Apparently many on here forgot how coaching changes work.

Trojanbulldog19

Aug 25, 2014
The system the personnel was recruited for doesn’t exist anymore. It’s literally no longer on this planet.

As for a tweak of the current system, it might be Briles, who utilizes a lot of Air Raid concepts. Or it might be someone else who does the same. It 100% will NOT be anyone who calls and designs plays just like Leach…..so some change is unavoidable.
This. With leach gone, the true air raid is gone. There is not one experienced OC that runs the system like leach. Mumme, well his experience is very week and I wouldn't be comfortable turning over the entire offense to Matt. The difference is most of these guys that run air raid concepts do it under an offensive head coach or the head coach runs the plays. Harrell would have been my first call if I wanted to stay true to leach. Because his is close and he has play calling experience, but that didn't happen so my guess is arnett wanted to mix things up. Littrell hasn't been announced but he had been available for a while and even he runs something different and hasn't been OC in a few years. Hatcher even runs different air raid. Rogers more than likely won't fit anyone we are going to get because he's a pure air raid qb. Short throws and a lot of them.

Dawgzilla2

Oct 9, 2022
We won nine this year, you bet we were on,pace to win ten next year, with 8 home games and a veteran team returning. I’ll say it again.

the odds of Leach winning one More game next year we’re zero ? LOL
How long have you even been a State fan? "Wait till next year" is our team motto. SPOILER ALERT: next year never comes.

The examples are endless. In 2018, people on this very board predicted Morehead, Howland, and Cannizarro were about to provide the greatest sports year in MSU history. In 2001 we were preseason dark horses to play in the Rose Bowl for the national championship.

College football teams change drastically week to week, let alone year to year. We don't even know what next year's roster will look like for us or our opponents.

I mean, we could have been a 10 win team this year if we just beat Kentucky. We were also really close to being a 6-6 team.

I'm not saying 10 wins next year was impossible, but it certainly was/is unlikely.

GhostOfJackie

Apr 20, 2009
It's not that changes are being made...it's that if we were going to make wholesale changes then we should have had a real search instead of just hiring a guy to make sure we kept a class intact that fits a scheme we're dumping.... it's poor management from that perspective....

This looks more like Larry Templeton just hiring a guy because he's cheap...
huh? You do realize that we were in a strange situation where timing was very important right? Hypothetically yes, you have a real coaching search and hire the guy that comes out of that lengthy process, but we didn't have that luxury. We also didn't even have an AD to facilitate that process. Keenum made the right decision and I applaud him for it.

mo7888

Oct 18, 2017
huh? You do realize that we were in a strange situation where timing was very important right? Hypothetically yes, you have a real coaching search and hire the guy that comes out of that lengthy process, but we didn't have that luxury. We also didn't even have an AD to facilitate that process. Keenum made the right decision and I applaud him for it.
I realize how unique our situation was...but that in of itself isn't a good argument against the position I've laid out herein several posts...and if you read them in context you'll see I'm not arguing that Keenum made a bad decision..

Chucksizzle

Dec 17, 2022
We won nine this year, you bet we were on,pace to win ten next year, with 8 home games and a veteran team returning. I’ll say it again.

the odds of Leach winning one More game next year we’re zero ? LOL
It’s the simple truth. leach won nine this year, returns veteran team, has a much easier schedule next year including 8 home games....he would have won 10 or more.

deal with it

Reactions: mo7888

SchrodingersDawg

Sep 15, 2020
It’s the simple truth. leach won nine this year, returns veteran team, has a much easier schedule next year including 8 home games....he would have won 10 or more.

deal with it
Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Get unlimited access today.

Pick the right plan for you.

Already a member? Login