AP poll

18IsTheMan

Jan 19, 2022
FSU out. Clemson fell 11 spots to 25. GaTech up to 23. FSU didn’t even get a single vote.

Five of top 10 are SEC.

will110

Joined Aug 17, 2018
Jan 20, 2022
Looking for Tech's AP poll history led me to Carolina's...we've only been ranked in the final AP poll 10 times. Just another reminder of the sheer pitifulness of Gamecock football.

Reactions: 92Pony

gamecock stock

Jan 21, 2022
Looking for Tech's AP poll history led me to Carolina's...we've only been ranked in the final AP poll 10 times. Just another reminder of the sheer pitifulness of Gamecock football.
3 times...Spurrier
1 time Beamer
2 times Holtz
2 times Morrison.

Who am I leaving out?

Sep 12, 2022
According to the Postman, President Richard Starkey spoke from the Capitol, in Minneapolis, to let people know, "Things are getting better, getting better all the time."

Reactions: Myrtlecock

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
It's hard to believe Carolina didn't give up football.

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
Neither has Vandy. 🙂
Vandy was actually a strong program a long time ago. They have 14 conference championships in football up until the late 1920s. They joined the SEC in 1932 and that sort of ended their time of being consistently good. They have 6 national championships from way back and 8 undefeated seasons. Vandy is a private school with only 7100 undergrads so I think they do pretty well considering what they have to work with.

Reactions: Gamecock Jacque

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Vandy was actually a strong program a long time ago. They have 14 conference championships in football up until the late 1920s. They joined the SEC in 1932 and that sort of ended their time of being consistently good. They have 6 national championships from way back and 8 undefeated seasons. Vandy is a private school with only 7100 undergrads so I think they do pretty well considering what they have to work with.
They joined the SEC the same year my parents were born. Sewanee used to be good too. They still play football also but I think Division III.

Piscis

Aug 31, 2024
That and the money.
Money from sports is not much of a consideration for Vandy. They are loaded with endowment money. That is one reason their baseball team is usually good. They aren't limited by the number of scholarships available due to Title IX. They give out as many full rides as they want to in the form of grants and academic scholarships so they don't count in the Title IX calculation.

Their endowment is something like $10B. In comparison, South Carolina's endowment is $989 million.

Gamecock Jacque

Joined Dec 20, 2020
Jan 30, 2022
Money from sports is not much of a consideration for Vandy. They are loaded with endowment money. That is one reason their baseball team is usually good. They aren't limited by the number of scholarships available due to Title IX. They give out as many full rides as they want to in the form of grants and academic scholarships so they don't count in the Title IX calculation.

Their endowment is something like $10B. In comparison, South Carolina's endowment is $989 million.
I'm sure they don't hate the money.

LonghornsGamecocks

Feb 24, 2024

UT's endowment is $19B (Austin campus only). When I moved to Austin in 2006 to go to grad school, I remember telling my mom after a few months, "you wouldn't believe how much ******* money they have out here." It's a different game some places.

(I grew up in Charlotte and Columbia and was not well traveled as a youngster)

Cybercock

Jan 20, 2022

Who gives that much money to a school?
Ridiculous

Baltcock96

Joined Dec 11, 2001
Jan 28, 2022

Talking about endowments. U of Richmond’s has over 3B in endowments.