the other side wakes up and goes “what can i do to destroy the country today” is beyond ridiculous. Also, every “democrat” is not sitting on home trying to find ways to abort your baby and turn your boy into a girl no more than every “republican’ is trying to force everyone to buy a grenade launcher and to lock all immigrants in cages. The fact that both sides lap that kind of crap up from whatever “news” source they choose is the most frustrating thing about this. And for the record, i dropped political labels for myself a long time ago. They are all so full of sh*t i didn’t want my name associated with anY of them,.
I’m right there with you but that’s just the world we live in. There’s a line drawn in the sand and if you don’t agree with me then you’re evil.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I've seen you complain about this a few times in recent weeks.
I thing its worth considering who starts these contentious threads. Perhaps complain about the posters who turn a thread political/argumentative.

Yes yes, word count is obviously referencing me. And yeah, I have posted in response to some of your comments before. You don't like it, and I'm guessing that's because I point out errors in your reasoning. It isn't fun to be wrong.

Anyways, if you are really sick of seeing a few 'leftist' comments in a sea of circlejerk consensus posts, you are more delicate than I figured. 'Oh my virgin eyes have been attacked by counterpoints that I can't possibly process! Make it stop!'
If you actually want it to stop- call out the people in each thread that turn it political.

I don't think you want it to stop. I think you like taking a hollow moral stance and virtuesignaling. <--- was that the 2020 overused and misused word of the year, or 2019? I can't remember.
I'm sorry I missed you.

IBleedMaroonDawg

Nov 12, 2007
I don't mind arguing. A good debate where you laughed and shook hands when it was over was always fun. Sometimes you might learn something. It's just that constantly being condescending *** gets old because you're only going to win the argument with yourself when you piss people off instead of trying to talk with them. But that is the art of debate now. Piss people off. Attack their intellect constantly, and continue to tell them that they have to be stupid not to agree with you because you're stupid.

From now on, I'll try to do a better job of sticking to the sports threads.

Reactions: MSUGUY

HailStout

Jan 4, 2020
I don't mind arguing. A good debate where you laughed and shook hands when it was over was always fun. Sometimes you might learn something. It's just that constantly being condescending *** gets old because you're only going to win the argument with yourself when you piss people off instead of trying to talk with them. But that is the art of debate now. Piss people off. Attack their intellect constantly, and continue to tell them that they have to be stupid not to agree with you because you're stupid.

From now on, I'll try to do a better job of sticking to the sports threads.
This is all Lemonis’s fault. He’s made us turn on each other like animals

ababyatemydingo

Nov 27, 2008
Glfr is about the only one of them on here that can carry on a discussion with you without calling you an idiot and having the discussion devolve into a quagmire. FQ is a close second. The rest just get way too angry and vent vitriol

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
Good lord that's dumb.
Not Really. I've softened some on my zeal for the death penalty in my older years but this would indeed reduce heinous crimes. I still like the idea of Singapore Canning in rare instances where the perp avoids the death penalty but starts his life sentence Singapore Style.

Last edited:

Curby

Aug 23, 2012
Isn't defunding the police a thing on the right now?
I've read and heard comments from the right that police can't be trusted, police are spying on citizens, the fbi is corrupt and should be eliminated, Yada Yada.

It's a dumb view, regardless of who is saying it.
Police depts and Border control are strained to the point of their job and purpose being hampered.

And the FBI and DOJ have been weaponized against conservatives and MAGA.

Cantdoitsal

Sep 26, 2022
No I don't, and it's dumb to have concluded that.

Pro tip, in court, the only difference between a "criminal" and a "law-abiding citizen" is an assertion of the State. And how much is that worth? Protecting the rights of citizens means protecting the rights of criminals. Can't have one without the other.

Now, as for the convicted, they have very few rights, certainly far less than citizens. But they still have some rights. And besides, how we treat them speaks to our own decency and morals, and in aggregate has consequences.
Did I just kinda agree with you or am I drunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login